Love is a state of being. Your love is not outside, it is deep within you. You can never lose it, and it cannot leave you. It is not dependent on some other body, some external form. In the stillness of your presence, you can feel your own formless and timeless reality as the unmanifested life that animates your physical form. You can then feel the same life deep within every other human and every other creature. You look beyond the veil of form and separation. This is the realization of oneness. This is love.
…Pulling this struggling little boy So he’d stay just a minute more With you. —Vickie Johnstone, “Mother,” Travelling Light - Poetry
He watches her walk away, her step jaunty, her hair bouncing with every stride. His mind teems with all the words his mouth cannot utter.
“Mama, I had a daughter. Yes, you have a granddaughter. Her name is Iris. And when she smiles…Oh, when she smiles, sometimes I see you in the way her nose wrinkles.”
He wants to curl into a ball in her lap, the way he did when he was a boy. A ball so small that the world won’t see him. Rittenhouse won’t see him.
Does she still smell faintly of cloves, the way he remembers? Her hands—he wants to hold them in his—hold them in blazing sunlight, to check whether they are still stained with ink and pencil as they used to be.
He wants. He wants…
But these are whimsical thoughts, and in Garcia Flynn’s world now, there is no room for whimsy. It’s a cold world. A dark world. A world he cannot share with anyone, least of all his mother.
“Mama, come back,” he cries. “Mama, they took her from me. Took them. Help me, Mama. Help me.”
Okay everyone listen up. This past year (meaning 2016 going into 2017), NBC seemed to have a good batch of new TV shows that have gained critical acclaim (This Is Us, I’m looking at you). But one that seemed to fly under the radar was the show Timeless. It was created by Eric Kripke, who is also known for creating the show of Supernatural which is on the CW, and Shawn Ryan.
Now just a gist of what it’s about. It’s about a man who steals a time machine to go back into critical points of United States and early North American history to try and take out this organization called Rittenhouse, which seems to play a major role in basically every turning point of the historical timeline. The government takes over control of the industry who made the time machine and gets a trio of people to go back in time to stop the man.
It seems that time machines and time travel seem to be an up and coming theme in media (Doctor Who reboot, Legends of Tomorrow to name two). But this one I found stood out in ways that deserve the recognition it’s due.
As all of you who watch this show know it’s on the bubble for renewed or cancelled and we all know renewal depends entirely on the good will of networks. We can’t just sit back and wait for NBC to renew it when the fans don’t do anything to help. Yes, I know we all talk about it, I know we tweet about it on Monday nights, but we can do better.
So in face of this new letter Eric Kripke posted, I decided to make this post and gather help. Last episode had HUGE drop from episode 10 and this is due to so many people thinking the season ended with the Winter finale. It wasn’t a normal drop from one episode to another, it was significant. I adore this show, it’s my favorite show right now and I’d be heartbroken to see it go.
1) Let’s try to make it trend next Monday. There’s a LOT of tweets during episodes, so why we never trend? Last Monday there was over 20k tweets, we can do better. Add #Timeless and #RenewTimeless to ALL your tweets. Try to post as often as you can during the episode and after. Tweet @NBCTimeless, @NBC and @Sony to let them know how you feel.
2) Tell your friends! Tell your family! Tell everyone you know to watch it. Make your own promotion. We all know the rating system SUCKS and only people with the Nielsen box counts, so lets make this show reach them! Even if you’re from outside the USA you still have friends from there, be it on twitter, facebook or here on tumblr. Get people to watch! We are the best marketing any show can have.
3) FOR THE LOVE OF GOD let people know season 1 ISN’T OVER. I have seen so many questions of when season 2 would start that I knew this episode would have a drop in ratings. Even people who watched the episode thought it was season 2! So let’s do what we can to let them know.
4) If you follow me and don’t watch the show, please give it a chance. It’s educational, it’s fun, it’s silly, it has so much diversity and so much respect for this diversity that it’d be a shame to see such a show off the air. YOU WILL NEVER SEE SO MUCH DIVERSITY DONE RIGHT IN ONE SHOW AGAIN. It’s something that you can watch with your family, that you can watch with your significant other, it’s a show you can watch with your kids, or jut watch alone and freak out over ships, over complex bad guys, over badass women that save Delta Force soldiers, over black guys defying historic racism, over intelligent girls that are treated as intelligent, about people driven by love for the ones they lost, it’s a show that in the end of the day is all about family.
5) PLEASE PLEASE WATCH TIMELESS!! If you can watch it live, please do it! If you can’t, DVR it, don’t leave it up to on demand, record it and watch it as many times as you can. These next 5 weeks are CRITICAL for the future of the show and we need to do something before it’s too late!