your leg pressed against mine
a thlaise au ; essentially a messy train of thought because i’m struggling with maths so word dump it is.
this is dedicated to everyone who has blessed me with their thlaise, you know who u are 💓 , you’re all the bestest ily.
- the first domino that falls is the bash of a cheek against drunken lips in the dark of the corridor
- the next morning, they write it off as an anomaly, both pretending to have forgotten the feverish way blaise had then pressed theodore against the wall, the warmth of theodore’s breath against the shell of blaise’s ear
- and the soft slow slide of lips as theodore curled up and up into blaise as if he was trying to ingrain himself in blaise’s soul. he was already there but he didn’t know that.
- and so the second domino teetered and toppled.
- a mistake, a mistake, a mistake
- the thought throbbed deep and heavy in theodore’s head when he woke up hungover with the unmistakeable indent of blaise in his sheets, on his skin
- he meets blaise’s eye when he enters the kitchen and he knows that he can’t let “whatever this is” happen if he wants to keep blaise.
- he wants to keep the blaise who runs his hand soothingly through theo’s hair when he’s ill and asleep (or at least, whilst he thinks theodore is asleep)
- the blaise who returns theodore’s books to the library when he forgets
- the blaise who slumps down next to him on the sofa and passes him a mug of lemon and honey tea with his slight crooked smile.
- but what he doesn’t know is that keeping that blaise is not a choice he gets to make.
- they can’t go back, not now that blaise knows what his lips taste like, not when blaise has realised he’s been in love with his best friend for longer than he’s been aware.
- and so the rest of the dominoes begin to fall.