Yuuri didn’t actually mess up at the Sochi GPF theory
Okay so I was rewatching episode one when I noticed something from the news articles about the Free Skate failure:
The word “today” really did stick out at me here. As you know, both programmes would not be on the same day, so with the way this article is phrased, it sounds like he at least did okay during his Short. And then this comes directly afterwards:
I’m not sure about the original Japanese, but the use of “fell” here suggests a dramatic turn around. To fall, you must be at some height. And for them to make an article on it? No, Yuuri must have not been already in last place. We know Viktor must have been in first place, but Yuuri? I think he was fourth MINIMUM based on this. He even says in some internal monologue:
His ‘big day’? Why would it be a big day if he’d already done disastrously a day or two before in his Short? Surely, a ‘ big day’ would symbolise him possibly winning a medal?
If he was in last place already, he wouldn’t HAVE that kind of pressure. But all of these lines highly suggests to me that he at least had a shot at doing well during the GPF, maybe he was even close enough that he could have had a chance for a silver medal.
We find out during episode five that during the GPF, Yuuri can’t have scored above 94.36, as they announce it to be his personal best. Still, there’s no reason he couldn’t have scored around 90 ish, which when looking at the other scores that year, probably would have put him in a good position
I did the maths as yes, if you plug his Short score at around 90 it gives a realistic Free score considering he pretty much messed up all of the technical points.
Yuuri Katsuki was most likely in line for bronze or silverafter his Short
What does this mean?
This little interaction of Viktor not recognising him as a skater is so much worse, as is Yuuri’s FS failure overall
tl;dr Yuuri actually did very well in his short last time
Edit: I’m kind of bored of getting the same response now so I’m just adding that I don’t really think Viktor actually didn’t know Yuuri as a skater. What I think is that Yuuri probably took the interaction to mean that, and he thought Viktor didn’t recognise him maybe.
1. Be yourself. Live authentically. To quote Dr. Suess, “There is no one alive that is you’er than you.” Don’t try to be someone you’re not to impress people. You will always be happiest when you are being your true self.
2. Contribute to the world in any way that you can. Maybe for you that’s picking up garbage on your way home from work, or giving money to a homeless person on the street, but you will become a more positive person if you are giving back.
3. Be grateful. Acknowledge how fortunate you are and be thankful that you have simple things like heating, food, and shelter. If you are grateful you will always be able to think more positively.
4. Be optimistic. So maybe you missed your 10:30 showing of Beauty And The Beast, are there later showings? Can you plan a rain check? Wouldn’t coffee be nice instead?
5. Surround yourself with positive people. Odds are, if you spend your time with negative people you’ll become more negative. When we are around positive people we become more positive ourselves.
6. Don’t be discouraged. You will never fail until you stop trying!
7. Be a realist. Everyone has their bad days, everyone. Lest, I remind you that Walt Disney, J.K. Rowling, and Steven Spielberg, were all rejected before they ever succeeded.
8. Be like Elsa and let it go. Okay so Elsa may not have been the most positive person at first, but by the end of the movie she learned to make a positive out of what was once a negative situation! Don’t hold on to anger, fear, or hurt. Keep moving forward and forgive others and yourself.
9. Help someone else. It’s so easy to make someone’s entire day. Compliment someone’s new clothes or hair cut, hold doors open for people, smile at strangers and share inspirational quotes with friends. You will feel so much happier and positive if you make someone else feel that way.
10. Kick fear to the curb. Stop letting “what if’s” control your life. Be brave and trying something new, or do something that might scare you. Doing something is always better than doing nothing; you might just surprise yourself!
11. Stop and smell the roses. Appreciate everything around you: sights, smells, music. When we don’t take time to breathe we become stressed.
12. Put down those chips. Junk food might make you feel good for a moment but it will only make you feel unhappy down the road. Swap a milkshake for a smoothie, Soda for a glass of water or a cup of green tea, ice cream for a fruit bowl and so on. We can actually eat a lot more raw foods than processed foods without gaining weight or feeling bloated.
13. Get out there. Make plans! Stop scrolling through instagram and snap stories feeling bad about yourself because it’s a Friday night and you’re at home. It’s always nice to stay in every now and then but it’s also enjoyable to get out into the world and socialize.
14. Get your beauty sleep. 7 hours minimum to function and 8 ideally. It’s impossible to be positive when you’re cranky from not getting enough z’s.
15. Exercise. Find the exercise for you. Maybe it’s swimming, hiking, cycling, yoga, dance, or basketball. Working out will make you feel powerful, happy, and accomplished.
16. Don’t compare yourself to others. Other people’s beauty does not take away from your own. Yes, Sarah from math class has a really nice smile…but have you seen yours? Wow.
17. Accept yourself. Change what you can change and love what you can’t.
18. Don’t sweat the small stuff. Take yourself out of the situation. Is this really a big deal? Will it affect you tomorrow? What about next week? Next month?
19. Be empathetic. Your friend just cancelled your plans for the evening because he is feeling too anxious. What can you say to show him that you’re accepting of his situation? Can you offer up an alternative plan? People want to spend time with people who are kind and accepting of them.
20. Accept that life isn’t linear. There are always going to be ups and downs and that is absolutely normal! You just have to ride the wave instead of letting yourself drown.
[ 19.4.17 ]
- doing group theory homework
- oh my gosh i have done pretty much no work over the holidays
- i either really needed the rest or i have properly fucked myself over
- well, time to recover now
You took a deep breath, inhaling some fresh air
before you took your first step onto the parking lot of your new school.
Students were covering almost the whole area and you found it surprising that
so many students went to an expensive prep school instead of the local high
Beacon Hills were known for their hoard of
supernatural creatures and you thought that maybe attending to Devenford prep
could make some distance and keep yourself out of trouble, since you were
supernatural as well.
You step in to the office to get your schedule and to your discontent, the first lesson of the day were canceled. It
wasn’t a big school and you decided to go to the field after buying a soda at
the cafeteria, you often spent free period studying on the bleachers at your
<b>government:</b> so maybe you should make maths exams kind of... relevant to real life?<p/><b>edexcel:</b> ah<p/><b>edexcel:</b> i see what u mean<p/><b>edexcel:</b> what about a question on<p/><b>edexcel:</b> <p/><b>government:</b> <p/><b>edexcel:</b> photocopier placement<p/></p>
I’ll try to make this as short as possible. Here’s a quick summary to why I need help. This is kind of unnecessary so you can scroll down if you don’t want to read.
In 2014 I took the university exam and got into a university, studying the subject I admired for long years (psychology), and I was really happy because it was a little too hard for me to achieve this goal for some reasons. Anyway, at the end of the second year/grade I was on the verge of depression™ mainly because of:
•Islamophobic and irresponsible teachers (almost all of them)
•Unrespectful and irresponsible classmates
•Unrespectful dorm mates
So, I decided that I can’t go on anymore and I should quit. This year was gonna be my 3rd year in university but I suspended it (not really sure if that’s what you call it in English. I’m still a student of that university but I didn’t attend classes for one year). Now I’m about to take another exam for university which, by Allah the Greatest’s help, will help me with these things:
•Studying in a better university
•Not having to struggle with money because I will get a good scholarship
•Living away from my abusers
•Getting closer to my future dreams (which is being a neuroscientist and helping+educating people not only about neuroscience but also about life in general)
•Getting a job (well this part is not really clear, but which one of them is 100% sure to happen right?)
Now, what I need help for is, maths.
Yes maths. Due to some reasons (one of which is economical reasons) I couldn’t acquire any maths classes. It has been some years since I last studied math, plus now I need to study it in English. My English is not bad, and I’m not that bad in maths either. I just need someone who can help me out. I only got like 7 subjects to study, not so advanced mathematics.
So if you think you can write some notes down about mathematics for me, in a clear and easy way, and help me with the problems I can’t solve, please send me an ask or a message. I’m not asking for anything big, you obviously don’t need to be a teacher. Meanwhile I will try to find online sources and study myself too but I need someone who I can ask questions. Also I couldn’t find any sources which are easy to understand. So it would be nice if you sent me some.
I’m not asking for Skype lessons or something like that, and I obviously can’t give you any money but once in a while I can doodle a flower or a piece of cake for you if you want.
About two months are left before the exam, and I couldn’t study any mathematics so far. So if you signal boosted this even if you can’t help yourself I’d be thankful.
I’ll write the subjects here. I have more details I can send you if you are interested:
1. Numbers and expressions
2. Quadratic functions
3. Figures and measurements
4. The number of possible outcomes and probability
5. Properties of integers
6. Properties of figures
Even if you can't help me with all of them, some is also fine. I don’t know if I’ll be able to learn all of these in such a short time to be honest… But there’s always hope.
Lastly, please make dua/pray for me. May Allah the Greatest makes our struggles easy for us.