i think possibly the worst thing in the world is when your parents have friends over for dinner and then that fateful moment comes when dinner is ready and you have to leave the comfort of your bedroom to awkwardly reach around everyone to grab the food and then make the walk of shame back to your bedroom
So this guy just made my day 100% better. How? Well as I was knee-deep in watching Buzzfeed videos on Youtube I saw this guy in my recommended. So I clicked on the video (he was ranting about his annoying emails). I watched it and I laughed and I thought, “Hm he seems like a cool dude I wonder what else I can watch?” So I find another one of his videos and have at it. Then after like 5 vids I find one entitled My Sexuality.
And in it he starts telling the story of when he was in the 5th grade and how he’s never really had a “crush” before and how even in high school he never felt the need to “do the do”. Long story short he ended the video with saying that he was demisexual (
a person who does not experience sexual attraction unless they form a strong emotional connection with someone). And tbh that was the best thing I’ve ever heard. It was like music to my ears. Here’s this guy running a Youtube channel with over 100,000 subscribers and he’s demi. That just makes me so happy. Being asexual it’s often very frustrating and hard for me to find other people to relate to that are a positive uplifting influence that’s relatively close to my age (He’s almost 24 if Wiki is accurate). This guy has 100,000 subs and he’s demi. Let me say that again. THIS GUY HAS 100,000 SUBS AND HE’S DEMI. Here is a person whose discovery story I can identify with. He is a youtuber that I can relate to.
Although I am pretty comfortable with my own sexuality I still have my “I feel like such a broken and wrong individual” days. And whenever I have one of those days I hate all the sexual innuendos that same of my other fav youtubers use (though on any other day I would laugh at cause sexual innuendos are hella funny most of the time) cause all it does is just jab at my wounds of feeling different and that there is no one on that platform that feels the way I do. So finding someone that does is such a euphoric feeling.
I know the “sexuality” video is about 5 months old but discovering it was like finding a gem. Even if it was 5 weeks old or 5 years old just knowing that this video is out there makes me happy cause it just means I’m not as horribly alone as I thought I was.
Evan Edinger( evanedinger) thank you so much for making that video. Thank you for making me realize I’m not as alone with my sexuality as I thought I was. Just thank you. It makes me feel so much better.
You subscribe to him hereon his youtube channel. He makes videos every Sunday. Have a wonderul day!
just a few things that i’ve learned that really help me stay positive keep in mind that these are very tailored towards me as an individual, and what works for me may not work for you but maybe some will!! theres no harm in trying stuff out ouo
- first things first, get in the habit of thinking positively! about to take a test and you have no idea what the material is?? you’ll do your best anyway. un-enthused about a trip that you really don’t want to go on? try and enjoy it anyway, you’ll see new things and explore new places if you do this for at least like.. an hour a day then it’ll just come to you naturally after a while
- buy animal crossing. for any console that you have like it sounds dumb but animal crossing is just so peaceful and relaxing and you can make your room really pretty and isabelle is adorable and you get the feeling of social interaction which really helps me at least
- open up ur dang curtains and let some air in it gives you exposure to the outside world and gets some light in and makes you feel less disconnected from the world
- find a hobby that you really enjoy!! personally i love to draw, sew, make cosplay and make videos its all really relaxing and it gives me something to do so that im not sad and bored all the time sekrngse
- speaking of, have something to do!!! most of the time i find myself depressed and anxious and bored when im not doing anything at all this is why i say find a hobby
- whenever you feel depressed or anxious see if you’re talking to anyone again, whenever i feel anxious or depressed i often find that its because i have hardly spoken to anyone the entire day just go start up a conversation with a few friends and see if it helps
- if theres no one to talk with, listen to podcasts!! i usually listen to the jenna & julien podcast, the pizza party podcast, sometimes the nicktoons podcast, sabersparks podcast, and the new G club podcast game grumps is doing (same with game grumps comps)
- do some self care. shower, comb your hair, brush your teeth, shave, etc it doesn’t have to be a lot but i always feel better after a little bit of self care and makes me want to do more
- what if you just cant get yourself out of bed to do anything?? start playing a game. anything from overwatch to heckin’ murder mystery 2 on roblox it distracts me from being upset and helps to kinda clear my mind a little and give me a break from stuff
- feeling unmotivated? usually what i do is watch videos based around what i need motivation for for example, if im feeling unmotivated to draw i’ll watch speedpaints and videos by juicy ink on youtube and any art related videos that i can find and it usually snaps me back into motivation real quickly
- GO TO CONS!! oh my god cons are so fun it doesn’t have to be some huge con like anime expo or SDCC, it can be a small local one that doesn’t cost your entire savings account to go to you’ll meet people irl that share the same interests as you and often times smaller cons are a lot more chill to go to like it isnt super crowded and you can actually walk around and talk to people
- productivity is the best feeling. try and get something done today!! it doesn’t have to be some big huge project, it can be something small like answering a few notifications in your inbox
- go through your follow list and unfollow people that you just don’t like on your dash or that you’re uninterested in. even if its a mutual your dash should be a place that makes you happy, not anxious plus it feels really nice to clean through who you follow every once and a while, it also makes you feel a little productive
- clean your room!! if you’re anything like me your room will stay really messy and cluttered and you’ll never do anything about it cleaning occasionally helps everyone, and it may give you a little bit of exercise as well it helps to clear my mind and relax me even more and motivates me to keep doing more stuff