Any new things in the ADKOC gang?
Let’s see! Here’s all the random ADKOC related stuff that’s been bouncing around my head:
1. Victor’s decided they should all go on a vacation together - the four of them - to celebrate. They all got together and wrote down their ideal destinations and put them into a hat to pretend to be anonymous. The results were as follows:
- Into a VOLCANO!!!
- cozy cabin on top of a mountain
Yuri’s idea was nixed immediately (“How did you know that was mine?!” “A volcano, Yuri, seriously?” “Shut up Victor you just want to go see your mother in law” “YOU’VE HAD MAMA’S COOKING!”)
Meanwhile, Yuuri and Otabek: “Would you play at Ibiza?” “Maybe. I want to hear everyone else and see Yuri dance. …but I would be happy in a cabin, too.” Yuuri blushes. “I just think it would be nice to have everyone all together, somewhere cozy, where it doesn’t get too hot if we all share a bed.” “It would have to be a big bed. I’m surprised Victor hasn’t commissioned one for the house.” “Shh! Don’t give him ideas!”
— I’ve been plotting what the ultimate vacation is, but no solid ideas yet ;) My main goal is just to have the Yuris put pretty flowers in their hair.
2. Yuri decides to make up for his earlier miscommunication and take Yuuri out on a formal date. Not even the Olympics made him feel this stressed out. In the end he’s quite the gentleman and Yuuri doesn’t seem to mind Yuri’s clammy hands.
3. “Why don’t we ALL go on a date” – Also Victor’s idea, and thus he gets to plan it. It involves custom-tailored Armani suits and a chef’s table in Paris. Yuri doesn’t know what foie gras is and Otabek is upset that there’s so little food until Victor tells him they’re on course 2 of 11. Victor takes great pride in his French but makes the mistake of taking the wine pairing. The chef will never forget them.
4. One of Yuuri’s cousins has a kid and Victor and Yuuri fly back to Hasetsu for the baptism. This is the first in a very long series of events that culminates in Victor saying “…well… what if we adopted?”
5. Otabek brings Yuri to Almaty to meet the family. Things are Awkward but Otabek’s sibling(s) adore him. When Yuri brings Otabek to meet Grandpa, the two hit it off so well it kind of perturbs Yuri. How can Otabek speak old man like that?
6. In all of their respective family situations, the 4 never really get to be their whole true selves - that is, they never come out as a quartet. It doesn’t even occur to them, at first, but over time Yuuri finds himself wanting to talk about Otabek and Yuri to his parents, to be open about the fact that they all live together and sleep together and love each other. There’s much discussion, but no resolution yet. He does tell Mari, but he tells Mari everything.
7. I’ve also still got a half-written story about Yuuri first getting into skate guards, his first time with Victor (Yuuri is a wait-until-marriage boy), and learning about Victor’s past with Chris (and a few other partners). I feel like Yuuri’s skate guard kink is Important. XD
Phew! OK - I think that’s everything that’s going on in my ADKOC headspace. I still need to write Otabek wrecking Victor for @phaytesworld and Seung Gil’s GBGB scene, and I’ve also got a few more interview questions in my ask box I want to get too. But that’s the gist!