Raw chocolate + hazelnuts = my idea of heaven and I know that I’m not alone out here.
This is my raw, delicious and healthy recipe for the classic favourite Nutella. I have many chocolate-hazelnut recipes on my blog and website but I realized that I have never shared this recipe with you and it’s one of my favs.
I normally whip up a batch of this every week or so and in my place and use it as a healthy spread on pancakes, sprouted breads or crackers and with fruit.
I have also been known to barbecue with this spread adding red chilli powder to it and marinating tofu or other proteins in it…it’s pretty amazing…the South and Central American cultures were definitely onto something here.
***Note, this recipe tends to disappear pretty quickly so I am not actually sure how long it keeps refrigerated but my guess is that it stays for at least a couple of weeks.
1 cup Raw Cacao Butter (I use Organic Lives Brand)
1 cup Cacao Nibs
21/2 Tbsp Raw Cacao Powder
2 cups Organic Hazelnuts (soaked for at least a few hours and rinsed) OR ½ Cup Organic Hazelnut Butter
1 Tbsp Liquid Stevia, 1/8 Cup Stevia OR ¼ Cup Agave OR Raw Honey OR Sweetener of your choice
¼ Tsp Pink Himalayan Crystal Salt
1. Place measured cacao butter in a warm place next to the stove or in the sun and allow to melt.
2. Using a food processor combine all ingredients, including melted cacao butter and blend until completely smooth.
3. Store in a glass mason jar or other glassware and refrigerate.
***Note, you may top this with chopped hazelnuts for a crunchy Nutella (I have not included this in the recipe value)
1 Serving = 1 Tbsp
Anyone as addicted to Pinterest as I am? I love how it’s a smorgasbord of inspiration, ideas, and creativity - it’s so easy to get lost in all of the amazing photos out there! These are some of my favorite pins this week. Are you on Pinterest? Send me your profile and I’ll follow you!
Summer Salad Series - Zain’s Vineyard Tomato, Basil & Buffalo MIlk Burrata Salad with Wild Barbecued Salmon
This is my clean spin on on of my all time favourite’s the Italian classic Tricolor Ensalata.
With all of those beautiful, fragrant, summer tomatoes and herb planters stuff with gorgeous varieties of basil, this luscious salad will be a hit at any party or barbecue.
**Makes 2 Servings
***Prep Time 5 minutes, Cook Time 5-7 Minutes
5oz Wild Salmon (I normally BBQ on a cedar plank)
1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1 Clove Garlic (minced)
½ Cup Fresh Basil
½ Tbsp Pecorino (optional)
2 Tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Pine Nuts OR 8g Walnuts
1 Wild Garlic Clove
Himalayan Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper To Taste
2 Large Organic Heirloom Tomatoes (thickly sliced, choose various shapes and hues)
½ Cup Organic Grape Tomatoes (whole)
4 Organic Vine Ripened Tomatoes (sliced)
1/8 Cup Sun Dried Tomatoes (un-soaked, finely chopped)
4oz Buffalo Milk Cheese OR Burrata (if competing, opt for a low-fat buffalo milk cheese or Low Fat Ricotta)
5-7 Fresh Basil Leaves (some chopped, some whole)
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Drizzle of Balsamic Reduction OR Balsami Oil
1 Tbsp Pesto
Himalayan Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper to Taste
1. Heat barbecue. Place salmon on a large piece of aluminum foil and marinate in syrup and garlic.
2. Prepare pesto by lightly blending all ingredients in a food processor OR use a mortar and pestle to grind ingredients together. Set aside.
3. Once barbecue is heated, fold aluminum foil and create a pouch with the salmon in the middle. Leave a slight opening for air and place on the top rack of the grill. Barbecue until tender approximately 3 minutes on one side then 2-3 on the other.
4. Meanwhile, prepare and plate salad ingredients and either spoon or cut buffalo cheese and arrange in a pattern with basil leaves.
5. Top salad with ½ dressing and once salmon is cooked use a fork to flake pieces over the salad and cover with the remaning dressing. Garnish with basil and or fresh lemon or lemon juice. Serve immediately.