5:40pm just now, I went out to meet my friends for a study session, but we all got unproductive and started chatting about literally everything…. like idk what even happened, but now, two of them left and my Friend is studying with me
edit: thank you guys so much! This post is doing soooo well, better than i could ever imagine, thank you so much for rebloging liking and all that shit, thanks so much!
edit #2: omg omg 4000 notes?!?! thats incredible tysm!!!
holy shit you guys, the state of Tolkien fandom on Tumblr is… bad. it’s really bad. don’t go into the tags. I’m saving you the trouble, they’re really really really bad, just don’t.
anyway I’m trying to take better care of my mental health so I kinda want to dive back into fandom. like, four days ago I had an epiphany and started writing A Mountain Keeps An Echo again, which… it’s been like four years since I updated that thing and I’m really sorry but I’m 25 pages into a third chapter because all I’ve done lately is write about FUCKING ELVES because I can’t concentrate on anything else.
so that’s a thing. if you liked that fic, here’s your chance to stop hating me. (you’re definitely gonna hate me before it’s over and I’m not even sorry, bad shit is gonna happen)
I’m also gonna try to revive my Dragon Age blog because why have one sideblog when you can have 8,000?
anyway, you can find those at The Lonely Mountain and Thedas Mom so go follow me and make me feel good about myself and I promise I’ll start contributing to fandom again
i love kl//ance so much but the shippers are starting to become Those Shippers that refuse to acknowledge or differentiate fanon vs canon dynamics in their relationship, and are starting to majorly mischaracterize them for the sake of shipping them with a “better” dynamic, and are putting down other ships to make kl//ance look better
please if you notice yourself doing any of these things take a dang step back and breathe don’t make kl//ance That Ship that ruins shipping for people within the fandom please please don’t
It’s a band. Not only Oliver Sykes. Get it people. The other bandmates are individuals, artists who deserve to be appreciated as much as the lead singer. They are all artists who are incredibly good at what they are doing and this, my dearest followers, is my appreciation post to them, because to me, they are as awesome and as great as Oli Sykes and without them this amazing band wouldn’t exist.
So have a warm applause for BRING ME THE HORIZON:
See, this band is why we’re all here, reading this. But how much do you know about all the members?
Let’s start with the guy on the left. Looks familiar?
Matt Kean, Ladies and Gentlemen.
He’s the bassist. Born on the 2nd of June 1986 (29), from Sheffield. In the beginning he was the only Vegan in the band so his nickname was “Vegan”. His girlfriend is called Hanna Tiensuu.
The keyboarder and programmer. He is from Sheffield, born on the 26th of June 1986 (29). Before BMTH he played the keyboard in a band called “Worship”. His wife is called Emma Fish. They married in 2013.
He is the lead guitarist and has been in the band from the start. His birthday is on the 4th of June 1986 (29) and he is also from Sheffield. Without his amazing riffs we wouldn’t know the band as it is today. Oh and also, he has a super beautiful girfriend. Her name is Deni Marie McGonigle.
He’s the drummer, has been the drummer since the band started back in 2004. He started drumming when he was 16, never really got lessons and learned how to play the drums through BMTH. He was born on the 22nd of March 1986 in Sheffield, he’s also 29. His girlfriend is called Chloe Mellors.
Alright. So now that we know all the band members I hope that we do not only listen to Oli’s screams, but also to Mat’s drums, Lee’s guitar riffs, Matt’s bass and Jordan’s new sound he brought into the band. Because what these guys do is art and Oli wouldn’t probably be alive anymore if it wasn’t for his band.
Bring Me The Horizon, everyone:
And now you better all reblog because I put a lot of effort in educating you about this band. So stop swooning about how “hoooot” Oli is and enjoy their goddamn music because that’s what it is all about.
HOLY SHIT!!!!! I just got home from track practice to see this!!! This is so amazing guys!!!! Oh my god I can’t believe it, I’m squealing like a child right now lol!!!! You guys have no idea how much this just made my day (like it seriously made it 10x better!). Thank you so much oh my goodness (especially to everyone who reblogged that post when I was at 8 I seriously love you guys!).. I love you guys to bits and this is a dream come true. I’m so excited!
Okay I need to calm down… *takes deep breath*
Once again thank you guys I never thought I’d reach this, it’s honestly amazing. I will have a post up for a milestone up in a little bit! Thank you guys again! I love you al so much!! ❤️❤️❤️
Okay. I know this is really long, but this post took me 5 hours of research so please read and reblog. I only have a few followers, so please reblog it you guys. Unless otherwise stated these are active laws (though many no rational person would actually try to arrest you for)
Boogers may not be flicked into the wind.
