- Always keep sweats, comfy shoes, makeup wipes, condoms, gum, a phone charger, a hair brush, and taxi fare in your purse/car.
- Wipe front to back
- Don’t use body washes or scrubs when cleaning your downstairs area. A little water goes a long way. Make sure to wash all around the vulva and gently get around your clitoris. USING YOUR FINGERS TO WASH IS BEST. Your vagina and vulva have natural bacteria and oils that are disrupted if you use soaps and sprays/ if you wash too harshly or excessively. They are delicate little things.
- SOAPS ALSO CAUSE VAGINAL DRYNESS
- DO NOT USE DOUCHES ever ever ever!!!
- Always pee after sex to prevent UTIs
- Coconut oil can be used for just about anything: shaving cream, moisturizer, lip balm, deep conditioner, cooking, insect repellent, makeup remover.. the list goes on. Get unrefined virgin coconut oil and you’ll smell and feel great. A little goes a long way so don’t over do it.
- EXFOLIATE at least once a week. You can buy an exfoliator at any drug store but I like to make my own but DO NOT use on your lady bits.
***1/2c coffee grinds, 2-3tbsp coconut oil, sea salt
***1 1/4c white sugar, 1/2c olive oil, 3tbsp lemon juice (good for legs, DON’T USE ON FACE OR VAGINA)
- DON’T EVER use sugar on, in, or around your vagina and try to avoid using brown sugar or hard scrubs on your face
- You can experiment a lot with your bath water and different things you can put in it. I just found some really great recipes for detox baths:
***1c ground up oatmeal, 1c epsom salts, 2tbsp lavender buds.. Mix all the ingredients and add 2-3 spoonfuls to your bath water
***1c epsom salts, ½ baking soda, 10 drops of essential oils
***1-2c milk, ½ pure honey
***Add 6-10 green tea bags to your bath water
- Essential oils in a bath are great…. Just some examples and benefits: Lavender is calming, Grapefruit is energizing, Peppermint helps with fatigue, Chamomile and Rosemary help with headaches and are also calming.
- YONI OIL by Goddess Body is amazing. It helps restore the balance of your yoni aka vagina and it is also antibacterial!!! Be careful if you’re buying from a different brand because different brands have different mixtures and some aren’t very good for you.
- THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!!! Oils and oil based products break down the material in condoms which causes breaks or tears!!!!! If you plan on gettin some please do not put oils around your vagina for your own safety!!!!!!
- Face masks are great for skin health and relaxation. Some of my favourite recipes are:
***1 banana and 1tbsp honey
***1tbsp honey and 1/2tsp each of cinnamon and nutmeg (doubles as a sweetener for Chai tea)
- Shave downward or diagonally when shaving your bikini line. USE MENS’ RAZORS. Pat dry with a cold face cloth immediately after shaving to close pores and use a non-scented lotion to prevent irritation and razor bumps.
- If you have crusty ass feet exfoliate them in the bath, pat dry then use Burt’s Bees Coconut Foot Cream and put on socks right after. If they’re really bad, put this cream on before bed and sleep with socks on. This is especially good during cold weather.
- Make sure to moisturize every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- When washing your hair; shampoo your roots and condition your tips.
- Don’t go to bed with you hair wet. Rub coconut oil into your scalp and brush it out before bed, wash in the morning.
- Massage your scalp with aloe vera for at least 30 seconds before you go to bed/ before you wash your hair to promote hair growth.
- The more you touch and pick at acne the more oily your face will get.
- Dilute 1tsp of apple cider vinegar in 1c of water for a natural facial toner.
- Try to reduce your sugar intake to prevent acne and yeast infections.
- Cranberry juice works better than pineapple juice. Drink lots of this and AT LEAST 2L of water a day to keep your body healthy.
- Green/ Black tea, fruits, veggies, yogurt, and WATER all support good vaginal health and just overall body health.
- KALE IS A GOD SEND. It tastes better than spinach and you can put it in a smoothie, mix it in with your salad, bake and season it for kale chips, or just eat it as is. It’s extremely high in iron which is good if you’re anemic and get light-headed/dizzy during your time of the month.
- Eating healthy promotes good mental health as well as physical health so keep your brain healthy too!!
If you’re needing a day to yourself, run a bath and add 1 cup of apple cider vinegar. Get a face cloth and wash yourself all over just with the bath water, especially your bizness. Apple Cider vinegar helps to restore your pH balance to keep you fresh and clean. Shave with coconut oil, exfoliate, then shave again to get all the dead skin off your legs. Scrub the dead skin off your feet and knees and elbows. Empty and rinse the tub and fill it back up with some oils or bath mixes of your choosing. Make yourself a tea or have some water near the tub. Put on a face mask and play some music or read a book or watch a show on Netflix and relax until the water is warm. Drain the water and rinse off quickly with cool water to get all the toxins and oils off your body. As soon as you get out, pat dry and lotion yourself, put on socks or slippers to keep your feet clean and then get into comfy clothes. Wear cotton underwear if you have them because they help get air to your bizzness.