Sometimes, I’ll just be going about my day and it’s just an average Tuesday and then sometimes – this feeling hits me out of nowhere.
This super heavy feeling in my chest that makes me feel like I can’t breathe sometimes.
And sometimes, when that feeling hits me, it feels like you’re with me and I can breathe again.
And in that moment, I will laugh because I remember something funny you did or how easily and unconditionally you made me feel love – especially today, in a world that doesn’t seem to love easily. A world that doesn’t seem to love at all.
And somehow, even if just in that moment, it seems like I’ll be okay again.
Maybe not today.
Someday I’ll be okay again.
The world around us may have changed, but we haven’t.
And then sometimes, I remember you’re gone… but then, I’ll remember your smile.
y’all: *can accept the fact that trainees in the top three have to compete against thousands of other potential trainees just to be taken in as trainees and then compete again once they’re in the company to actually debut, sometimes waiting nearly a decade before they get the chance*
also y’all: *complain that groups in the big three don’t work hard enough because free promo is handed to them, with the ridiculous idea that automatically having fans somehow cancels out the awful things all trainees have to go through just to get on a stage*
Minho: *speak first* Key-goon is really busy recently, as expected. He will MC for our comeback stages in M!Countdown, he also acted in play and many musicals. He will have musical performances in Japan. Then for our recent concert, he designs the outfits. He made cool outfits. Key-goon has many interests in fashion, so he become special editor in magazine.
Jonghyun: He also currently star in a drama “Drinking Solo”!
Minho: Right, he currently star in “Drinking Solo” as a student named “Kibum” preparing for civil servant examination. That’s our SHINee’s Key-goon activities.
There’s only 6 spots available in the Grand Prix Finale and it’s probably a little pre-emptive to try and guess who’s gonna make it since we don’t know at least half of the potential candidates, but I wanna break down how many chances each of these guys has of making it till the end of the line. In no particular order
1) Katsuki Yuuri. 100% guaranteed. Whether he actually wins the GP’s a whole other story, but the story would have to drastically change its entire core to justify Yuuri not making it.
2) Phichit Chulanont: Almost no chance. This stage of competition is meant for Yuuri to overcome his tragic past, and he’s facing it in the way of his old coach Celestino and his old rinkmate Phichit. Once Yuuri’s defeated them, they will have no narrative purpose in the story. Also, Phichit needs to place top 2 here to have a chance to make it and that’s looking unlikely with all the other guys he’d have to beat for that
3) Leo de la Iglesia: I estimate about 1 in 3 chances. I’d like to say it’s 50/50 because I’m super parcial for him and I adore him, but narratively the character doesn’t seem to have much purpose We haven’t even seen him interact with Yuuri even though they were in the same room. But within the story, his victory at Skate America gives him a very good shot. I think if he manages to stay in the top 3 here, he might make it (this is a very rough guess of mine since I know nothing about skating, maybe even if he makes top 3 his scores won’t suffice) Fingers crossed.
4) Guang-Hong Ji. No chance whatsoever. Sorry little guy. No narrative purpose and placed 6th in the SP. We didn’t even see much of his SP either, had the least camera time out of all of them. He’s too young. There’s no way he’s gonna place above Chris or Leo. The only thing that gives me pause is that he’s the only one who has gotten no backstory whatsoever, so maybe they could be saving that for a later stage, but I doubt it, it’s more likely he gets a bit of character in the FS and out you go.(he can go cheer on Leo tho? Srsly fingers crossed for Leo)
5) Christophe Giacometti. I’d say it’s guaranteed he makes it. For one, he’s been established as a former rival of Victor who’s now acknowledged Yuuri as a rival too. Within the story, he placed 2nd in last year’s GPF and World’s he was Victor’s closest competition. He’s a seasoned skater and he downgraded his quad in the SP to a triple, leaving room to impress us in a future performance. In fact my speculation is that Yuuri will succumb to the pressure in the FS and get beaten by Chris, then Yuuri will have the chance for his revenge at the Final. Anime can always surprise you so there’s no guarantee. But aside from Yuuri, I think he’s the one with the biggest chances.
6) Georgi Popovich. Wildcard? His character design and over-the-top characterization make me dismiss him, but he did really great in the SP, so he might actually have a decent shot at this. Like, narratively he’s toast, but within the story he’s being placed as a dangerous rival, so anything could happen. My bet is that Georgi (and Yakov) will be for Victor what Phichit is for Yuuri in this stage, a chance to overcome the past and prove he’s not fooling around and that coaching Yuuri is totally worth it. I think something will happen with his ex that’ll make him self-destruct in the FS.
As for random guesses at the wind, I think JJ is guaranteed a spot on the sole principle that he was also a medalist last year and he’s voiced by Mamoru Miyano. He already won Skate Canada too. My weird prediction though, after this week’s episode, is that Yurio won’t make the cut. He looked so miserable with his second place in Canada that something must be going horribly wrong with his training. So my current prediction is that he’s gonna self-destruct in Rostelecom and then he’ll come back to his parents Japan to continue the journey of growth and self-realization that began under that waterfall before Onsen on Ice. But these are very random predictions, we’d have to see the other competitors before knowing
Thoughts? Agree? Disagree? Got any predictions of your own? If you’re not rooting for Leo come here so I can high-five you on the face with a brick. And most importantly have we decided on a ship name for Guang-Hong and Leo?