• jily get paired up to raise one of those lil fake babies (and of course there are more boys to girls in the class and remus and sirius get paired up (and their baby probably ends up dead or dying by the time eight weeks are over))
• james and lily who aren’t really friends but are far from enemies. they kind of just exist, with small acknowledgements of each other but nothing much
• james hangs out with the rest of the marauders and lily sticks to mary and marlene and frank and alice although the latter two seem to be gone most of the time
• so they’re in health class one day and the teacher assigns them as partners and james is pretty happy (i mean I would be too if i were working with lily evans for an entire eight weeks)
• turns out that there are uneven numbers in the class and remus and sirius end up being paired up (their baby dies within a week because sirius leaves it on top of the urinal and forgets it)
• they decide that lily has it during the day and james has it at night, and they swap every week
• james and lily spend a lot of time together because of the baby (there’s a lot of midnight phone calls, mostly because they’re both v spiteful and in a ‘if I’m not getting a good night’s sleep, I will make sure that you’re not either even if we only live two doors down from each other’ kind of mindset)
• so there’s lots of afternoons in the dog park where they do their homework with the baby (which james christened ‘elvendork’ after james realised that the baby had no genitals.
• “you can’t just say that the baby is a girl or a boy, so to be safe lets name it elevndork because its a highly commendable name and also–unisex
• (the only thing the baby really had were unnervingly green eyes))
• “kind of like you, evans”
• they they go the the dog park with elvendork straight after school a lot and they’re in uniform and they get more than one dirty look from a member of the public who doesn’t realise that the baby isn’t real
• they’re kind of relaxed about it, james goes to lily’s house and they kind of just toss the baby at each other while eating and chatting
• james insists that he show lily that he is very capable of doing push ups with elvendork on his back. shirtless, of course
• lily just rolls her eyes
• they don’t go to james’s house (despite mrs potter doting on james, lily, and elvendork) because sirius lives with james and like hell they’re going to let sirius in a house with two of these things, like ffs who let him have one in the first place
• remus doesn’t really care for his baby either. he’s kind of ‘eh’ about the whole situation and he ends up rigging it so that it screams whenever elvendork comes within two metres of it (james is not impressed)
• (there’s probably one point in which james and lily almost kiss but elvendork starts crying and ruins the mood) (they don’t talk about this certain moment again)
• eventually eight weeks is up and they hand in their baby and get a surprisingly good mark
• remus and sirius hand theirs in but remus has fiddled with it again so all it does is swear in german
• james realises that he likes lily and catches up with her before the day ends
• “hey evans, even though elvendork is gone I thought that you might want to go to the dog park after school to do some homework?”
Okay, so this episode among everything else we learned that Carlos doesn’t know anything about botany. YET in First Date Carlos suggests that they study a tree together.
SO IT HIT ME
Carlos really doesn’t know anything about botany. He was walking through the park with Cecil and, in a moment of panic, suggested that they study a tree because he’s an anti-social dork who has no idea what to do on a date.
AND THEN CECIL ACCEPTED
So I just have this mental image of Carlos waving his cell phone around a tree while Cecil is stroking his cheek and he’s thinking “I can’t believe this is working holy shit”.
So because I am a crazy person and still want to recreate all of Journal #3 some day, I have been working on and off since October to try and discover the “order of pages” in Journal #3. I feel like, at least with the pages we’ve been given, I’m coming pretty close to a proposed glossary of sorts to the pages in relation to one another.
BIG NOTE: Of all the consistencies seen in Gravity Falls, the order of the journal pages is by far not one of those things. They switch places all the time, pages skip past one another, and sometimes codes even change. The reason for this is simple; spoilers and figuring out how to avoid them. If we knew pages that weren’t revealed for another season and a half, we’d be spoiled for later stories. However, as the show progresses, a basic pattern starts to emerge. This is what I’ve gathered so far though keep in mind because of the above, a lot of it is just conjecture and many of my orders are taken from the newest episodes.
First Half of Journal #3: Mostly shown in the first ep, this seems to be a rough outline of the beginning of Journal #3.
1-2. Property of ___/Vol 3 3-4. Intro Pages 5-6. Floating Eyeballs 7-8. Gnomes 9-10. Cursed Objects 11-12. Zombies 13-14. Spells/Raising Dead 15-16. Basement Code; Various symbols
After this point things get a lot more hazy, and I’m not sure the exact placement because the pages have been stand-alone or haven’t been seen relative to other pages. However, I think there may be a running theme of order. It is:
NW Conspiracy + Map Stomach-Faced Duck Leprecorn Barf Fairy Squash with Human Face and Emotions Bill Cipher Ghosts Category 1 ghosts […] Category 9 ghosts Category 10 Ghosts Haunted Paintings and Image-Based Spectres Photocopied Portal Pages Code page seen in NWHS
Middle of Book to Last Pages: This is the last part of the book, and everything seen after the Portal “Maze” page. Remember a lot of pages in the book are “blank”.
Portal Maze Page (center of the book) Island Head/Glass Shard Beach Reference Society of the Blind Eye Shape-Shifter Stasis for Shapeshifter Portal Testing/Fuel Gauge page Gremloblin (finished gremloblin sentence)/ Hide Behind “Hiding Spot?” Security Room Height-Altering Crystals Truth-Telling Teeth TRUST NO ONE! Invisible Ink (”last” page) Dipper’s Page (?) BLANK PAGES.
Barf Fairy Marrying Woodpeckers Cave behind gravity falls Other ghost categories Percepshrooms (won’t consider it canon unless it’s seen again in the show)
Again, this is a ROUGH ESTIMATE though I am fairly certain of the order on about 80% of the book. A few pages still haven’t been shown, but I think a good majority of the interior of Journal #3 has been seen at this point in the show. As new pages emerge, I will add and rearrange pages as necessary.