hey friend I was wondering if you could tell me about that magnus chase series? :)
hi there !!! oh my god, ok so i love magnus chase. when i first picked up the book i was a little doubtful about it but i’m so glad i gave it a chance !! after i read the first one i actually made a post detailing some of my favourite things about magnus chase that you can find here.
however if that doesn’t convince you, here some other reasons as to why you should read magnus chase:
- mango cheese, aka magnus chase, the main protagonist, is a homeless teenager who accidentally dies within in like the first fifty pages of the first book and ends up in valhalla (by mistake or odin .. who the fuck knows. sure not the people in valhalla). turns out he’s the son of frey. anyway magnus cries a lot, talks about
falafel, fights an eagle (and loses) and also chills with his smart ass sword, jack. this boy drags people left right and centre and gives zero fucks since he’s dead (like .. what could they do .. kill him again ??) he’s also probably bi or pan ??
i think we’ll get some sort of confirmation of this in the last book
- samirah al-abbas, aka sam is an arab american valkyrie and daughter of the god loki. despite being the daughter of a norse god, she is still a devout muslim and wears a hijab (which also functions as an invisibility cloak). sam is also incredibly done with everyone’s shit, occasionally turns into a lion and all around badass. do not start a fight with sam, it will end badly for you.
- blitzen and hearthstone are mango’s adopted Dads™ who looked out for him on the streets. blitz is a 20 year old dwarf (who is also poc) who is also incredibily stylish and creative. hearthstone is a light elf who dresses like he’s in an anime and is deaf and can only communicate through ASL. dude is also a kickass sorcerer, the first in a long time. both of these characters must be protected.
alex fierro aka light of my life is also a daughter of loki. she is gender fluid (but usually prefers the pronouns of she) alex, like magnus, was also homeless but it was due to her parents kicking her out bc of her gender fluidity (@uncle rick !!! thank u for talking about homeless lgbt kids !!!) alex fights using a gold garrote wire and will cut a bitch. she can also shape-shift into animals. magnus has a Big Crush™
- there are also lots of amazing side characters like the norse gods and residents of valhalla and magnus’s sword. the stories are super interesting, the characters are a+ and the representation is !! so good ?? uncle rick totally stepped up his game and i’m just honestly surprised this series isn’t more popular than it is ??
- in conclusion: please take a chance on magnus chase and his friends. they won’t let you down.