It is legal to drive the wrong way down a one-way street if you have a lantern attached to the front of your automobile.
You may not have an ice cream cone in your back pocket at any time.
It is illegal to sell peanuts in Lee County after sundown on Wednesday.
Dominoes may not be played on Sunday.
It is illegal to wear a fake mustache that causes laughter in church.
It is considered an offense to push a live moose out of a moving airplane.
While it is legal to shoot bears, waking a sleeping bear for the purpose of taking a photograph is prohibited.
Hunting camels is prohibited.
Any misdemeanor committed while wearing a red mask is considered a felony.
There is a possible 25 years in prison for cutting down a cactus.
Donkeys cannot sleep in bathtubs.
Mohave county, Arizona,
A decree declares that anyone caught stealing soap must wash himself with it until it is all used up.
It’s strictly prohibited to pronounce “Arkansas” incorrectly
A law provides that school teachers who bob their hair will not get a raise.
Alligators may not be kept in bathtubs.
You may only throw a frisbee at the beach in Los Angeles County, CA with the lifeguard’s permission.
Animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.
Women may not drive in a house coat.
No vehicle without a driver may exceed 60 miles per hour.
21. In Arcadia, Peacocks have the right of way to cross any street, including driveways.
22. In Blythe, You are not permitted to wear cowboy boots unless you already own at least two cows.
It is illegal to ride a horse while under the influence.
24.In Alamosa, Throwing missiles at cars is illegal
25. In Aspen, catapults may not be fired at buildings.
26. In Boulder, It is illegal to permit ones llama to graze on city property.
27. Also in Boulder, Boulders may not be rolled on city property
28. In order for a pickle to officially be considered a pickle, it must bounce.
29. In Devon, It is unlawful to walk backwards after sunset.
30. In Hartford, You aren’t allowed to cross a street while walking on your hands.
It is illegal to fly over any body of water, unless one is carrying sufficient supplies of food and drink
32. In Rehoboth Beach,
Changing into or out of a bathing suit in a public restroom is prohibited.
33. Women may be fined for falling asleep under a hair dryer, as can the salon owner
34 .If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the parking fee has to be paid just as it would for a vehicle.
35. It is illegal to sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit.
36. Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal.
37. When having sex, only the missionary position is legal
38. No one may carry an ice cream cone in their back pocket if it is Sunday.
39. Donkeys may not be kept in bathtubs.
40. In Acworth, All citizens must own a rake.
41. In Athens-Clark County, If you want to read your favorite book in public to your friends, do it before 2:45 AM.
Athens-Clark County, It is illegal to make a disturbing sound at a fair
Coins are not allowed to be placed in one’s ears.
You may not fish on a camel’s back.
45. In Boise, Residents may not fish from a giraffe’s back.
46. In Pocatello, A person may not be seen in public without a smile on their face.
45. Those under 21 can drink legally, but they must be enrolled in a culinary program to do so
46. It is illegal to hang “obstructions” form the rear view mirror, including fuzzy dice, air fresheners, GPS units, etc.
47.You may be arrested for vagrancy if you do not have at least one dollar bill on your person.
48. In Chicago, Law forbids eating in a place that is on fire.
49. In Chicago, It is illegal to give a dog whiskey.
50. Chicago, It is forbidden to fish while sitting on a giraffe’s neck.
51. In Chicago, It is legal to protest naked in front of city hall as long as you are under seventeen years of age and have legal permits.
52. Hotel sheets must be exactly 99 inches long and 81 inches wide
53. It is illegal for a man to be sexually aroused in public.
54. Baths may not be taken between the months of October and March.
55. No one may catch a fish with his bare hands.
A man over the age of 18 may be arrested for statutory rape if the passenger in his car is not wearing her socks and shoes, and is under the age of 17.
57. It is against the law to pass a horse on the street.
58. A man with a mustache may never kiss a woman in public.
59. Kisses may last for no more than five minutes.
60. All boxes used to pick hops must be exactly 36 inches long.
61. In Marshalltown, Horses are forbidden to eat fire hydrants
62. In Mount Vernon, One must obtain written permission from the City Council before throwing bricks into a highway.
63. Rabbits may not be shot from motorboats.
64.The state game rule prohibits the use of mules to hunt ducks.
