Shout out to people who haven’t seen their dads in a long time
Shout out to people who choose to cut their dads out of their lives
Shout out to anyone who had to take the place of their own father figure
You don’t have to celebrate fathers day if you don’t want to. And if you do, there are people who love you. You are all so strong and deserve a wonderful live. You aren’t a bad person for not celebrating fathers day.
Reminder: Don’t let your brain bully you, sometimes our minds are cruel to us. You deserve to live, you deserve to eat, you deserve to express your feelings. People do like you! You’re doing a pretty good job, and you are worth more than you give yourself credit for.
I propose anyone who claims a specific job doesn’t deserve a living wage doesn’t get to utilize those services anymore.
You think working fast food justifies struggling to survive?
You don’t get to eat fast food anymore.
You think cashiers and baggers don’t deserve to be able to provide for themselves and their families?
Looks like you’re using self-checkout from here on, even now that you’ll be buying a lot more groceries, since you’ll be cooking everything at home, since you can’t eat fast food anymore.
And you can count out eating at regular restaurants too, because those waiters and waitresses don’t even make the regular MINIMUM wage, and rely on tips to make up the difference, and are lucky if your cheap ass even tips the suggested amount.
Going into pretty much any clothing or beauty store and have an important question about something?
Tough shit. You’re now blocked off from communicating in any way with retail workers.
You can’t even get the things you need from the shelf - you have to dig through a special section of boxes that came straight from delivery, because the products don’t walk to the shelves themselves.
Minimum wage workers run a whole hell of a lot of the conveniences you probably count on.
If you, and others, so heavily rely on the people doing these jobs, why THE FUCK do you think they don’t deserve a living wage for doing them?
we know there’s so much deeper to a slytherin than just snarky remarks and a jab of an insult. we know there’s a million more walls to fight through before we reach the core, the shielded fire of a slytherin; their heart, burning in ferocity as they take pride in everything they do.
we know that slytherins hold their head up high, never letting their guard down because they don’t know what they’ll do if someone taunts them, letting them make a fool of themselves.
because slytherins are just as heartless as we are; doing anything for the ones they love. they play within the rules, never bending or breaking them because they promised themselves that they will do what’s right for themselves after being ridiculed, shamed and left hanging.
because being a slytherin means working your ass off to achieve what you want, the swell of pride in your stomach after seeing your plan move with perfection.
being a slytherin means to be sharp and fast on your feet, quick and speedy and ready to run, run, run. because all you ever do is hide from the monsters and pray that someone else will slay them for you. because you are still a normal human being.
but being a slytherin means shattering one of your precious rules to help out a friend, to make them happy because you are loyal and you pick your companions wisely.
because being a slytherin means being a bitch and dropping the people who are toxic in your lives, because you know you deserve better.
being a slytherin means that you are the person people go to when they’re in need of a fighter, a person who doesn’t back down from danger because you will protect them because you are fierce and you will not step away from a challenge if it’s for someone you care for.
being a slytherin means ending the relationship first or never starting it at all because you don’t want to feel weak, you don’t want to cry when everything finishes. because you’d rather feel nothing than lose everything.
because a slytherin is sharp clothing, tight jeans and a wicked smirk, but it is also a fierce longing for everyone you care for to be safe. an ambition to keep your rules straight and to abide them so your life isn’t messy and it’s organized and neat.
because being a slytherin means sacrificing your own feelings to watch your beloved be happy, careful to overstep because you don’t want to lose something you never had in the first place.
“I’ll tell you this though: to you guys, to who’s ever borrowing that title while I’m gone, to every female back there in that locker room, I promise you this…when I come back, everybody is gonna feel the freakin’ GLOW!”
