Do you do reincarnation prompts?
1) I wish I wasn’t drawn back to you in every life - it means I’m always losing you and I am tired of accidentally slipping “goodbye” and “please don’t leave me” and “can’t you see I love you” into the cracks in my voice when we say hello.
2) “Is it you?” They scooped the cat up. Peered at it suspiciously, holding it up to their face. It was a worn torn thing still, but affectionate as anything after a few weeks in their home. “You know I’m not a cat person, are you fucking with me? You couldn’t have been a puppy?”
“Are you seriously talking to my cat? Which you stole?”
Their head shot up - not sure if they were more shocked by the achingly familiar voice or the completely unfounded accusations of feline theft. They hadn’t even told the damn thing to keep coming in the house!
3) There were pills that were supposed to stop the flashbacks, the old memories, but some people chose to remember. I spent my whole life trying to forget the terrible thing I did. You spent your whole life trying to remember why you would wake up screaming.
4) She peeled down another poster off the wall, stuffing it into her pocket.
‘NOT GOD BUT THE DEVIL - REINCARNATION IS THE UNDEAD. THIS IS THE APOCALYPSE AND IT IS LIVING IN YOUR HOME.’
The Carnation Project was supposed to bring new life, second chances, hope.
5) “Look, man, you need to get over it. Seriously. That was a whole two lifetimes ago.”