how many children would be in ilvermorny? [approximately]
• well, there are 25,000,000 children who are within the wizarding school age range in the united states.
• but how many of them are wizards?
• the wizard to muggle ration is 1 wizard for every 4,150 muggles.
• this would leave about 6,100 wizard children approximately.
• so, in all reality, ilvermorny wouldn’t even be as crowded as you’d think. 6.1k children in a school isn’t even that bad, considering how many people are in the united states.
• now, if there are seven years, there would be around 880 students in each year. [which isn’t so bad, considering there’s 1200 kids in my graduating class]
• there would be around 1,530 kids in each house.
since the average american school has a teacher - student ratio of 50:1, there would only need to be around 130 teachers.
• ilvermorny would most likely be another underfunded american school that probably has strict rules and shitty food [the american goverment, everyone. MACUSA is probably no different]