“16 things I learned by age 16
1. One bad grade won’t ruin your life.
2. Crying, ice cream, and Taylor Swift is the perfect remedy for a breakup.
3. You’ll have lots of temporary friends. Don’t take it personally when they leave you. As people grow older, they grow apart.
4. Don’t just wear makeup or certain clothes for the sole purpose of impressing people. The only person you need to impress is yourself.
5. You don’t need to fry your hair everyday with a flat iron. Leave it natural every now and then. Your hair will thank you later.
6. It’s okay to stay in your pajamas all day.
7. Embrace your inner child. Watch Disney movies and cuddle with your favorite stuffed animal.
8. If it’s midnight and you’re still awake stressing about homework, just go to bed. You’ll feel a lot better in the morning.
9. People will say things about you behind your back. This is because they’re too afraid & insecure to say it to your face. Let it go.
10. Go ahead and eat that piece of cake you’ve been eyeing. You won’t gain 500 pounds from one piece.
11. Hell, eat the entire cake if you want. Weight is just a number and it doesn’t define you in any way.
12. Develop a good relationship with your parents. You’ll be glad you did in years to come.
13. Always apologize even if you don’t think you did anything wrong.
14. If you’re ever feeling down, try and force yourself to smile. It may feel fake, but studies have shown that smiling can help.
15. Do what you love to do, regardless of what anyone says or thinks.
16. Don’t waste time searching for love. It can happen in the most unexpected time, or in the most unexpected place, or with the most unexpected person. Let love find you.”