65. If two trains meet on the same track, neither shall proceed until the other has passed.
66. In Derby, Hitting a vending machine that stole your money is illegal.
67. In Lawrence, No one may wear a bee in their hat
68. In Topeka, No one may sing the alphabet on the streets at night.
69. One may not dye a duckling blue and offer it for sale unless more than six are for sale at once.
70. In Fort Thomas, Dogs may not molest cars
71. Persons could land in jail for up to ten years for stealing an alligator.
It is a $500 fine to instruct a pizza delivery man to deliver a pizza to your friend without them knowing.
73. It is illegal to gargle in public places.
74. It is illegal to rob a bank and then shoot at the bank teller with a water pistol.
75. Biting someone with your natural teeth is “simple assault,” while biting someone with your false teeth is “aggravated assault.
76. It is illegal to shoot lasers at police officers
77. One may not “dare” another to go onto railroad tracks owned by another.
78. Every time a person is seriously burned, he must report the injury to the fire marshal.
79. Prisoners who hurt themselves could serve an additional two years in jail.
80. You may not step out of a plane in flight.
81. After January 14th you will be charged a fine for having your Christmas decorations still up
82. In Augusta, To stroll down the street playing a violin is against the law.
83, In Wells, Advertisements may not be placed in cemeteries.
84. In South Berwick, It is illegal to park in front of Dunkin Donuts
Thistles may not grow in one’s yard.
86. In Baltimore,It’s illegal to throw bales of hay from a second-story window within the city limits.
87. In Baltimore, It’s illegal to take a lion to the movies.
88. All men must carry a rifle to church on Sunday
It is illegal to give beer to hospital patients.
90. No gorilla is allowed in the back seat of any car.
91. At a wake, mourners may eat no more than three sandwiches
92. Snoring is prohibited unless all bedroom windows are closed and securely locked.
93. An old ordinance declares goatees illegal unless you first pay a special license fee for the privilege of wearing one in public.
Persons may not be drunk on trains
It is illegal to kill a dog using a decompression chamber
96. No man may seduce and corrupt an unmarried girl, or else he risks five years in prison.
97. A woman isn’t allowed to cut her own hair without her husband’s permission.
98. A person may not cross state lines with a duck atop his head
All bathtubs must have feet.
100. It is illegal to teach others what polygamy is.
101. In Tylertown, It is unlawful to shave in the center of main street.
102. In Columbia,You can not have a antenna exposed outside of your house yet you can have a 25′ satellite dish.
103. In Kansas City, Minors are not allowed to purchase cap pistols, however they may buy shotguns freely.
104. In Natchez, It shall be unlawful to provide beer or other intoxicants to elephants
105. In St. Louis, It’s illegal to sit on the curb of any city street and drink beer from a bucket.
106. It is illegal to have a sheep in the cab of your truck without a chaperone
107. In Montana, it is illegal for married women to go fishing alone on Sundays, and illegal for unmarried women to fish alone at all.
108. In Helena, It is illegal to annoy passersby on sidewalks with a revolving water sprinkler.
109. It is illegal for bar owners to sell beer unless they are simultaneously brewing a kettle of soup.
It is illegal for a mother to give her daughter a perm without a state license.
111. If a child burps during church, his parent may be arrested.
112. It is Illegal to go whale fishing
113. It is illegal to drive a camel on the highway.
114. In Reno, It is illegal to lie down on the sidewalk.
In New Hampshire:
115. On Sundays citizens may not relieve themselves while looking up.
116. It is illegal to pick seaweed up off of the beach
117. In Claremont, In cemeteries it is illegal to: get drunk, picnic, enter at night, and enter by one’s self if that person is younger than 10
118. In White Mountain National Park, If a person is caught raking the beaches, picking up litter, hauling away trash, building a bench for the park, or many other kind things without a permit, he/she may be fined $150 for ”maintaining the national forest without a permit”.
In New Jersey:
119. It is illegal to wear a bullet-proof vest while committing a murder.
120. You cannot pump your own gas.
121. It is against the law for a man to knit during the fishing season
122. If you have been convicted of driving while intoxicated, you may never again apply for personalized license plates.
123. You may not slurp your soup.
124. Automobiles are not to pass horse drawn carriages on the street.
125. It is illegal to delay or detain a homing pigeon.
In New Mexico:
126. Idiots may not vote. Proof below
(Full text of law as proof:
CONSTITUTION OF THE STATE OF NEW MEXICO ADOPTED JANUARY 21, 1911 Article VII. Elective Franchise Section 1. [Qualifications of voters; absentee voting; school elections; registration.]Every citizen of the United States, who is over the age of twenty-one years, and has resided in New Mexico twelve months, in the county ninety days, and in the precinct in which he offers to vote thirty days, next preceding the election, except idiots, insane persons and persons convicted of a felonious or infamous crime unless restored to political rights, shall be qualified to vote at all elections for public officers. The legislature may enact laws providing for absentee voting by qualified electors. All school elections shall be held at different times from other elections.)
