@adoringjensen and I were chatting the other day, as we do, and we realized how much we wanted to bring this net back, add some new members, make some new friends, and cry over jensen/dean some more!! So I dusted off Ye Olde Spreadsheete and here’s what’s what.
6. How many stories are you subscribed to? How many do you have bookmarked?
Subbed to nine stories, 76 bookmarks, 15 user subs.
7. Which AU do you find yourself writing the most?
Modern AU. I seem to drabble in canon if I’m in a mood.
8. How many people are subscribed and bookmarked to you in total? (you can view this on the stats page)
User subs is 126. Story subs 315. Bookmarks 699.
9. Is there something you’d like to write about but are afraid of people judging you for it? (Feeling brave? If so, share it!)
Hahaha oh god. Probably. But I can’t think of anything definite right now.
10. Is there anything you would like to be better at? Writing certain scenes or genres, replying to comments, updating better, etc.
Updating better, god yes. I used to be much quicker to update but life and, honestly, Tumblr got in the way. For this reason, I’m planning on writing my current work in it’s entirety before posting ANY of it.
11. Do you write rarepairs or popular ships more often?
I would say popular as Eruri is, in my mind, popular.
12. How many stories have you posted on AO3 to this day (finished and unfinished)?
40 works so far.
13. How many stories do you have saved in/with your writing program?
Three. My current, Thirst, and the start of a whiny drabble/one shot which may or may not ever be finished.
14. Do you write down story ideas, or just keep them in your head?
A lot happens in my head when I daydream at work (monotonous tasks give me a chance to live Eruri in my head). But the important parts get noted down. In fact, this just reminded me to make a note about a watch, thank you!
15. Have you ever co-authored a story?
Yes! Its fun but also the pressure of not fucking up someone else’s story is immense.
16. How did you discover AO3?
Google search results.
17. Do you consider yourself to be a popular or famous author in your fandom(s) on AO3?
18. Do you have a nickname or fandom name for your readers?
I don’t think so, no.
19. Was there an author who inspired or encouraged you to write?
Yes to both.
20. What writing advice would you give to a beginning author?
This is for fun! Have fun!
21. Do you plot out your stories, or do you just figure it out as you go?
Usually I have a vague plot line and then I follow it slightly, meander off into tangents and find myself 15 chapters deep with not much happening. Which is why this next one is planned and has an expansive narrative in the background which I’m following more strictly.
22. Have you ever gotten a bad comment on a story? If so, what did you do?
Yes! It was over two years ago and in the midst of some really bizarre ‘comment war’ which I had nothing to do with but somehow got dragged into it. I still believe the whole thing was perpetuated by one person. But that’s besides the point haha! I just laughed and carried on.
23. Is there a certain type of scene that you have a hard time writing? (action, smut, etc..)
Action. Getting people’s limbs and weapons in the right place without having an actual visual representation is tricky for me. You don’t want to break up the flow and tension with too much descriptive.
24. What story(s) are you working on now?
My new one. On chapter three so far. Hopefully it will be meaty and an interesting read.
25. Do you plan your next project(s) before you finish your current ongoing story(s)?
Always. Which can be a problem in terms of concentration.
26. Do you have a daily writing goal set for yourself?
Nope. I do it when I can and when I want to. I’m trying to not beat myself up about productivity.
27. Do you think you’ve improved as a writer since you first started?
Yes, I learn so much all the time.
28. What is your favorite story that you’ve written?
I tend to like what I just wrote until the next one pops up, so it changes I guess. I did enjoy writing a reincarnation AU last August 2016, 1960’s mods and rockers, Brighton beach. I liked the research for that one.
29. What is your least favorite story that you’ve written?
Probably all of them to some extent. My style has changed a fair bit this year so to look back is both painful and uplifting.
30. Where do you see yourself (as a writer) in 5 years?
Posting less, but spending more time planning and mapping out fics. I’ll save the impulsive ideas for one shots and drabbles.
31. What is the easiest thing about writing?
Im not sure if this is the right kind of answer, but having a creative outlet is incredibly soothing for my mind.
32. What is the hardest thing about writing?
Finding time. And the terrible self doubt.
33. Why do you write?
To get the damn story out of my head. To get shit off my chest. To share it. And for fun :)
me @ bighit : yes bighit, it’s me.. again. We both know that blue lenses exist and if Taehyung happen to have it tonight, god bless u.
Another thing, if ONE member has the coconut hairstyle I’m gonna sue y'all. My boys need justice, we’re not playin fucking games here.
Ah! I almost forgot! Put That Iconic earring on Seokjin god will thank u later trust me.
And pls call billboard bc I want 7 individuals cameras following each steps of the boys and 1 for the whole group and even if with these they can’t witness seokjin’s flying kiss they better cancel the show, and their lives.