Cosmic Witchcraft 101 🌠
- Who can be a cosmic witch?
- Anyone can be a cosmic witch! The main aspects of cosmic witchcraft include working with the various celestial bodies included in the cosmos, and harnessing energy from them depending upon your intent. If you feel drawn to the cosmos and the vastness of outer space, then cosmic witchcraft is definitely for you.
What & Why:
- Figure out what aspects of cosmic witchcraft that you are drawn to
- Is it your fascination with outer space? Is it the desire for a spiritual relationship with the cosmos? There are many reasons someone might be drawn to this practice, so do some digging and figure out yours.
- Which celestial bodies do you want to work with and why?
- This ranges from planets, to stars, to constellations, and various deep space objects. Each celestial body has its own set of correspondences and associations, some that may resonate more with you than others.
- Still at a loss? Complete your birth chart and figure out your dominant planet - birth charts show the alignment of the planets at the time of your birth. Each person has a dominant planet, which can be found in more detailed birth charts that you can complete online.
- To find your dominant planet, go to Astro.com > click “extended chart selection” on the right hand side > fill out the necessary information > choose “Pullen/Astrolog” > from the dropdown menu, select “simple chart delineation by Walter Pullen” > scroll about ½ or ¾ of the way down the page until you find a section that lists the percentages of the planets in your chart > the planet with the highest percentage would be considered your dominant planet.
- What kind of spells do you like to perform?
- Each celestial body has their own set of correspondences to choose from depending on your intent.
- The types of spells you can perform when practicing cosmic witchcraft are endless.
- Draw planetary symbols as sigils, or combine them to represent more than one intention
- Using Planetary Symbols (an ask)
- Make spell jars or sachets using ingredients that represent various planets or celestial bodies
- Perform glamour magick using cosmic spell ingredients
- Celestial Roll-On Perfume
- Planetary Bath Salts
- Planetary Shower Disks
- Uranian Coffee Scrub
- Solar Herbal Salve
- Burn loose incense or herbs that represent the planets
- Make powders that represent the planets to be used in spell jars, sachets, or to be sprinkled in a desired area
- Charge water with celestial energy
- Turn your charged water into a consumable potion
- What kind of tools do you like to use?
- With Cosmic Witchcraft, you’re free to use whatever tools you like, as they all have some kind of association to the cosmos. This includes herbs, essential oils, and crystals, to name a few.
- Spell timing in cosmic witchcraft can be done in a multitude of ways.
- Planetary hours (the hours of the Sun, the Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Saturn, etc.)
- Lunar phases (waning, waxing, full, new, etc.)
- Planetary aspects and alignments (sextile, trine, conjunction, square, etc.)
- Planetary placements (whether a planet is transiting through a certain zodiac sign)
- Various times of day (sunrise, daylight, noon, evening, twilight, nighttime, midnight, etc.)
- Meteor Showers
- Cosmic witchcraft can be performed literally anywhere, whether it’s inside or outside. You don’t necessarily have to be outside under the night sky to successfully perform a cosmic spell or harness cosmic energy. If you choose to perform cosmic magick indoors, use some visual or auditory tools to help you out; i.e. spacey music, a picture of space on your computer, a space poster on the wall behind your altar, etc.
- Actively practicing cosmic witchcraft encompasses more than just doing spells.
- Learn to harness the power of the cosmos to not only perform spells but also to charge, empower, and enchant objects
- Learn to protect yourself using cosmic energy
- Set up an altar dedicated to the cosmos and your practice
- Perform daily, mundane-seeming tasks to connect with the cosmos
- Do arts and crafts that can be used as active spell components or as objects to represent the cosmos
- Incorporating Cosmic Magick into your practice (a reblog)