Baddha Konasana, aka Bound Angle Pose, is a relaxing stretch that opens the thighs, groin and knees. Traditional texts claim that it reduces fatigue and destroys all disease. This is pose is always a wonderful way to begin to wind down a rigorous class as these yogis here are doing.
• the weathers warming up but a few days ago the wind kept knocking out the power and yesterday morning there were big fluffy snowflakes • I refashioned some old clothes into a cropped tank and two strapless tops and reweaved leggings I made almost four years ago
• I did a salt sweep, cleaned and cleansed my bedroom and made a new essential oil combination for my diffuser
• I brought a table out from storage to use as a desk / working altar
• I’ve sorted more things to donate
• I sat for a super lovely meditation and doubled my usual time
• I practiced yoga while the sun was setting and watched the colours change through my window
The earlier you get up, the more time you have in your day to get everything done, which, like yoga lessens stress levels. So, join me Thursday morning at 6:30am @sanghayogashala to watch the sunrise as you open your body and mind to the infinite possibilities of the day ahead. See you there!
The snow may be beautiful, but trudging around in it with the added freezing temperatures makes your body tight and feel out of whack. So join me this weekend in Williamsburg or Greenpoint to realign, let go of workweek stress and perhaps burn some extra calories in advance of the upcoming Valentines’s Day chocolate onslaught. Times and studios listed below.
Sat 11am - @sanghayogashala
Sat 4:30pm - @lucentyoga
Sun 5pm - @sanghayogashala