Something sweet with robert please?? Something about dadsona whittling robert a small figurine maybe?? Xx
this is so cute?? ahh okay like
first off the thought in general is adorable bc you’re making something for robert w the skill he taught you, and whittling is hard so the hard work you put into it would be obvious and while he wouldn’t like break down into tears upon you giving it to him, he’d smile and even without words you can tell how grateful he is
robert would make some comment of like, how you’ve gotten better at whittling and without warning he takes your hand and looks at it n he can see all the little nicks and cuts you’ve gotten from practicing and when he sees it he’d look up and smile again before just holding your hand
he’d say something about planning to keep the figurine somewhere nice and you’re so happy he likes it
late for dinner late again lAte for dinner late again LATE FOR DINNER late again LATE FOR DINNER LATE LATE LATE LATE laTE FOR DINNER LATE AGAIN LATE FOR DINNER LATE AGAIN LATE FOR DINNER LATE AGAIN LATE FOR DINNER LATE LATE LATE LATE-Whizzers supposed to always be here….mAking dinner set to sCREW that’s what pretty bois should do…check their hairlines….make the dinner and looOOVVEE MEEEEE this is going nowhere and fast /Whizzer/ this little thing that we have will not last! don’t feel responsible after all is through (I’m not responsible!) life can be wonderful ISNT THIS WONDERFUL!!?!?? and this had better come to a STOP /Whizzer/ NOW whizzer CIAO whizzer BENNNND-this has better come to an END-I was supposed to make the dinner :((( make it pretty ONNN his plate, every wife should pull her weight….have it ready, make it tasty and loooOOOVVEE HIMMM this had better come to a STOP /Doctor/ this has been a TRAGIC AND HORRIBLE FLOP (don’t feel responsible after all its through!) who is responsible?!?! don’t ask me questions I’m frIGHTENED of questions but grateful that it’s come to a STOP Trina smile Trina I’ll help you mennnnd I met this man today, he wasn’t very smart but he was rICH MARVIN whICH MARVIN DO YOU PREFER I LUST FOR BRAINS OR MONEYYYYY (brainsssss I’m not so riiiiichhh) BRAINS OR MONEY (but hell im smaaarrrtt) love me (no) love me please….or break my hearrtttt (this is all very neat) this is all very neat (this is all very smaaaart) this is all very neat this is all very smart and this had better come to a STOP, MENDEL don’t touch me!! don’t condescenddddd this had better come, this had better come to a this this THIS THIS THIS HAD BETTER COME TO AN ENNNNND this had better come to an end………chopchopchopchop I chopped it I served his food the aSSHOLE forced me (chop chop chop chop chop chop chop chop) AND STILL THE B A S T A R D DIVORCED ME (CHOPCHOPCHOPCHOPCHOPCHOPCHOPCHOP) LATE FOR DINNER LATE AGAIN (it isn’t like he says) LATE FOR DINNER LATE AGAIN (you probably hurt his pride) LATE FOR DINNER LATE AGAIN (he’s got to have it all) LATE FOR DINNER LATE AGAIN (he’s like a baby who’s deniiiiIIIIEEDDD) this had better come to a STOP maaarrvin this has been a lousy but FABULOUS flop, (WHY IS IT ALWAYS OURSELVES WHO HAVE TO CHANGE) (this is incredibly boring) you’ve got a temper that redefines temper and this had better come to a STOP maarvinn WHY Marvin TRY Marvin BENNNND this had better come this had better come to a THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS HAD BETTER COME TO AN ENNNND (this had better come to an ennnnd) THIS HAD BETTER COME TO AN ENNNNNNNNNDDDDD
I love this positivity hour! Cause I have been pretty self-conscious lately. I don't really compare myself to other girls. I usually say to myself that my crush won't find me even remotely attractive. I have such a big crush on Hiddleston and Seb Stan. I always say to myself there's no way they would find me a black, short, chubby, girl sexy or cute. I also have one of those faces that always look mad. So can I get a selfie to make me feel better -grateful anon
You are beautiful, short, black and chubby and beautiful. Will everyone be attracted to you? Nah, but there will be a lot of people who will be and that’s okay. You’re great and you need to work on not putting yourself down, try saying things that are more positive sometimes that helps to bolster your self-confidence but most importantly your worth is not defined by how many people are physically attracted to you :)
Anyway have a selfie of me hugging my local castle because I miss the place when I go back to university. Castle failed to hug back, but lack of arms is a problem.
