Okay so there’s a lot of talk about how BPD tumblr encourages abusive behaviour and stuff so I thought I’d say share my thoughts.
- Most of the posts used as examples are about splitting.
- Splitting is NOT inherently abusive.
- Splitting is something that many borderlines struggle with, and it’s not their fault.
- Splitting on someone does not automatically mean you are being abusive. How you FEEL is not abusive. How you ACT is.
- You are NOT a bad person for splitting.
- You should think critically about how you act and what you post - there ARE some people who joke about behaviours that are abusive.
- Abusive behaviours I’ve seen joked about include: intentionally hurting someone when you split on them, punishing people when they upset you.
- Other unhealthy things include being unwilling to work on your disorder and being unwilling to acknowledge that some of your past or current behaviours are toxic.
- You shouldn’t feel bad for making jokes about your negative symptoms as long as they are not encouraging anything unhealthy.
- For many people, including myself, BPD tumblr is the only community where it is safe to talk openly about the symptoms of this disorder, and have other people understand you.
It really upsets me to see people painting all of us with the same brush, especially considering that BPD can display itself in a number of different ways. Not to mention that most of us are actively seeking help (therapy, meds, etc.)