Chapter 157 Feels Attack post
Soooo I think this’ll be the first time I’ll be this vocal about a chapter in BnHA because it’s just so f u c k i n g good! Of course, there were others that left me like a dying whale calling for help but yeah, you know the point.
1. DEKU BEING THE BEST BOI (part 1). So let me begin with this. I am not able to articulate how much I admire him in this panel. You can really see his motivation, his drive to become the very best (that no one ever was lol).
2. MY PROBLEM WITH SIR NIGHTEYE. I know at one point in our lives we wished for an ability to manipulate time (either travel back into the past or see into the future or both). As it is, time manipulation is indeed a very useful (and powerful, to some extent) power.
But I realized that with sir Nighteye, as the chapters in this arc progressed, he had the habit of treating his visions as black and white? Like if his “prophecy“ or vision did not happen then everything is screwed up goodbye everybody see you in Hero heaven.
His foresight does him credit, I give him that. But the problem is that he eliminates all the other possibilities just because he saw one likely future. I surmise he lacks faith in other people twisting their fates, which is just sad. But Deku’s gonna make him realize that fates are indeed twistable. Which brings me to the next one…
3. OCHAKO BEING THE BEST GIRL. I’ve always rooted for her. I‘ve always considered her to be the best girl. But I‘ll be damned, this panel just made me decide that she’s really the bestest girl in BnHA.
As I pointed out in 2, Nighteye easily loses hope when everything goes south. That’s the cue for our best girl here. She won’t take any shit from a prophetic guy who tells her boy friend (see that space there? yes, that’s going to vanish soon enough HAHAHAHA) is going to die. While some may argue that the likeliness of Deku being gravely injured (or much worse, dying) is kind of high, given the situation, I agree with Ochako saying that nobody truly knows what’s going to happen until it actually happens.
It’s not blind optimism, everyone. There are times that we must keep on pushing despite everyone telling us that we’re going to fail.
Also, I feel like she’s gonna unleash the torrential rain of rocks just like she did in her fight with Bakugo during the Sports fest. Look at those floating rocks!
I feel like I should point out that this is, to some extent, an IzuOca scene!!!!!!!!!! I’m screaming
4. NIGHTEYE’S EPIPHANY. After Ochako’s best girl moment, we see in the next panel that Nighteye was reminded of Deku’s (or Mirios? I have quite forgotten) attitude regarding those future mumbo-jumbos. I think he realized that he should not let whatever future laid out before him unfold without doing something about it, especially when it’s about the death of his comrade. I‘m looking forward to what he’s going to do when he gets to the surface.
5. DEKU BEING THE BEST BOI (part 2). Need I say something?
6. DEKU BEING THE BEST BOI (part 3). Let’s see what we have here. I love how he made Eri‘s quirk look so unaggressive? Like it was not meant for destruction but for helping people? Those words, uttered by our best cinnamon roll, were what Eri needed during that time. She needed to know that she was not some weapon of mass destruction. She needed to know that even if she couldn’t control her quirk, there was someone who would entrust his whole being to her care. It’s so beautiful I can‘t help but tear up a little.
7. DEKU BEING THE BEST BOI (part 4). I had to refrain from screaming outright at this part because my mother was lying beside me and she might think I finally lost it.
I’ve seen people say that Deku‘s plan is half insane, half maniacal. It’s true, to be quite honest. Using OfA at its full potential without any regards to his well-being just because he’s with a person that can rewind his physical state is plain insane to me.
However, what I see in there is his complete trust in Eri that she won’t hurt him. Just like what I said in the previous item, Eri needed someone to see her as a person, not a tool. Deku, being the smart cookie he is, knew that and gave Eri the confidence boost she unknowingly needed.
And that’s it folks! Damn, it felt so cathartic, ranting like that. I initially thought this arc would be boring but boy was I wrong. I found myself hotly anticipating every chapter that comes out every week, especially when it features my best boi. GAH PLEASE GIVE ME THE NEXT CHAPTER