How to get the most out of life
1. See each day as a fresh start and a new beginning.
2. Don’t be a copy of anybody else – enjoy discovering and being your true self.
3. Be proactive, take control and look for opportunities. You’ve only got one life so make sure you stay in control.
4. Don’t focus on the obstacles or things you cannot change. Just ask yourself “What next? or else “What can I do instead?”
5. Appreciate your limits and then set clear boundaries. You need to care for yourself to be the best “you” you can be.
6. Decide on your values and what matters most to you. Then live in a way that’s consistent with those values.
7. Don’t put life on hold as the months turn into years … and there’s always the chance that some important doors will close.
8. Set goals for yourself – then plan the steps to take you there.
9. Learn from other people that you value as role models – but ignore the naysayers and the hypercritical.
10. Let go of the past, and old hurts and grievances. Don’t be afraid to ask for help, or to see a counsellor.