I hope you like 80’s music and old school rap because these are probably genres Sal would flock to during some karaoke! He would definitely pick a song he knows and if you knew it, that would be even better. He would be very passionate about his singing. He would smile at you and pretend to be singing just for you. He may even try to dance around, getting very involved in the music. One song probably wouldn’t be enough and you two could go on and sing plenty more songs together. Afterwards, he would compliment you on your singing and be very grateful for you coming and spending time with him!
Hey hi resources for clicker training? Went through the clicker training tag couldn't find much. I've been looking online, haven't found too much, and you are Educated™. Also, hope you feel better :) Your blog makes me really happy and I'm so grateful that I found it because clicker training looks like it's gonna be real useful for my new horse, Caspian. He's young, 4, and kinda dumb about things but he's smart and won't do things if he doesn't care so positive reinforcement seems best ya know?
My default references for +r training are Eileen and Dogs blog, Alexandra Kurland, Shawna Karrasch, Kikopup/Emily Larlham, Karen Pryor, and Peggy Hogan. If you look them all up and start reading and watching videos you’ll get a good idea of where to start. Btw establishing good manners with protected contact is probably where you should start, then target training. That’s clicker training horses 101. I have tagged/resources, tagged/mugging, and tagged/targeting and there should be help in there as well.
personal shit, if u don't care keep scrolling. ain't no read more button bih
I’ve wanted to get my boobs done for so long like ever since I’ve had them I just wanted them to look different … I’m finally getting a breast reduction on the 31st and I just want to express somehow, that I am so fucking grateful that I have the means to do this. I know plastic surgery is controversial sometimes and because I’m young and my boobs aren’t “that” big I’ve honestly gotten a lot of shit for this like “big tits are better” “you’re gonna regret it” “why would you do that?” SO FUCK THE HATERS bc if y'all knew what I go through every fucking day you’d get it bitch
I lost 40lbs and changed my life and now I love myself hella but I cannot change my breasts through a healthy lifestyle. It’s hard to accept that, especially after you work so hard to love yourself and you realize it can only take you so far… so I’m finally taking control of my body I guess. this is the ONLY thing about myself that I absolutely fucking hate. Like it affects the way I talk, dress, walk, and even my mood will go from great to “fuck this shit I wanna die” if I catch a glimpse of my chest in a mirror or window reflection
Idk sometimes I just have something on my mind like this, and it bothers me until I can get it out. I am so unbelievably thankful for the support of my family and friends tho like y'all riding for me 100% god bless
if you think someone looks pretty or extra nice today, tell them. some times, some people need a little bit of confidence boost or some cheering up to continue going on with their days!
there is no harm in saying no if you believe that the situation is becoming too uncomfortable. you are not obliged to say yes! and you have the right to only do things that you believe is safe for your mental health and well being.
stop interchanging sorry and thank you. instead of apologizing to someone for being late, say thank you for their patience to wait for you! there is a thin line between being grateful and feeling sorry and once you’ve learned how it works, you will become a better communicator and a better person in general.
always make an effort to be kinder in everything that you do! kindness is a choice and living your life in a much kinder way will make you feel more content. of course being kind does not necessarily only mean being kind to other people, it also means being kind to yourself.
instead of focusing on the whole picture itself, try to appreciate the tiny beautiful details about your everyday life. see how the sky changes its colors every now and then? appreciate it. observe how your streets are copper-colored because of fallen leaves. inhale the blossoms of your spring garden.
If you are young and lost - things I’ve learned so far in college:
1. Do not go looking for validation of your beauty or self-worth from a boy. If you do not already believe in your own worthiness, it can only be dangerous to try to find it from someone else.
2. No one is going to look at you and see all the flaws that are constantly running through your head.
3. Don’t ever regret trying. For once, don’t be the fearful one. Someone needs to be the fearless one. Let it be you.
4. Always be as confident as you are on your good days.
5. Remind yourself that you do have good days. When a good day happens, be grateful and don’t forget it.
6. Forming relationships with people will help you grow and learn. No matter what kind of relationships or how they come to be or end.