127. In Las Cruces, You may not carry a lunchbox down Main Street.
In New York:
128. A fine of $25 can be levied for flirting.
129. It is against the law to throw a ball at someone’s head for fun.
130. The penalty for jumping off a building is death (Isn’t that why someone would jump!!!!)
131. A person may not walk around on Sundays with an ice cream cone in his/her pocket.
132. While riding in an elevator, one must talk to no one, and fold his hands while looking toward the door.
133. Slippers are not to be worn after 10:00 PM.
134. Citizens may not greet each other by “putting one’s thumb to the nose and wiggling the fingers”.
135. In Greene, During a concert, it is illegal to eat peanuts and walk backwards on the sidewalks.
136. In Ocean City,
People may not slurp their soup.
In Ocean City, It is illegal to eat in the street in residential neighborhoods, and the only beverage you can drink on the beach is water in a clear plastic bottle.
In North Carolina.
138. Elephants may not be used to plow cotton fields.
139. If a man and a woman who aren’t married go to a hotel/motel and register themselves as married then, according to state law, they are legally married.
140. All couples staying overnight in a hotel must have a room with double beds that are at least two feet apart.
141. It’s against the law to sing off key.
142. Organizations may not hold their meetings while the members present are in costume. (BUT HALLOWEEN!)
143. Bingo games may not last over 5 hours unless it is held at a fair.
144. In Barber, Fights between cats and dogs are prohibited.
In North Dakota:
145. It is illegal to lie down and fall asleep with your shoes on.
146. Beer and pretzels can’t be served at the same time in any bar or restaurant.
147. In Fargo, One may be jailed for wearing a hat while dancing, or even for wearing a hat to a function where dancing is taking place.
148. Participating or conducting a duel is prohibited.
149. It is illegal for more than five women to live in a house.
150. Women are prohibited from wearing patent leather shoes in public.
151. It is illegal to fish for whales on Sunday.
152. It is illegal to get a fish drunk.
153. In Akron, It is illegal to display colored chickens for sale.
154. In Bay Village, It is illegal to display colored chickens for sale.
155. In Canton, If one loses their pet tiger, they must notify the authorities within one hour.
156. It is illegal for the owner of a bar to allow anyone inside to pretend to have sex with a buffalo
157. People who make “ugly faces” at dogs may be fined and/or jailed.
Cars must be tethered outside of public buildings.
159. Females are forbidden from doing their own hair without being licensed by the state.
160. Dogs must have a permit signed by the mayor in order to congregate in groups of three or more on private property
161. Oklahoma will not tolerate anyone taking a bite out of another’s hamburger.
162. No one may spit on a sidewalk.
163. It is against the law to read a comic book while operating a motor vehicle.
164. It is illegal to wear your boots to bed.
165. It is illegal to have the hind legs of farm animals in your boots.
166. Fish may not be contained in fishbowls while on a public bus
167. Tissues are not to be found in the back of one’s car.
One may not test their physical endurance while driving a car on a highway
169. It is illegal to place a container filled with human fecal matter on the side of any highway.
Babies may not be carried on the running boards of a car.
171. Drivers may not pump their own gas
A door on a car may not be left open longer than is necessary.
173. An adult may not show a minor any piece of classical artwork which depicts sexual excitement.
174. It is illegal to whisper “dirty” things in your lover’s ear during sex.
175. Ice cream may not be eaten on Sundays.
176. canned corn is not to be used as bait for fishing.
177. In Marion, You cannot eat a doughnut and walk backwards on a city street.
178. A person is not eligible to become Governor if he/she has participated in a duel.
179. Any motorist who sights a team of horses coming toward him must pull well off the road, cover his car with a blanket or canvas that blends with the countryside, and let the horses pass
It it illegal to sleep on top of a refrigerator outdoors.
181. You may not catch a fish with your hands.
A special cleaning ordinance bans housewives from hiding dirt and dust under a rug in a dwelling.
Dynamite is not to be used to catch fish.
184. You may not sing in the bathtub.
In Rhode Island:
185. Ropes may not be strung across a highway.
No one may bite off anothers leg.
Any marriage where either of the parties is an idiot or lunatic is null and void.
It is considered an offense to throw pickle juice on a trolley.
In South Carolina:
189. It is a capital offense to inadvertently kill someone while attempting suicide.
A person must be eighteen years old to play a pinball machine.
