- Shaw is a cop, partnered with Charlie Crews.
- (If you haven’t watched Life, Crews is her partner who’d been wrongfully convicted of murders and he’s now out and about and saddled with Dani Reese aka shaw)
Shaw starts getting used to Crews and his weird philosophical rants and obsession with fruit.
- He might be a bit weird, but he’s got some different instincts. Different views, a good head for police work.
- She trusts him, oddly enough.
- they get a new case, shooting victim, some school teacher with ties to police officers. Shaw and Crews goes to investigate at the cop bar, they find out she was also a badge bunny.
So Shaw interviews people at the wake, Crews gets bombarded by badge bunnies.
- Shaw gets hit on by one of the guys. Not a cop, but someone who knew the victim. “Never seen you around here before.”
- Shaw gets in some questions before it’s clear he has no idea she’s a cop until she shows him her badge.
- He looks all surprised. “Oh, never seen a girl cop here before, y’know with all the bunnies.”
- “…girl cop?”
- “Hey if you’re a girl cop (Shaw resists the urge to break his knees) then are there lesbo bunnies here?”
- “Yea, isn’t that what it’s called?”
- Shaw should get a pat on the back by her lieutenant for not breaking his fingers.
- She instead goes and finds Crews getting all these phone numbers written on his arm.
- …seriously? Is it the red hair?
Then Shaw gets a beer slid toward her and she looks up to see the…bartender?
- She’s not completely sure, they don’t’ wear uniforms at the bar apparently.
- Shaw raises an eyebrow, guess shes’ got someone else to interview.
- “I’m on duty”
- “I know darlin’ it’s just apple cider.”
- Shaw takes a sniff test and wets her lips with it. Too sweet. “You work here?”
- “No, just helping out, what with the…” she tilts her head at all the pictures of the victim. “Name?”
- “Caroline. Caroline Turing. Nice to meet ya detective, anything you need, you just ask me okay?”
- Caroline winks. Or did she blink?
- Shaw deflects all of Caroline’s flirtations and ignores Crews staring at the back of her head until they get a lead from another officer.
- Crews keeps staring at her with this twinkle in his eye and a smirk at the corner of his lips.
“What?” Shaw finally grits out.
- “Someone likes you Shaw.”
- “If you say it’s you I’m gonna puke on your Ferrari.”
- “No you wouldn’t.”
- “You’re right, I”ll puke on your shoes.”
- Crews shuffles away slightly. “Not me, Caroline, you know the other girls were saying she’s a hot commodity? Their words not mine. Totally an angel they say, always letting the other girls take first dibs of the guys.”
- Shaw shrugs. “Okay. So she might be harboring resentment, think she killed her?”
- “Could be, they also said she never ever takes the initiative…and how surprised they were seeing her talk to you.”
- “Interviewing witnesses Crews, trying to solve a murder ring any bells?”
- Crews just grins even wider. “They say you’re the first cop she’s ever flirted so long with.”
Shaw ignores him and his insinuations, and no way in hell is she gonna have any ties with a badge bunny.
- But damn it seems like Caroline knew more than she let on, gotta interview her again.
- She tracks Caroline down to her work…a fucking psychiatrist of course. She finds Caroline and tails her. Caroline’s being awfully suspicious, she should be having a full work day but she’s off early?
- And she’s definitely doing counter surveillance measures.
- Too bad Shaw was in the Marines, good luck losing…
- where’d she go?!
Something is definitely up with Turing and she’s gonna find out. She stalks Turing for a few days, watching high priced patients come and go.
- Do they even have any problems or are they just paying someone to vent out their frustrations? Whatever, the rich are stupid.
- It’s 3 days of nothing, until … huh… looks like Caroline’s meeting someone at a diner… Salt & pepper hair, nice suit… not a client… Lover? Not with the stiff way he’s holding himself around her, no…something’s definitely up.
- Too bad Crews gets a new lead on the case and oh they solved it. Turns out one of their own officers who’s got a drug problem shot her when he was high.
- Case closed.
- Except…Turing is definitely up to something.
- Shaw is not obsessed, but someone who’s have had access to so many officers and the rich and powerful doing something shady? That’s something she needs to investigate.
She freaking loses Turing AGAIN on the way to stalk-investigating her. Turing wearing a leather jacket, skinny jeans…and a gun.
- Two guns to be exact. She can see them just under her waistband.
- Shaw’s got a gun to the back of her head. How’d she get the drop on her? Who the fuck is she?
“Looks like you’ve been stalking me.”
- “Same difference, but I can’t have you snooping around my business like that detective.”
- “Yea? And what business is that?”
- “Why? You want to be read in?”
- Okay so turns out Caroline Turing may or may not be an FBI Agent
- and Shaw may or may not have compromised her whole mission .
- And good looking guy in a suit may or may not be her partner.
“You can call me Root.”
- “Agent Root?”
- “Just Root, so Sameen, you ready to bust an international drug ring and squash some HR pests?”