Okay okay if you are okay with it, Zen reacting to MC who loses focus easily? And she deals with that in an unhealthy way, like hitting her leg repeatedly or pulling her hair?
Hi anon! Yeah I’m fine with this.
About the hair pulling thing, that’s something I’ve personally dealt with so some things that really helped me in case some of you are struggling with this. Some things that really helped me was finding something else to fiddle with, such as jewelry. I also used silly putty (which was actually shockingly helpful to mess with since it could change shape and size and I could mess with it inside a pocket), magnetic beads, paintbrushes, and worry stones. I also used to doodle a lot or wear gloves or hats.
- He’s surprisingly gentle in getting them to stop. He doesn’t what to shock them or make them feel bad about doing it, so normally instead of really saying anything, he’ll just come and sit with them
- He’ll probably end up cuddling, even if he was supposed to be doing something else
- Will definitely hold their hands
- Play with their fingers
- If he really is busy he’ll give them something to mess with and will try and work near them at least for a little while
- If it’s just because they got distracted he gets that, but he always checks to make sure they’re okay too, that they’re not stressed out or upset about something.
- So many sweet little kisses
- Always rests his head in their lap
- They probably think that he’s just being dramatic, but he’s definitely doing it to be a distract so that they’ll focus on him instead of more unhealthy coping mechanisms