Horses may not be kept in bathtubs.
In South Dakota:
No horses are allowed into Fountain Inn unless they are wearing pants
It is illegal to lie down and fall asleep in a cheese factory.
Students may not hold hands while at school.
It is a crime to share your Netflix password in Tennessee.
It is illegal to use a lasso to catch a fish.
197. Any person who participates in a duel may not hold any public office in the state.
198. Hollow logs may not be sold.
199. It is illegal to dare a child to purchase a beer.
200. It is illegal to place tacks on a highway.
201. One must acknowledge a supreme being before being able to hold public office.
202. It is illegal to sell one’s eye
203. It is illegal to take more than three sips of beer at a time while standing.
It is illegal for one to shoot a buffalo from the second story of a hotel.
It is illegal to milk another person’s cow.
206. In Austin,
Wire cutters can not be carried in your pocket.
207. In Clarendon,
It is illegal to dust any public building with a feather duster.
208. It is a felony to persistently tread on the cracks between paving stones on the sidewalk of a state highway.
It is against the law to fish from horseback
210. It is illegal not to drink milk.
211. Birds have the right of way on all highways.
212. In Provo, Throwing snowballs will result in a $50 fine.
Women must obtain written permission from their husbands to wear false teeth.
At one time it was illegal to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole.
It is illegal to tickle women.
No animal may be hunted for on Sunday with the exception of raccoons, which may be hunted until 2:00 AM.
217. In Culpeper,
No one may wash a mule on the sidewalk.
218. In Norfolk, Spitting on a sea gull is not tolerated.
The harassing of Bigfoot, Sasquatch or other undiscovered subspecies is a felony punishable by a fine and/or imprisonment.
No person may walk about in public if he or she has the common cold.
X-rays may not be used to fit shoes.
222. When two trains come to a crossing, neither shall go until the other has passed.
223. All lollipops are banned.
224. It is illegal to paint polka dots on the American flag.
In West Virginia:
Whistling underwater is prohibited.
It is legal for a male to have sex with an animal as long as it does not exceed 40 lbs.
It is illegal to snooze on a train.
A person may not hold public office if he or she has ever participated in a duel.
If you wear a hat inside a theater, you may be fined
230. In Alderson,
One may not walk a lion, tiger or leopard, even on a leash.
State Law made it illegal to serve apple pie in public restaurants without cheese.
It is illegal to kiss on a train.
Whenever two trains meet at an intersection of said tracks, neither shall proceed until the other has.
234. One may not camp in a wagon on any public highway or risk a fine of up to ten dollars.
At one time, margarine was illegal.
It is a class A misdemeanor to wave a burning torch around in the air.
237. It is illegal to throw rocks at a railroad car.
Livestock have the right-of-way on public roads.
If one is drunk in a mine, he or she could land in jail for up to a year.
It is illegal to wear a hat that obstructs people’s view in a public theater or place of amusement.
Using a firearm to fish is strictly forbidden.
You may not take a picture of a rabbit from January to April without an official permit.
For those of you that missed yesterday’s post: I’ve started a challenge to keep the fitblr community united and motivated this summer! Reblog this and brag about the achievements and strides (big or small) that you made towards better health today.
My day: HOLY GUACAMOLE I had an amazing workout today with a powerlifting coach at my gym. I’m hoping to workout with him some more in the future! (Fingers crossed)
Ugh i hope u feel better soon and that taking a break from the grossness of this fandom helps :( ♡♡
im gonna reblog some things i am passionate about first then i’ll be gone for the night. i just…….. am really done with this shit for a while. thank you xxx that means a lot. take care of yourself too.
I don't usually post these but this is urgent and I wanna get this out here.
My girlfriend has been going through domestic abuse for five years. Her parents never help her with anything (especially with she’s low on money and it’s hard to find a job where she is) and they almost never take her seriously, especially with her mental health issues (involving her mother laughing at her when she tried telling her) I’m worried as hell about her and i really want something to be done about this. She keeps telling me she has an aunt like that lives in the us and that she’ll most likely live a better life there. However, it’s literally impossible right now because contacting her aunt will cost her money and flying to the us will cost even more money. And that’s hard, since her parents won’t do shit. I really need your guys’ help, she has commissions open (which i tried reblogging) and it would mean the world if you commissioned her. But if you can’t, for the love of god, PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD. I really want her to live off better with her aunt and have a better life style. So please, help her. Her tumblr is @seiuun , her instagram is @nekoor and her deviantart is nininkyu.