Legit. As someone who's been playing for over 10 years, Surumar is easily one of the best written quest areas I've ever played in. Like, I really don't know what else to say?? I keep retyping this message, trying to accurately describe how much I love Surumar and I CAN'T??? Like it's easily a prime example of WoW dev at it's finest.
Have you ever been bored on a Tuesday evening just sitting around and thinking to yourself, “Boy, I sure wish I had a shit ton of random MBTI-related charts, statistics, and surveys to look at”? SAY NO MORE, FAM. I have compiled here for you today the world’s finest assortment of completely useless MBTI-related data, all for your viewing (and procrastinating) pleasure. Enjoy!
I had an absolute BLAST with this game last time, and a lot of you wanted the chance to play, so I BROUGHT Storytime Madlibs back for a second round! Three more fill-in-the-blank stories that I’ve asked you all to help fill in, and this time, you never know WHO will pop in to help out! This is teamwork storytelling at its finest haha XD, hope you enjoy!!
How To Avoid Drinking Your Paint Water And Other Art Tips
See the coke up there? it’s in totally the wrong place. KEEP YOUR BEVERAGE AT 4 O’CLOCK. or 5, if you’re a leftie. Keep your paint water on your table in front of you, and your beverage off to the side so that you have to physically turn around to get at it. You will teach your brain that Drink Is Over There, Not On The Desk; your coffee will last longer that way, AND YOU WILL AVOID SPILLING IT ALL OVER YOUR WORK.
if you DO spill your drink, cover the page and call it “Organically Dyed Paper” it ain’t coming out, run with it.
Instead of 7-hour continuous playlist, listen to albums so you’re stopping every 40 minutes or so to change the music THEN STRETCH YOU FOOLS.
Alternate caffeinated beverages with non-caffeinated. your hands WILL start to shake if you keep mainlining coffee like that.
get this freaking pencil sharpener. yes, that’s a lot for a sharpener, but this SOB will work forever, won’t eat pencils, and gets you the finest points possible. this has been stress-tested by scientific illustrators and I promise we are the pissisest possible people when it comes to pencil points. Mine it literally 6 years old now. it’s great. (Yeah, yeah, it’s missing from the pic. Have a backup in case of forgetfulness.)
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ART IN POOR LIGHT. this means both too little AND too much. You eyes, brain and spine will all thank you. This mean making sure you’ve got direct, full-spectrum light indoors (it’ll make laptops and winter easier too, I promise) and wearing sunglasses outdoors.
FUCK PRISMACOLOR PENCILS. The pigment’s good but the binder is brittle and breaks, and the wood is frequently warped. literally 1 in 5 of the last prismacolor pencils I’ve had were totally unusable. Faber-Castel is comparable in price/sometimes cheaper and had very high quality.
like, not shitting on cheap art supplies, because god knows I use them all the time, but pirsmacolors are EXPENSIVE and having the lead snap for the 7369205790235969th time will give you a goddamn stroke.
Remember to Eat maybe????
about every 2-3 hours, get up, leave the room, and do something else for at least 20 minutes. Do the dishes maybe. Gives your eyes and shoulders a break, lets your brain re-set and you’ll be able to see things that Need Fixing when you get back.
FOR FUCKS SAKE, USE REFERENCES. All the greats did, you’ll stress less, and things will look so much better. Just google image the sucker.
srsly eat something. even some cheetos. pls.
ok kids it’s 3AM i’ll think of more in the morning. take care of yourselves.
Let’s hear it for the bees! (Let’s give the bees a ha-aa-aa-aaand!)
Spring is (supposedly) on its way, so we want to send a little love and appreciation to all the bees out there, making our everyday possible. Join us in celebrating these 8 reasons to celebrate our tiny, but mighty friends.