7. You are better than you used to be, and you should be proud of yourself.
8. Talking about it with a friend will make you feel better.
9. You are important. You can’t let yourself forget that. You’ve suffered for too long doubting that you were important.
10. There are things that make you love life. When the weather is nice, when someone tells you that you are good at something, when you choose to socialize, when you get a good grade, when you try a new food, when you discover a new song.
11. Compliment people. It will make them happy, and it will also make you happy.
12. Nobody is perfect. Everyone has their insecurities. Fake it till you make it. Fake that you have confidence until you actually do have confidence.
13. Don’t be disappointed if someone doesn’t like you like you were hoping. There are/will be people who do like you a tremendous amount.
14. Don’t be so focused on appearances, but do have the confidence that you are not ugly.
15. There’s no point in comparing yourself to another girl, especially if you don’t know her.
16. Don’t take your friends for granted.
17. Don’t regret staying up late with friends, even if you have school or work the next morning. These nights make college memorable.
18. The less you eat processed foods, the happier you will be. Buy natural foods and cook them yourself.
19. There are people who love you, so why is it that hard for you to love yourself?
20. Always make eye contact and watch your body language.
21. Picking at your skin when you’re stressed about something else is a stress reliever at the moment but you will ALWAYS regret it right after.
22. Don’t let other people ruin your favorite songs.
23. There’s nothing wrong with enjoying meaningless sex. But be prepared for the nights you find yourself feeling unfulfilled and wondering if you don’t deserve more.
24. Sometimes in life you have to hurt someone. But always put yourself first above any boy.
andymientus: 1 year down, Arden. It’s pretty on brand that we’re apart today because we are both making art- your art is the one thing you love more than me (well, maybe art and Papa Johns) and that is my absolute favorite thing about you. The way you see the world has changed the way I see the world. Your bravery to create, to take charge, to attempt the impossible is my bravery. I wouldn’t be opening this show tonight if not for your example. That’s so much better than a corny gift and a rich dinner. It’s not something every couple would understand, but it’s something we have always understood from day one, and even when things are hardest, that’s how I know this is it. Happy Anniversary xo
michaelarden: One year ago today I married my best friend and artistic partner. We don’t have a typical marriage in any sense and I am so grateful and proud of that fact. You inspire me and make me work, think and care harder than I ever imagined I could. I don’t know why you put up with me, my moods and my insanity. But God, am I lucky. And better. Because of you.
I got the admission today!! I’ll be a engineering student this fall! I got accepted to master of science in computer science! So happy!!
And hey, thank you so much for 1k followers!! I’m so grateful ❤️ I bet the 5 following years will be a lot better having the studyblr community to lean on 😍. This has been a great day! I’m so thankful 💕📚🥂
A while ago… a longgg while ago… I had a list of these and I thought I’d try and make the list more expansive. Qualifiers/Intensifiers are adverbs used to indicate the degree of something (e.g. very, quite, pretty, extremely).
Here are 60 of them. This list is by no means exhaustive (when I had to grab some examples from Duden online, it shows you the section for synonyms and there are easily 150+) but I mean it’ll stand you in good stead.
1. absolut (downright/utterly/absolutely) Ex: Du hast absolut keine Ahnung. Tr: You have utterly no idea.
2. ausgesprochen (downright/markedly) Ex: Eine ausgesprochen malerische Landschaft. Tr: A downright picturesque landscape.
3. außergewöhnlich (exceptionally/abnormally) Ex: zu außergewöhnlich hohen Preisen. Tr: At exceptionally high prices.
4. außerordentlich (exceedingly/remarkably) Ex: Das Essen war außerordentlich lecker. Tr: The food was remarkably delicious.
5. äußerst (most/extremely/utterly) Ex: Die Lage ist äußerst angespannt. Tr: This situation is most tense.
6. bedeutend (significantly) Ex: Die Donau ist bedeutend länger als der Rhein. Tr: The Donau is significantly longer than the Rhein. Note: This is mainly used with the comparative.
