pls i want to hear all bob-kent family headcanons
Didn’t anyone tell you to be careful what you wish for? Okay, fine, but you asked for it. Where do I start?
- Kent and Bob officially first met at some team picnic thing that the Zimmermanns do every year for Jack’s team before the season starts
- Kent totally played it cool by calling Bob “Mr. Zimm’s Dad”
- “Son, I’ll have you know that I was Zimms before Jack was Zimms.”
- Kent just calls him Mr. Z
- By some twist of fate, the Zimmermanns ended up being Kent’s billet family
- He would basically pick up all of Bob’s bad habits
- Walking around the house in his boxers
- Eating dry cereal from the box
- Feet on the coffee table
- Kent laughs at Bob’s jokes, which is a terrible development for Alicia and Jack.
- Bob taught Kent a few basic cooking tips, like how to hold a knife and how to properly chop an onion
- Bob tried to teach Kent how to juggle knives, but Alicia put a stop to that pretty quickly
- Kent still can’t cook, but he as least knows how to add pork, carrots, and celery to some top ramen to give it some “pizzazz”.
- (That’s Bob’s word. He keeps trying to make it stick, but it’s just embarrassing for everyone, especially when he does the jazz hands)
- Kent’s favorite food is Bob’s Lasagna
- Seriously, he would sell his Stanley Cup Ring for a tray of that shit
- Bob also makes the best sugar pie on the planet and this is ABSOLUTELY NOT UP FOR DEBATE
- Bob was the first person Kent came out to.
- He did it at the end of the season, the day before he was headed back to New York. He figured if things didn’t work out, he could just not come back.
- Kent seriously thought about quitting because hockey wasn’t for “people like him”.
- Bob squashed that idea pretty damn fast
and gave Kent the biggest, warmest hug he’s ever known.
- Kent cried like a baby
- “So, is there someone on the team you like?” *nudge nudge*
- Kent wouldn’t know the answer to that for another year.
- Bad Bob did NOT teach Kent how to drive. There are a couple of important reasons for this:
- Bob cannot drive. Yes, the government gave him a license, but you do not want this man behind the wheel of a 1-ton vehicle.
- Besides, he was too busy teaching Jack.
- Alicia teaches Kent how to drive, and this is why Kent can shift gears like he’s 2 Fast 2 Furious.
Kent accidentally calls him “Dad” exactly once.
- The last thing Kent heard from Bob was a voicemail saying, “This is not your fault.”
- Kent still has this saved on his phone
- Kent’s watch isn’t new. Bob sent it to him as a gift after the 2009 draft.
- Engraved on the back, it says: Your
Team is Your Family.
Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten
- (Jack has a matching watch, but he… didn’t keep it)