1. Bees make our surroundings beeee-autiful. In addition to pollinating our crops, bees are responsible for pollinating all of the things that make spring sing. And they’re no novices - they’ve been producing honey from flowering trees (fruit trees, nut trees, and bee-yond) for 10-20 million years! From the TED-Ed Lesson The case of the vanishing honeybees - Emma Bryce
2. Bees are social insects. Honey bees live together in large, well-organized family groups and engage in a variety of complex tasks not practiced by solitary insects. Communication, complex nest construction, environmental control, defense, and division of the labor are just some of the behaviors that honey bees have developed to exist successfully in social colonies. And they are not the least bit lazy: one single bee colony can pollinate 300 million flowers each day. From the TED-Ed Lesson The case of the vanishing honeybees - Emma Bryce
3. Bees are above words. They communicate through ‘dance’ and pheromones. By performing what’s referred to as the ‘waggle dance’, bees can share information about the direction and distance to patches of flowers yielding nectar and pollen, to water sources, or to new nest-site locations. From the TED-Ed Lesson Why do honeybees love hexagons? - Zack Patterson and Andy Peterson
4. Bees make great wingmen. Bees are very busy little matchmakers. The bees’ side of the whole “birds and the bees” business is to help plants find mates and reproduce. Today, around 170,000 plant species receive pollination services from more than 200,000 pollinator species, a good many of which are bees! In return, flowering plants are an abundant and diverse food source for pollinators. For instance, fossil records suggest that bees may have evolved from wasps that gave up hunting after they acquired a taste for nectar. From the TED-Ed Lesson How bees help plants have sex - Fernanda S. Valdovinos
5.Bees put food on our tables. Bees pollinate our crops on an industrial scale, generating over one-third of U.S. food production. Their work alone has contributed an estimated $15-20 billion of value to the U.S. agricultural business. From the TED-Ed Lesson The case of the vanishing honeybees - Emma Bryce
6. Bees can totally pack up a car better than you. Honeybees are some of nature’s finest mathematicians. Not only can they calculate angles and comprehend the roundness of the earth, these smart insects build and live in one of the most mathematically efficient architectural designs around: the beehive. Charles Darwin himself wrote that the honeycomb is a masterpiece of engineering. It is “absolutely perfect in economizing labor and wax.” From the TED-Ed Lesson Why do honeybees love hexagons? - Zack Patterson and Andy Peterson
7. Bees are hooked on coffee, too. When bees pollinate coffee plants, they consume low doses of caffeine from the coffee flower nectar, which means that bees are **BUZZZZZING** from a caffeine high just like us, AND helping us to get our coffee fix on the daily! From the TED-Ed Lesson The case of the vanishing honeybees - Emma Bryce
8. Honeybees are disappearing at astonishing rates. Not to be a **buzzkill**, but here’s a not-so-fun fact. In the past decade, the U.S. honeybee population has been decreasing at an alarming and unprecedented rate. Bee mortality rates in commercial production have more than doubled in the last decade, and in 2015, 40% of bee colonies were reported lost in just a single year. There are a variety of factors causing Colony Collapse Disorder, and scientists everywhere are working to prevent further loss of bees. Keep reading to see how you can help. From the TED-Ed Lesson The case of the vanishing honeybees - Emma Bryce
adele may be talented in her own right and she may have given up the award but that doesn’t change the fact that the voting in and of itself was racism at its finest. you cannot objectively tell me that lemonade didn’t deserve that grammy. beyonce coveredevery possible genre in one album with a comprehensive film alongside it — which was not only a musical achievement unto itself but a profound racial, social, and personal commentary on top of that — and it’s just like. damn. once again, black people must literally gotta fuckin change the world before we get acknowledged over a white person doing the bare minimum, huh.
▹ pairing: Jeongguk x reader ▹ words: 18,102I’m so sorry ▹ genre: smut, fluff, light angst, friends to lovers
You and Jeongguk propose at restaurants to get free food, but somewhere along the way you start to fall for him.
You never thought Jeongguk would actually take you up on the whole fake proposals thing. When you had suggested the idea to him, he’d just laughed and said “yeah”, then continued playing Fallout 4. You hadn’t actually meant it; the idea was one of those you vaguely imagine it happening, but not really, which is why when he brought it up weeks later suggesting you try it out, you thought he was kidding.
He wasn’t, and this is
how you end up in one of the city’s nicer restaurants on a fake date with your
We had fun right? I mean I laughed every day with, or at you and I know you did the same. We would spend our days apart but messages from you made me feel less alone.
You kept it light hearted, almost as if you knew that I needed the break from my own thoughts. Our ending wasn’t your finest hour, although maybe it was who you were but I was having such a good time that I let myself suppress caution.
You are a possessive person, I know this now. But what I should have told you from the start is that I was never yours to possess.
Sometimes I miss the conversations we used to have. Sometimes I miss how you only knew me on the surface, how I didn’t have to explain why you don’t have to worry about me.
Cutting contact from you was hard, because you had become a constant. But it was the right thing to do, before it was taken to a place where I couldn’t look back on our time together and smile despite the ending.
To a former flame, I am not sorry that we burnt out. Although, sometimes I wish I had of watched us burn a little longer.
Seriously, PLEASE support this show, don’t take it for granted. Season 1 is on netflix and season 2 starts in a few weeks on Syfy. There isn’t anything else like this on tv. The creator, cast, and fandom are all the best.