hey everyone, i’d just like to remind you guys that the month of may is officially asian american and pacific islander month, and it’s finally here!
here are 10 ways you can celebrate!!
1. reblog asian and pacific islander people’s art and creations!
2. make posts celebrating or bringing awareness to historical or current events that happened/are happening in your native asian/pacific islander country.
3. post selfies and break the western perception that “asian” means only east asians. you south/southeast asians and pacific islanders are beautiful too!!
4. appreciate the asian/pacific islander singers/actors/band members/athletes in the entertainment and sports industries by watching/listening to their stuff!! it’s important to support asians and pacific isanders in media, so why not use this time to give them some extra love?
5. raise awareness for asian/pacific islander history in your country, especially if you live in a western country. don’t forget the difficulties they faced.
6. take time to learn about and raise awareness for the numerous problems in asian and pacific island countries. our news is so westerncentric nowadays, so use this opportunity to talk about problems in asia that are usually ignored.
7. learn about other asian/pacific islander cultures!! education and appreciation goes a lot further than appropriation.
8. donate to charities helping people in poverty in asian countries.
9. love yourself and others! you come from a culturally, historically, and ethnically rich place. you’re special.
10. tell others about asian and pacific islander month. there’s a lot of people who don’t know that this month is ours! get them involved too.
happy asian and pacific islander month, everyone!! :^)
i found a text post around tumblr where this guy's roommate came home really drunk and designed an airplane (with all the drawings and calculations and shit) while intoxicated and didn't remember it the next day could u imagine that with cf victor and yuuri tho lmfao
“Okay, okay, look,” Yuuri slurs, lying on Victor’s chest with a notepad held above his head and a pen resting between his fingers. “Look,” he repeats, as though Victor isn’t looking. “See?”
“See what?” Victor asks, brushing Yuuri’s hair back out of his eyes. It’s not particularly comfortable, lying like this, but he’s not about to complain. Yuuri is adorable when he’s drunk.
He had been playing some game with Phichit for a few hours, and then he’d come back to their dorm room like this. Immediately, he’d collapsed on top of Victor and started babbling incessantly about a genius breakthrough he’d had. Now, he’s designing an airplane, and is very adamant that Victor pay attention to whatever it is he’s doing. “Look! Look!” he’s insisting.
“I’m looking,” Victor promises.
“See the, um, what’s that part called? The wing! See how the wing is shaped? Like that? That helps,” he informs him, but his serious tone is betrayed by his occasional hiccup. “Listen,” he repeats.
Victor can’t help but laugh, now. “I am listening, Yuuri. I’m listening and looking. I promise.”
“Now if we just… The air resistance…” He starts scribbling formulas.
In an attempt to get him to forget about his airplane, Victor runs his foot up the bottom of Yuuri’s sweatpants, drifts it across his ankle. Yuuri doesn’t even seem to notice. “So you’re designing an airplane?” he asks, because if you can’t beat them, join them.
Yuuri shifts on top of him–it’s incredibly distracting. “Mmm,” he agrees. A second later, he thrusts his drawing in front of him, admiring it. “Done.”
As if an afterthought, he adds a few more numbers with little arrows pointing to pieces of the plane. Then, he puts the paper down on the bed and turns onto his side, his entire weight still resting on Victor. Victor wraps his arms around him, keeps their legs tangled together. “Goodnight, Yuuri.”
“You’re so nice, Vitya,” he mumbles against Victor’s chest. “So nice. Love you.”
“Love you too.”
“Who wrote this?” Yuuri asks the following morning, holding up his airplane design. Then, he pauses, and slowly but surely brings the paper closer to his eyes. “This design is actually intuitive.”
“You made it last night,” Victor reminds him. “You don’t remember?”
“I made this?”
“You’re even smarter than me when you’re drunk,” he teases, gripping Yuuri’s hips with his hands and looking at the paper over his shoulder. “Except, there is a drool stain on my shirt.”
Yuuri turns in his arms and then cringes when he sees the prominent stain on Victor’s chest. Then, though, he seems to identify his mischievous smile and nudges his shoulder instead of being embarrassed. “Well, you’re a good pillow.”
“I like being your pillow. Can I major in that? Yuuri Katsuki’s pillow. Whenever you want to design airplanes while drunk again, just let me know. Or if you want to do something else while lying on top of me…” He pauses, lets the meaning behind his words settle in. “Let me know.”
“I’m up for doing something else while lying on top of you.”
Victor perks up. “You are?”
“Like playing games on my phone, reading a book, talking to Makkachin…”
“I’m kidding.” He takes his hand and squeezes it, then leads him to the bed. “Really though, that design wasn’t bad. Remind me to show it to Phichit later.”
Me: yo Prince lotor is such a cool and interesting character I’m so excited to see more of him!
Ya’ll: OML THATS GLORIFYING AN ABUSIVE CHARACTER JUST BECAUSE HES ATTRACTIVE OH MY GOD YOU HAVE TO HATE HIM CAUSE HES EVILLL OTHERWISE YOURE A BAD PERSON!!!! YOU CANT EXCUSE EVIL JUST CAUSE HES ATTRACTIVE!!!
Me: Prince Lotor is fucking hot and he can choke me with his evil fucking hands
“ that’s just a bandage; i need my iced coffee now. “ mckenzie says as she rolls her eyes to the bartender who stared at her temples. just as she turned around, everyone was looking at her due to her voice that was quite louder than she expected it to be. “seriously, no one ever saw a girl with a bandage before ? “