(1) Hi Viria, I hope you are well :) I am sorry to bother you with this, but it's really important for me, and I wanted to share it with you. It'll be long and kinda sad at first, but it gets better, trust me. I'm a 23 y/o latina art student. When I was a baby, my mom left my dad and remarried, and my little sister was born when I was 10. She is the light of my life and I love her to no end. Our mom, however, had had and undiagnosed and untreated mental illness for years, and one day
(2) during a severe crisis she hurt us really bad. I was 12. She was taken away to a psychiatric hospital and Child Services prohibited her from ever getting near us again. Since then, I have been taking care of my little sister and practically raised her while my stepdad worked 2-3 shifts to afford our education and payment for my mom’s hospital, living and meds. He was always working and I took full responsibility for my sis. As you can imagine, even though I loved her with my life,
(3) the situation was very stressful and exhausting for me. By the time I was 15, I looked every bit a teen mom. One particularly hard night when my little sis had been crying about mom, I couldn’t sleep. So I turned to something that calmed me: the Harry Potter books. I read them online, and somehow ended up searching for HP fanart. That was the night I stumbled upon your DA account. And boy, did I love it! I know back in 2011 your skills weren’t what they are now,
(4) but I was blown away, and what’s more, I felt inspired to draw. I had never tried to make any art before; it wasn’t “my thing”. But that night, you inspired me. As time went by I kept drawing and closely followed your improvements. Your art was so relaxing, calming, and inspiring, that it really helped me during hard times. You kinda dragged me into all the cool fandoms, series and animes, and I found life to be far more bearable with so many awesome things to love and think about.
(5) Your DA and Tumblr were some sort of safe sapce for me. It always cheered me up and gave me joy, peace, inspiration. When the time came, I choose to study Art at college. It turned out you did too, and you kept up all the good stuff in your blogs. Weirdly enough, I kept feeling a sense of pride whenever you improved and got better. I was so strange that you were so so far away and didn’t even know I existed but you helped me so much.
(6) I got accepted at my country’s top University to study Fine Arts; I moved cities and took my sister with me; she grew into a wonderful, sensible, peaceful child, and her presence motivated me to be the best version of myself, while your art motivated me to keep expanding my academic/artistic abilities. Life was hard but good at college, and I had incredible opportunities. I am graduating this spring with an advanced studies specialization, and was recently hired to work at
(7) of a movie. It’s like living a dream. And tonight, just a couple hours ago, the most incredible thing happened. After dinner, my little sis came to me, phone in hand, and said “Hey Ana, you won’t believe what I found. There’s this girl who makes amazing art of all the fandoms you’re in. Her drawings are gorgeous and she has so many!”. She showed me your tumblr. I wanted to laugh and cry. She was amazed when she saw your old drawings and your current ones; speechless.
(8) She fell in love, and you know what? Immediatly after, she went to draw. She’s been doing so the past hours. I know this was offensively long, but Viria, I needed to thank you for what you did. Your art has always been SO much more than just digital drawings of fictional characters. It’s been the source of peace, safety and joy that so many of us crave. You have wonderfully impacted and influenced many people across the world with everything you make.
(9) I am so glad you exist and do what you do; you gave me the hobby that grew into my passion, thaught me so much, inspired me beyond belief and most of all, you helped make life more bearable. And now, you have made the same for my sister. Viria, the world wouldn’t be the same without you. You are truly a magnificent light among us, and for your existence and passion I’ll be forever grateful. Thank you, and may you always live the beautiful, happy, awesome life you deserve. Thank you.
I’m not even kidding I was sitting here peacefully chewing sandwich and by the end of these messages the sandwich was too salty so was my cappuccino I swear you got me to tears and now i’m just like
I’m a shaking emotional leaf but thank you so much for writing me! It means so much and i’m so touched and i just wish you and your sister all the best of luck, though it seems like you don’t really need it. Thank you, and I hope life goes wonderfully for you and your family!
Lines from Heathers: the musical that absolutely ruin me
-Now I’m crying too -Don’t stop looking in my eyes -Deep inside, I know your heart is good -You’re not alone -You are the only thing that’s right about this broken world -If you could let me in, I could be good with you -I’d fight the world for you -Your love’s too good to lose -“Let me come with. You know, for backup.” -“Veronica was just leaving.” -“I’m not strong like you are.” -“Are you okay?” “What about you?” -You know, you’re beautiful. -Let them drive us underground, I don’t care how far -I wish that I could hurt the ones who hurt you I WISH WE’D MET BEFORE THEY CONVINCED YOU LIFE WAS WAR “I don’t deserve to live” “I respectfully disagree” “I destroy everything; I’m just like my dad.” Say Hi To God :-)