More fun with ADHD:
- Making a carefully thought out list of all the things you need to get done today, and then spending the entire day doing great stuff that’s not on that list.
- Getting to the end of whatever thought/conversation you were just having and then defaulting back to whatever the current obsession is, so that everyone gets used to hearing ‘I wonder when that package will come’ or ‘dinner was great last night, yeah? We should make that more often’ like fifteen times in a day.
- I lost my to do list in the pile of to do lists.
- I wrote my to do list on a white board. The list on the whiteboard is from two months ago.
- I put estimated times on my to do list. Apparently I have no idea how the fuck long it takes to do things.
- The fuck you say ‘talks excessively’, ADHD pamphlet? Everything I say is fascinating and everyone loves me for carrying the conversation. Always. And starting new conversations when they’re trying to leave. And finishing everyone’s sentences because I knew what you were saying and you were too slow.
- The closest I ever got to playing Risk was that time someone gave Star Wars Risk to me so we started setting it up but the setup took too long and I got bored and wandered off.
- I have to take medication reliably at the same time every day so that it can help me not forget everything. That’s fuckin hilarious.
- The uncountable times I got fascinated with something and learned a fuckton about it/got really good at it in an unreasonably short period of time, and then once I was better than I ever expected to be, I got distracted and subsequently forgot I ever did/learned it and forgot most of what I learned.