🔮Shoutout to my underaged witches who can’t afford to let other people know about them.
🔮Shoutout to the people who picked up a book one day and decided to call themselves a witch.
🔮Shoutout to the witches who started learning from a young age and didn’t give up even when people told you to.
🔮Shoutout to the witches who were told they were invalid and yet are still witches.
🔮Shoutout to the people supporting witches of any age, gender, race, sexuality, size, or shape.
🔮Shoutout to the witches that do stuff on their own terms.
🔮Shoutout to the witches who don’t want to be defined for just what they practice and believe in.
You. Are. Valid. No matter what ANYONE may say against it.
I just hope this gives people having a hard time accepting themselves as a witch a little more hope. It doesn’t matter what you do or what you did to get you here, you are an important witch and I love you. -Max
Y’all should really be reading Chilling Adventures of Sabrina if you aren’t. Imagine a ‘70s satanic panic horror movie mixed with The VVitch, mixed again with Sabrina the Teenage Witch (well, obviously), and then stuffed full of blood and guts and hauntingly grotesque imagery. That’s what this series is. It’s a real page turner, too. Absolutely required reading for horror fans! I’m in love.
Okay, so I just finished reading both series and I was already speculating what Amren was when I read that SJM had told one of her readers already and they had freaked out. This means that we must already know what sort of creature Amren is without needing much more explanation. I also read that SJM confirmed that ACOTAR and TOG are in the same megaverse, so their separate dimensions can hypothetically be reached through, say, a wyrdgate.
Therefore, after careful deliberation and mulling over each character, all still fresh in my mind I have come to the conclusion that the best bet for what Amren’s true form is…. Manon.
Keep in mind, this would be Manon thousands of years after the war with Erawan in which she fell through a wyrdgate into the ACOTAR world as the cauldron was creating it. She was then trapped there and ensnared into a Fae body and went berserk, doing enough wrong to get her sent to The Prison. When she escaped, she knew that by now, Dorian and all her friends were probably long dead but never lost hope of returning to her realm.
There are a couple different points to back up my theory:
1. The blood drinking (emphasized by her particular love for goat blood which is what she and the Thirteen hunted and ate while in the Ferian Gap)
2. Her disinterest in other people, especially advances from men as (hopefully) she is still harboring her love for Dorian perhaps and not wanting to bother with the fae of this realm when her heart belongs in another dimension
3. She can read the Book of Breathings, written in a long forgotten language that everyone had forgotten. However, perhaps with everything in the war, Manon learned to read Wyrdmarks, as it was necessary for winning, and never quite forgot how to decipher it. Though after thousands of years she needed to brush up a bit before being able to read and translate the book. Or it could just be the dialect of Erilea that she has forgotten over the millenniums and must now remember how she had talked, and how she had read, feeling more and more sorry for Elide as she struggled to remember the way words were spelled and how the letters looked because she hadn’t realized how difficult it was to not be able to read.
4. Her automatic softness towards Feyre after she opened up about what happened with her family and what Tamlin had done to her, reminding Amren of a girl, thousands of years ago in another dimension who had also been abused and treated wrongly. So she gave Feyre the amulet to help her without even knowing her more than twenty-four hours. She just couldn’t help herself, there was so much Elide in that thin, Tamlin-wrecked girl that arrived at the House of Wind.
5. The fae body she is trapped in is the exact opposite from Manon’s, “several inches shorter than me [Feyre], her chin-length black hair glossy and straight, her skin tan and smooth and her face - pretty, bordering on plain - was bored’. This is in direct contrast to Manon, who has long, white hair, and a pale complexion, also quoted by Dorian that ‘he’d never seen anyone so beautiful’. Not to mention the eyes, Amren’s silver eyes battling with Manon’s deep gold. Whatever spell trapped her in that body, made her the opposite of what she once was, forcing her to hate this cage not only for the Fae exterior but the lie is portrayed over her once revered beauty.
6. She joins a court that can fly so that she might once again feel the wind in her hair after so many years under a mountain in the dark. Also reminding her of her Thirteen, cleaved apart before darkness could claim them and away from her Abraxos who is left without a rider for the remainder of his life. But if I go too much into this one I’m gonna cry.
7. The jewelry ties into it somehow, probably. I’m thinking that she went through the wyrdgate using either The Amulet of Orynth or the Eye of Elena and it somehow got lost in transit. She had idly mentioned she was looking for a rare piece of jewelry once to Dorian and he has been buying the rarest pieces he can find for her ever since, knowing it is to somehow help her return.
I’m not 100% sure where the powers came from, perhaps simply appearing in this realm or coming with the body, maybe gifted to her from Dorian, or honed from millennia in The Prison. Or any other twist SJM wants to play.
TL/DR Amren is Manon trapped in another dimension, in another body, apart from everyone she loves and has been trying to get back to for the past five thousand years +
“To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.” -Oscar Wilde
To enhance self-love/self-confidence, and just spoil yourself :)
What you need:
Pink Himalayan Salt- Self-love
Lavender Buds/Oil- Love, Happiness
Rose Petals/Oil- Self- love
Myrrh Incense- Self-love
Rosemary- Purification/ Self-Love
Vanilla oil- Love/Self-Love
Pink Spell Bag
4 Rose Quarts pieces/points
4 Pink Candles
(Optional) Pink or Rose Scented Bath Bomb/Bubblebath
What to do:
Add Lavender buds, rose petals, thyme, and rosemary to a pot of boiling water and boil for about 3-4 minutes, until you get a tea. Strain the herbs from the tea, and draw your bath while it cools, adding the pink himalayan salt to desolve.
Put a rose quarts point in each corner of the tub with a pink candle. If you used oils and not hers, add them to your bath now, along with your bath bomb or bubblebath. If you made the tea, add it to the tub once it’s filled. Light your incense, pick some music that makes you feel relaxed and beautiful, and enjoy your bath.
Think of the things you do not like about yourself, and find something beautiful about it. For example, if you can’t stand the color of your eyes, list all the things you find beautiful about that color and compare it to your eyes. Do this for at least 6 features/personality traits.
When you are finished, drain the tub and remain in the water until it is completely drained, visualizing all the negative thoughts, insecurities, and self-doubt being sucked out of you and down the drain with the water. Visualize a light pink light glowing from within, replacing all of the departing negative views/emotions with love, confidence, kindness, and self-appreciation.
And there you have it. I like to add some coconut oil to my bath for a little extra love boost and it makes my skin feel amazing.