7. beileibe [nicht] (by no means/in no way) Ex: Meine Freundin ist beleibe kein Supermodel. Tr: My girlfriend is by no means a supermodel.
8. beinahe (almost/nearly) Ex: Er wäre beinahe mit dem Auto zusammengestoßen. Tr: He nearly collided with the car.
9. bei weitem (by far) Ex: Er ist bei weitem der Beste in der Klasse Tr: He is by far the best in the class. Note: This is mainly used with the comparative or superlative.
10. bemerkenswert (strikingly/remarkably) Ex: eine bemerkenswert schöne Kollektion. Tr: A strikingly beautiful collection.
11. besonders (especially/particularly) Ex: Das hast du aber besonders gut gemacht! Tr: But there you did particularly well!
12. beträchtlich (considerably) Ex: Die Zugspitze ist beträchtlich höher als die anderen Gipfel in den bayrischen Alpen. Tr: The Zugspite is considerably higher than the other summits in the Bavarian Alps. Note: This is mainly used with the comparative.
13. denkbar (possible) Ex: Sie hat den denkbar schlechtesten Eindruck gemacht. Tr: She has made the worst possible impression. Note: This is mainly used with the superlative.
14. durchaus (absolutely/definitely) Ex: Ich bin durchaus nicht dieser Meinung. Tr: I am definitely not of that opinion.
15. echt (really/truely) Ex: Das ist echt beschissen. Tr: That’s really shitty/That really sucks. Note: echt is colloquial.
16. ein bisschen (a bit) Ex: Ich bin ein bisschen sauer. Tr: I’m a bit angry.
17. einigermaßen (to an extent) Ex: Er hat sich wieder einigermaßen erholt. Tr: He rested again, to an extent. Note: colloquially this can mean ‘very’.
18. enorm (enormously/tremendously) Ex: Die Preise sind enorm gestiegen. Tr: The prices went up tremendously. Note: enorm is a bit colloquial.
19. entschieden (decidedly) Ex: Er hat entschieden schlechter gespielt als vor einem Jahr. Tr: He played decidedly worse than a year ago. Note: This is mainly used with the comparative.
20. entsetzlich (horrendously/appallingly/terribly) Ex: Es war entsetzlich kalt. Tr: It was horrendously cold. Note: According to Duden, this when used as an intensifier is also colloquial.
21. etwas (some[what]/a bit of… it’s hard to define on its own) Ex: Nehmen Sie etwas Salz und streuen Sie es über den Fleck. Tr: Take a bit of salt and scatter it over the stain.
22. extrem (extremely/particularly) Ex: Das ist ein extrem starker Kaffee. Tr: That’s an extremely strong coffee. Note: extrem is a bit colloquial.
23. fast (almost/nearly/virtually) Ex: Der Bau ist fast fertig! Tr: The construction is almost done!
24. ganz (completely/quite) Ex: Sie ist ganz verrückt nach Schokolade. Tr: She’s completely crazy for chocolate.
25. ganz und gar (utterly/completely… it’s.. more 'completely’ than ganz) Ex: Ihren Vorschlag können Sie ganz und gar vergessen. Tr: You can completely forget about your proposal.
26. genug (enough) Ex: Der Schrank ist groß genug. Tr: The cupboard is big enough.
27. geradezu (virtually/almost/really) Ex: Das ist ja geradezu fantastisch! Tr: That’s really fantastic!
28. gottserbärmlich (dreadfully/god-awfully) Ex: Es war gottserbärmlich kalt. Tr: It was dreadfully cold. Note: I am given to believe this is also colloquial.
29. höchst (most/extremely) Ex: Ich war höchst überrascht, dass die Wahl so augegangen ist. Tr: I was most surprised that the vote ended like that.
30. irre (mind-blowingly/insanely) Ex: Das ist jetzt irre wichtig für mich! Tr: That’s insanely important for me at the moment! Note: irre is colloquial in this sense.
31. irrsinnig (insanely) Ex: Sie freute sich irrsinnig. Tr: She was insanely happy. Note: irrsinnig is colloquial in this sense.
32. kaum (hardly) Ex: Er kann kaum lesen! Tr: He can hardly read!
