Forehead Kisses - Newt Scamander Imagines.
I love forehead kisses like. There are so many forehead kisses? FOREHEAD KISSES WITH NEWT WOULD LITERALLY KILL ME. I feel like he’s a Forehead kiss sort of guy.
- “I won’t be too long.” Newt’s voice was on the lighter side this morning, almost as if the way the sun peaked into the room gave him a complete and utter sense of tranquility. Giving a rather warm peck to your forehead, he tucks back some of your hair before resting his case on the ground and opening it. It’s a fluid action, and he moves rather smoothly and you found yourself almost fixated on the way his hands moved around his case. Skillful action, he’s done it a thousand times, maybe even more. Attention is drawn back to his entirety as he takes a step into the case. He looks back at you momentarily, his eyes locking with yours.
Lets his gaze linger on you for a few seconds more before disappearing into the case you felt your breathing regulate. Moments like that, with a sort of eclectic rush and painted movement given by Newt always left you breathless.
- An equivalent to the forehead kiss of “I’m late for work, kiss for you, and out the door”.
- A lot easier than saying “bye”, something Newt doesn’t particularly enjoy. Goodbye’s, whether long term or short term, are goodbye nonetheless.
- Instances where the two of you are sharing a bed, or simply cuddling there is a lot of embracing one another. He’ll tuck some of your hair away from your face, gazing down at you. From the position he’s in, he can’t clearly see your expression but given the chance to guess, Newt figured you were content in his arms. Craning his head down, he kisses the side of your head and presses his face into your hair. His skin tickles yours. Newt senses you smile before it turned into a soft chuckle. He holds you tighter, but not uncomfortably so. There’s something tender and warm about holding another person so close, about feeling their heart beating under your fingertips. It’s a raw sensation, stripped to the very center of the emotion running wild in both your minds.
- Occasions where you feel completely helpless and find yourself leaning against his body in search of some sort of security. He smells like his case. Not awful, but more homely and more nurturing than anything else. A sublime mixture of tea, herbal medicine and strangely enough, fresh dirt from a far away in the countryside. The sudden defenselessness you were exhibiting set off alarms in his mind, and with feathery movement, Newt wraps his arms around you. Your knees finally give way after finding support and your face digs itself further into his peacock colored jacket. You smelt something else now, something that always helped you calm down. Newt had a certain scent that you hadn’t been able to describe, and the closest you came to describing it was as ‘A farm in the early morning. It’s quiet, there’s work to be done, and there’s only so much time in the day to get it done.’ You know it’s not a smell, but there’s almost a distant memory associated with it.
Unbeknownst to you, Newt is feeling equally as helpless at the moment. You’re in his arms, crumbling so it seems and he’s no way of telling why you’re so melancholy. He takes a deep breath in and does what he thinks it right, a sort of instinct he always possessed. Kissing your hairline ever so gently, he spoke in a soothing tone, “It’s alright, I’ve got you…” He knows you’ll talk to him when you’re ready to be heard. But for right now, this was what you needed.
- Newt having different sort of forehead kisses. The kind that aren’t completely center, and lean more towards the right or left. Usually happens when he’s in a hurry and leaves you with an unexpected forehead peck.
- Kisses directly above your eyebrow. You’re both laying down, the sun hasn’t even risen yet and there’s almost a dreary sense of doom impending because you do not want to get out of the warm bed. Newt has only been awake for a couple minutes, still trying to process waking up. He knows you’re beside him. Without opening his eyes, he leans over and puckers his lips. The kiss hands directly above your right eyebrow. His lips curl against your skin as he pulls you closer. A few more minutes wouldn’t hurt.
- Kisses that land more on the side of your head. A mindless, affectionate action. Happens with he’s not paying complete attention and his mind is somewhere else.
- Attentive forehead kisses. Newt’s fingers are cupped on your jawline to keep you in place. His beautiful green eyes are staring right into yours. In the lighting, you can see his pupils dilating, you could almost count the freckles that lined his cheeks, and you could see the different colors swirling in his eyes. They weren’t completely green and seemed to hold hues of yellow and maybe even gold. Newt’s that close to you. Biting his bottom lip, he seems to be contemplating what to do before bending your head down slightly and craning his down to give you a gentle kiss to your forehead. The motion says, “I love you, you know that.“
You raise your hands to place them on his before stepping forward. You kiss him gently, lips pressing in the slightest to tell him that you love him too.
I expected to write more but darn these are actually pretty long lmao. Thank you for reading! Reblogs and likes are appreciated! Stay tuned for more Newt Scamander + other FBAWTFT fics!