How you can participate in the challenge:
- Post your photo of the daily pose on tumblr and tag it with #yogislovedad. We will be tracking the tag and liking/commenting/reblogging them.
(Optional) You can also tag us: #yogipeach and #fatgirlgetsfitatlast in your posts too
- In each of your posts, include a note about something you love about your dad or any great dad you know, or tell us what YOU love about BEING a dad! Share some personal stories about your dad, reminisces about your childhood, perhaps some of his ‘words of wisdom’, or tell us about any special dad you know!
- (Optional) You can even post a photo of your dad along with some or all of your poses as we build our cores and improve our balance, two things that all dads need!
Remember to have fun, breathe, and enjoy your time on the mat. Never force your body into any pose if you do not feel ready. Discomfort is fine, but NEVER PAIN. These poses are beginner to intermediate, but you should always feel free to modify any pose to match what your body is feeling on any given day. Remember to enjoy it! We are not trying to do yoga perfectly, we are simply trying to improve our minds and bodies. Yoga is a PRACTICE, never perfection.
You can click on any of the poses for a link to a video tutorial on the pose. If you still have questions, feel free to message us and we’ll be happy to help.
We hope that you enjoy this month’s challenge and our celebration of DAD! We’re so excited to practice with you. We can’t wait to see all of your posts!
- Mountain pose
- Hand to Knee Pose
- Hands and Knees Balance
- Boat Pose with variations
- Awkward Pose with Variations
- Airplane Pose
- Intense Side Stretch
- Side plank pose
- Trikonasana pose
- Tree pose
- Knee to nose plank
- One Legged Downward Dog
- Warrior I
- Warrior II
- Warrior III (Virabhadrasana III)
- Humble Warrior (Baddha Virabhadrasana)
- Big Toe Pose (Padangusthasana)
- Reverse Triangle Pose (each side)
- Half Moon (Ardha Chandrasana)
- Reverse Plank
- Standing Split
- Goddess (Utkata Konasana)
- Dancer (both sides)
- Standing head to knee pose
- Eagle Pose (both sides)
- Intense Side Stretch
- Superman Pose
- Wild Thing
- Corpse (Savasana)
Don’t forget to tag your posts with #yogislovedad