34. lange/längst (not nearly) Ex: Dieses Buch ist [noch] lange/längst nicht so gut wie sein Letztes. Tr: This book is not nearly as good as his last book. Note: If you use lange, it’s normally preceeded by noch.
35. mäßig (relatively/reasonably) Ex: Ein mäßig großer Raum. Tr: A relatively big room.
36. nahezu (virtually) Ex: Eine nahezu optimale Lösung des Problems. Tr: A virtually optimal solution to the problem.
37. recht (really) Ex: Er arbeitet recht gut! Tr: He works really well!
38. relativ (relatively) Ex: Zehn Euro beim Einkaufen sind relativ wenig. Tr: 10 Euros for shopping is relatively little.
39. sehr (very) Ex: Ich kaufte ein sehr altes Haus. Tr: I bought a very old house.
40. total (totally/absolutely) Ex: Nach dem achtstündigen Marsch war ich total erschöpft. Tr: After the 8-hour long march I was totally exhausted.
41. überaus (extremely/exceedingly) Ex: Meine Frau ist überaus erfolgreich. Tr: My wifeis extremely successful.
42. unermesslich (immeasurably) Ex: Das ist unermesslich traurig. Tr: That’s immeasurably distressing.
43. ungeheuer (enormously/tremendously) Ex: Adriana Altaras ist ungeheuer witzig. Tr: Adriana Altaras ist tremendously funny.
44. ungemein (extraordinarily) Ex: Ich freue mich ungemein, dass du da bist. Tr: I’m extraordinarly happy that you’re here.
45. ungewöhnlich (abnormally/exceptionally) Ex: Sie ist ungewöhnlich vielseitig. Tr: She’s exceptionally versatile.
46. unglaublich (unbelievably) Ex: Der Urlaub war unglaublich schnell vorbei. Tr: The holiday flew by unbelievably quickly.
47. unheimlich (uncannily/incredibly) Ex: Etwas ist unheimlich groß. Tr: Something is incredibly big. Note: When used in this way, unheimlich is colloquial.
48. verdammt (depends on the context, e.g. 'bloody’) Ex: Heike ist verdammt glücklich über ihren Freund. Tr: Heike is bloody happy about her friend. Note: verdammt is colloquial and I know that 'bloody’ sounds very British.
49. verhältnismäßig (comparatively/relatively) Ex: Eine verhältnismäßig hohe Besucherzahl. Tr: A comparatively high number of visitors.
50. viel (much) Ex: Diese Schule ist viel größer als meine. Tr: This school is much bigger than mine. Note: This is mainly used with the comparative.
51. vollauf (fully/completely) Ex: Ich war vollauf damit beschäftigt. Tr: I was fully occupied with it.
52. völlig (fully/completely) Ex: Ich bin mit dir völlig einverstanden. Tr: I agree with you completely.
53. vollkommen (fully/completely) Ex: Ich bin auch vollkommen deiner Meinung. Tr: I am also entirely in agreement with you.
54. weit (far) Ex: Der Wagen ist weit schneller, als ich dachte. Tr: The car is far quicker than I thought Note: This is normally used with the comparative.
55. weitaus (by far) Ex: Isabella ist weitaus reifer, als man ihrem Alter nach schließen dürfte. Tr: Isabella is by far more mature than one may expect of her age. Note: This is normally used with the comparative or superlative.
56. wenig (little) Ex: Dieser Schriftsteller ist wenig bekannt. Tr: This author is little known.
57. wesentlich (substantially) Ex: Er hat heute wesentlich besser gespielt. Tr: He played substantially better today. Note: This is normally used with the comparative.
58. ziemlich (quite) Ex: Der Regen ist ziemlich stark. Tr: The rain is quite heavy.
59. zu (too) Ex: Wein ist mir zu ungesund. Tr: Wine is too unhealthy for me.
60. zutiefst (deeply) Ex: Ich bin dir zutiefst dankbar für deine Freundlichkeit. Tr: I am deeply grateful to you for your kindness.
All examples taken from Duden, Wiktionary or Linguee. The translations in some places are rough approximations (it’s not super-easy to give 1-1 translations for them all as in English we might say extraordinarily in one context, but exceptionally in another).