When you’re a kid learning about all the greats like Leonardo or Newton and they tell you about their character flaws like yeah this guy was major depressive and just didn’t give two shits about deadlines and it really fucked him over and yeah this other dude was a major social reject he lived in near absolute solitude and probably died a virgin and as you continue to learn about all of these old great famous trailblazers the more you learn they were really fucked up people just struggling in some major way and you just sit there and think man if I had all that talent do you know what I’d do? Why couldn’t these old fucksticks get it together for a minute they could have taken over the world but then you get older and you just realize. Oh. This. This is what it feels like to have all the talent at your fingertips and a brilliant mind but you just can’t. You just can’t. And so you don’t. And suddenly you realize those old fucksticks were kind of awesome and their flaws made sense and it gives a small pinprick of hope so you begin to wonder what you could accomplish if you could. Just. Get. Your. shit. together
I like the weight of you on your good days and I like the heart of you on your worst
I love you even though you’re not whole
Even though you’re not perfect and you’re full of flaws and frayed edges made up to hurt and cut like skin on broken glass
And we walk around and i spend my time wondering how it is that people can be so full and yet so empty at the same time
And why you are the most of anything I’ve ever had the beauty of experiencing before in my entire life
Staying true to yourself is not about staying the same. It’s not about making a goal to be the exact individual whom you were since day one. Staying true means expressing what you think, feel, and value; regardless of when in your life it arises. You may not be the exact same person who you used to be, however that’s completely natural. You have simply grown and deepened your self image since then.
My country is celebrating 100 years of independence this year and we are also achieving marriage equality on the 1st of March. I can’t think of a better way to celebrate our achievements as a nation than celebrating equality and human rights. Congratulations, Finland, may there be many more victories such as this and may your freedom last a thousand years!
(yes, the Finnish flag appears backwards because she’s waving it around)
Regardless of what anyone else thinks; you are your own self. Your body was born to turn out a specific way, naturally, and you must allow it to do its own thing. There is no ‘perfect’ body. There is only a body, which is beautiful in its own right. You only have the one that you’re currently living in, remember that. Try to respect it and take care of it, for its amazing and is your sacred temple! It doesn’t matter what others think; your health is FAR more important than getting satisfaction from others.
Don’t ever let anyone talk down to you. In return, avoid talking down to anyone else. We are all created equal; of equal importance, of equal value, and with the utmost unique qualities that make us each who we are.
Hi Ann, look at what you’ve done. Thank you for the pain.
1. “I used Corruption because I trusted you”. All this scene is sort of heartbreaking. Chuuya trusts Dazai so much it physically pains me. He hasn’t used Corruption in FOUR YEARS, and then Dazai comes and says “let’s do it like the old times” / “yes, why not, I’ll just put my life in your hands like I did countless of times despite the fact that you betrayed me and I haven’t heard from you in FOUR FRIGGING YEARS and I could literally die in front of your eyes”. WHO DOES THAT????????? Chuuya Nakahara, apparently. That being said, I can’t believe my favorite skk moment is also the moment that makes me raging THE MOST. Of course I’m still outrageously bitter because Dazai literally called him partner, folded his clothes (yes, I’m bringing back the vintage receipts here), washed his face from the blood and then…left him there??? WHAT THE FUCK DAZAI???
2. When they pull the power couple aesthetic. When they actually work together as a team, they are mesmerizing to watch. You can see that the roots of their partnership are still there, that they know each other so much that sometimes they don’t even need words to communicate. They are not Soukoku for nothing, after all.
3. When Chuuya fake killed Dazai (aka, Soukoku in a nutshell). Ah this is such a powerful moment, the cherry on top of a scene where Dazai did everything he could to push Chuuya on the verge of murder, just to see him almost doing it. I can’t help but think how liberating this gesture must have been for Chuuya, he finally let out a little bit of his frustration (that’s why he was there in the first place. After four years he’s still bugged by him, he still wants some sort of revenge, he still needs a closure Dazai is not willing to give him). But that’s it. You can say you’ll kill him all you want, my little Chuuya, but will you really? I don’t think so, because you care and love him so much it’s almost painful to watch. And if you, Dazai, could stop toying with him every chance you get, I’d really appreciate it. Thank you very much.
4. Every time Dazai reminds Chuuya that he knows everything about him. Tell us more about those moves and those thrusts Dazai, we’re all ears.
5. DORKS. First of all, I want Dazai saying “CHUUUYAAAAAA” as the sound people hear passing next to my grave. Second. I feel so robbed because in the manga Dazai actually laugh his ass off at Chuuya’s “little rich girl” impression.
- bonus: all the official art involving them is a blessing sent from the gods, I think that Bones ships them as much as we do if not more (remember the park date one? HONESTLY). But there’s one that has has a special place in my heart:
LISTEN. L I S T E N. I could talk about this art literally for two days straight because ??? You can try to convince me all you want, but this is made to be somehow romantic. Look at the way Dazai is tilting his chin up, it looks like he’s waiting for a kiss. And Chuuya is looking in our direction but if he was to look down he’ll be right above Dazai’s lips and ???? WHAT THE FUCK??? Not to mention what’s probably the most fucked up thing here that is THE FLOWERS. It’s a Camellia Japonica, or Japanese Quince, and they are the symbol of love, temptation, passion and deep desire. That’s it y’all. I’m out. I don’t even know what to say anymore. Soukoku might not be canon, but sure as hell they are baiting it…a lot.
I have an idea for the next Disney movie. It’s about a young Chinese princess who falls in love with an enchanted talking suit of armor. Are all of the supporting characters talking cats and a tiny, sassy panda? Why yes, yes they are. Do the talking cats have multiple musical numbers? Um…duh. Is the villain a dark sorcerer who uses his wicked alchemic arts to disguise himself as a tall, handsome prince to trick the young princess into thinking she might really be in love with him, even though he’s actually a two-foot-tall blond gremlin? Seems likely. In the end, does the princess find a way to break the spell and turn the armor back into a real boy? Well, it is a Disney movie.
You’ll become financially stable. You’ll get that work done. You’ll finish that work for class. You’ll get that degree. You’ll get over your ex. You’ll find the right one. Everything in due time, just be patient.