Here are some titles that you probably have heard and never watched because of various factors BUT do deserve a watch! I shall justify:
B Gata H Kei: Yamada’s First Time - Most people look at Yamada’s cast and say: “Wow, just another harem anime with lots of large-breasted girls and a stupid boy character” and if you think that, then shame on you! I am a teenage girl, meaning I am not into the harem stories, and I wholly found this show to have some of the best comedy in anime. Most of all, this show makes fun of the genre it appears to portray, to the point of hilarity. Definitely deserves a watch.
Red Data Girl - Most people who have heard of RDG and have decided against watching it have done so because it is not an extremely popular show, so they think it’s not good. Others may be put off by the protagonist, who is shy. Well, shame on you! RDG was a show I decided to watch just because it popped up on Netflix, and I got to say that it deserves more love. The story is a fresh take on the supernatural genre and our heroine is admirable and someone you will be rooting for the whole time.
Spice and Wolf - The first thing people think when they look at Spice and Wolf is that this show is furry fanservice and just someone’s pervy fantasy. Shame on you! If you think by glance that Spice and Wolf is some sexed-up anime, then you are sorely mistaken because it is no where even close to that. This show follows Laurence, a merchant, and Holo, the wolf god of harvest, on their journey to the north and mainly explores medieval economics (which might not sound exciting but it is!) and their relationship.
Maid Sama! - You throw a maid into the picture and suddenly everyone judges the show! This anime is my favorite romance to date and has the absolute most kick-ass protagonist because she is so focused on helping her family while being a straight A student, the student council president, and working at a maid cafe. She has no room for love, and rather than having the love interest fall for her because of her looks or other superficial things, he falls for her brains, determination, and strong convictions.
Good Luck Girl! - This is an underrated anime. Most people have never heard of it, which is a crying shame because it was one of the funniest shows I have seen and has some really good art. Some people might have decided not to watch this one because the protagonist is kind of a huge bitch, but that is the point! Not every MC has to be a good person! This show will make your sides for from laughing.
Ghost Stories - This show is one of a kind. In almost every way, it is awful. Horrible art, horrible characters, horrible story. Bad show all around EXCEPT for the dub. The story behind it is that this show was so bad that when Funimnation was asked to dub it, they were told to do it in any way they could just to make it bearable to watch, so they decided to make a gag dub, meaning that almost every line of dialogue that was in the original has been replaced by something super hilarious and raunchy. Don’t believe me? Just look it up on YouTube. The dub of ghost stories is the single most funny show I have ever watched. Period.
This is the last one of the 4 that was released yesterday!!! I did some short translation for Inoo’s part in the comments! (not the long talk interview)
10th Year’s Emotions where many things has happened - Inoo Kei
1. In these 9 years, what were some things you were happy about? Being on stage at a concert with JUMP members is something that’s incredibly happy. I am, well, usually I don’t really have intense feelings but I realize “ah.. even I’m this way, my feelings like ‘joy’ is huge,”
2. Among the members, who’s the most easy to understand when they’re happy? Isn’t it Chinen? Because, when he find things that he likes, and in happy moments that he encounters, he’s honestly happy and his feelings becomes easy to read on his smiling face. (Members tally: Yuya: 1 , Yuto:1 , Yabu: 2 , Chinen: 2 , Daiki: 1, Yamada:1 , Keito: 1)
3. In these 9 years, what were some things that you were angry about or regretted? When I appeared in the stage play “Karafuto Ojisan”, there was a fair bit of anger outburst acting. Usually, I don’t get angry much but I realize “ahh.. I have feelings of anger” “I feel hatred”
4. Among the members, who’s the most angry and the most scary? Everyone in JUMP is not angry! But if there’s someone… Hikaru wears his heart on his sleeves, so when he’s a little irritated, you can tell. (Members tally: Yamada: 0.5 , Hikaru: 4.5, Chinen: 1 and….. Inoo: 3 …. imaginary! Members’ comment of Inoo: Keito: Inochan maybe. Because I’ve never seen him angry but without using our imagination, the gap between his usual self and his angry self seems scary. Daiki: I’ve never seen him angry but by surprise if Inochan is actually angry, it’d be scary! Chinen: Inochan. Usually he’s not angry, conversely it seems scary!
5. In these 9 years, what were some things that were sad and you cried over? As for the role in the drama “Soshite Daremoinakunatta”, I felt incredible sadness and heart wrenching pain towards the mother. It made me realize “For me.. I can become this sad and feel such kind of pain”
6. Among the members, who’s the crybaby? Daichan has a store of emotions. During concerts I’ve seen him being moved to tears many times. Me? In these 9 years, I’ve not cried. Basically, I try not to to show my tears in public. (Members tally: Keito: 8!!! Daiki: 1)
7. In the 9 years, what were some things that was fun and merry? When I got to taste school life in the movie “Peach Girl”. I made me realize “this is what they call “fun in school life”,” That’s the end of the “I realized” series! (lol)
8. Among the members, who has the best sense of humour? Yuto. Even when he’s busy, when he’s tired, he always jokes around and does impersonation and make us laugh. Though it can’t be express through a magazine… His impersonation of the staff is reaaally good! (Members tally: Yuto: 3, Daiki: 2, Yuya: 2, Hikaru: 2)
Friendly incidents that happened among members: Inoo: I heard that Yamada and Keito have the same clothes and put them on and wears them sometimes. I didn’t see it in my own eyes though. The two of them are close even in their private time, wouldn’t their favourite things be similar maybe.
Yamada: One time I went shopping with Chinen, When Ah! I saw a white jacket and thought to buy it, Chinen was holding a black one. He said “Well, the color is different so it’s ok” (lol). We’ve worn them many times on the same day.
Alright… that’s it!! Let’s leave with perverted Inoo: