Whenever you have a goal, whether you want to be a doctor or a singer, people will find a way to bring you down. I always tell people that if you have something you’re really passionate about, don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t do it. ~ Selena Gomez
A day late (I know), but here’s my Harry Potter 20th anniversary post! The four houses of Hogwarts 18th century style! Hope you all like it :D
I remember my first Harry Potter book when I was a child: my mom bought the first one (as the Spanish version was quite new) for me to read while on vacation and BOOM a fan was born u.u When I think about Harry Potter, I think about one of the key literary and fiction influences from my childhood, along with A Series of Unfortunate Events.
What do these books makes you think about? What did you like the most about them?
Images from top:
“Madame Henriette de France playing the Viola da Gamba”, 1754, Jean-Marc Nattier.
“Portrait of Monsieur de Buissy”, 1745, Joseph Siffred Duplessis, National Gallery of Canada, Ottawa.
“Portrait of a gentleman", late 18th Century, British School.
“Portrait of Marie Leczinska”, early 18th century, atelier de Jean Baptiste Van Loo.
“Portrait of Marie Fel”, Maurice Quentin de la Tour.
“James Erskine, Lord Barjarg and Alva”, 1750, Allan Ramsay, Scottish National Portrait Gallery.
“Portrait of Richard Boyle, 2nd Earl of Shannon", Sir Joshua Reynolds.
“Self-Portrait with a Harp”, 1791, Rose Adélaïde Ducreux, Met Museum.
Here are some ideas for a demigod au with the kanto children
-Red is the son of Ares because of reasons
-He is orphan and his cap is the only thing he has from his mother
- He lives in the streets before Prof. Oak finds him and takes him to camp half-blood
- For a son of Ares he is super chill but when it comes to battle he shows his true power
- He has received the blessing of Ares
- He is the counselor of Ares cabin
- He thinks Ares is a jerk (everyone does)
- Blues is the daughter of Aphrodite
- She is really strong and powerful because the training she received as a kid (kind of like the mask of ice thing)
- She can shapeshift but only her head and face and she has charmspeak
- She used to use her charmspeak on Red
- She tried it on Green too but it didn’t work
- Her earrings where a gift from Aphrodite
- She is the counselor of cabin 10
- Everybody is conflicted about her being a child of Aphrodite because she has all the characteristics but she is so strong and nobody thinks an aphrodite kid can be strong
- Yellow is a chid of Apollo
- She is an excelent doctor
- She uses a lance despite her ability with the bow, she thinks it suits her better
- She is very good at arts
- She was also an orphan, her uncle (not blood related) raised her
- She is really close to nature and has mastered potion making because of this
- She posses photokinesis, though itt really wears her off and rarely uses it
- Green and Daisy are children of Athena
- Daisy is the counselor of the cabin
- They were raised by prof Oak but when he realized they were in danger he sent them to camp half-blood
- Nobody knows what happened with their father, the only thing he letf were the necklaces they wear
- Prof. Oak married a Goddess so his son was a demigod who also married a demigoddes making Daisy and Green have god blood from both sides.
- Green is an expert with the bow
- Daisy is Athena’s favorite
- All the scars they have are based on the manga. Red has his hands ice burned. Blue has a big scar on the chest. Yellow has her right arm burned. Daisy has a lot of scars on her arms but she doen’t like them so she covers them. Green has a scar on the neck.
Those are the only ideas I have rn for the kanto kids, I will make the other dex holders later, if anyone has ideas I’d love to hear about them
I started making a whole bunch of clay pikmin and I love them???? So so much
I made them just slightly bigger than they’d be in a real life perspective (any smaller than how I made them and I wouldn’t be able to get any of the details >3<) and they’re so small and cute! They’re like an inch tall each!
I’m gonna leave them in my plant pots and take cute pictures C:
I finished my Voltron: Legendary Defender set!! I will have prints available at Fanime and Animazement this weekend! Voltron has become one of my all-time favorite shows and I’ve been really excited to share these with everyone~
If I have leftover prints after this weekend I will put them up on my Etsy.