Even if you’re not a fan of yoga, this flexibility meditation will help you connect with your inner magick and siren, and can be performed for anything from 10 to 30 minutes depending on how much time you have.
Before you begin, gather the required items and roll out your yoga mat or beach towel.
💧arrange your crystals in a grid or pattern at the head of your mat or towel, with the shells on either side.
💧hold your Wand in your dominant hand, and your seaweed or feather in the other.
💧tune your mind into the sea and mysticism.
1) with your wand and feather start at Position one on the guide. Use Diagram 1: Cleansing to guide your arm motions. Sweep your arms up and out, visualizing negative energy leaving your body.
2) move on to Positions 2 and 3, stretching out your back and legs. As you roll back up, lift your Wand and feather in swooping motions directing your energy. Once upright, roll out your shoulders to the front and back. If you’re familiar with ballet, you can incorporate a short Port de Bras.
3) sit in the frog position with your feet on your mat, as shown in Position 4 on the guide, with your feet pressed together. Stretch your inner legs by pushing your knees down to the ground. At this point you may place your feather and Wand at the front of your crystal grid.
4) extend your legs forward and point and flex your feet. Bend over and try to put your head onto your knees. Then scissor them out so they make a wide V shape. Keep your back straight. Take your shells and place them at every foot. Refer to Diagram 2: Protection and take your Wand and feather again. Leaning over as far as you can in that semi side split position, point them at your first shell, then the crystals, and then the other using the line motion on the diagram. Repeat a few times both ways.
5) place your Wand and feather down and take a shell in each hand, and roll out your shoulders once more. Then place them at the head of your mat again.
6) move into Position 5 and stretch out your stomach and back in the cat/cow pose a few times. Then slide back into position 6, child’s pose.
7) move through Positions 7 and 8. If you want you could also bend your legs so your feet are towards your head. In Position 9, sit for a minute and then grab your favorite crystal. then lie flat on your back and place the crystal on your forehead. Lift your legs into the air (you may bend them) and rotate them clockwise and anti clockwise a few times.
8) put your legs down and relax feeling the crystal on your forehead soothe you.
9) come back up into guide Postion 1 once more and repeat step 1.
You should now feel realigned, cleansed and calm as the ocean ⚓️
Yoga has saved my life in so many ways. I hope to write about this in detail someday. Many people think that you have to go through the poses in order to ultimately attain a certain level of physical perfection; they become exquisite technicians of the asanas and adept at artful and subtle control and manipulation of the somatic realm. This is admirable because it requires great discipline, yet it can be very intimidating to some. For me, though, the practice of Yoga is about showing up-no matter what state your physical body is in-no matter how stiff, out of shape, sad, disappointed, emotional or tired you may be, and just being there for yourself to accept and honor where you are at this point in time, with awareness and reverence to your authentic and personal journey. All of this will change, shift, grow, progress, expand, contract, expand again, and when we can allow ourselves to be on the journey without judging our progress-and allow ourselves to just show up without preconceived notions of what we need to “achieve” in our practice for results-we embrace yoga in its truest essence. The union - the yoga - becomes the medicine we can use to integrate into the present moment to honor, respect and learn more about our essential nature. By doing that, we learn to love ourselves wherever we are at in our progress. By showing up and having the courage to do so regardless of whatever state of mind, soul or body we may be in, we not only learn to love and heal ourselves, but we grow the capacity to learn to truly love others. Blessed journey everyone💗💗💗
If you’re like me, you start working out and after a month – or when you go on vacation, or get super busy – you lose your motivation. You stop working out. And then, in about three to four months, you start the cycle all over and it’s like you’ve never worked out a day in your life. Frustrating, right?
Well, luckily, if you’re still like me, you do ~witchy things~, there are some things you can do to help keep that motivation going. Oh yeah, magic is awesome. Now that I’ve said that, let me clarify: this spell isn’t going to “work like magic”. You’re not suddenly going to become a super fit gym and/or yoga rat. You’ll still have to work for it. But, with this spell, your desire to quit will be replaced with invigoration!
(There’s also the added bonus of this being a very practical fitness mat cleaner… two birds, one stone.)
Sandalwood Essential Oil
Begin with rain water. Ensure that is filtered. It doesn’t need to be drinking quality, but as this is a cleaner, it certainly shouldn’t be dirty either. Add one to two small spoonfuls of coconut oil. Pop in the microwave for 30 seconds, stirring halfway through. Then add 0.5mL (about 12 drops) of sandalwood essential oil. Stir clockwise. As always, remind yourself of your intent. Performing this spell post-workout would be great since you’ll be in the workout mindset already.
Once complete, pour mixture into a spray bottle.
^ That’s mine. I would actually recommend a glass spray bottle, but plastic works too! Glass will just help it stay fresh longer (and its better for the environment).
Then, spray the shit out of your fitness mat. And by that, I mean give it a few generous little squirts. Then, take a damp towel and lightly scrub your mat. Let it dry (and this is important because coconut oil is slippery, so if you don’t get some of it rubbed in with the cloth, you could hurt yourself by slipping).
While it’s drying, you might choose to take a seated meditation pose on the mat. Or, if you’re in a rush, no worries. Just continue on with your day and come to your mat tomorrow! The important thing is to return to the mat, even for a couple of minutes, within the next 12 to 24 hours from its cleaning. This will solidify the spell.
Once the spell is complete, relax. Enjoy!
Associates, Substitutions, and Tips: here, rain water is used as the primary carrier for the ingredients. It’s not doing a lot of magic on its own but plays a supporting role for the other ingredients. As such, it can be subbed for any other sort of water. The coconut oil serves as an antibacterial to clean the mat and has the associations of strength or willpower. You can sub this for another nut oil (such as sunflower or grapeseed) or for witch hazel oil. I would not recommend using olive, vegetable, or canola oil. Sandalwood is an invigorating and protective oil, but it can be substituted with any essential oil that makes you feel strong and motivated. Only use this spell when your mat is in need of cleaning.