5 comics book moments that made you go 'OH SHIT!' 321go
This is a great question Ramma thanks! Had to think about it for a little.
In no particular order:
1. Wolverine kills Lady Deathstrike. Like, damn. He just TEARS her apart. It’s gruesome, it’s graphic and the ending with Lady Deathstrike begging for mercy and Wolverine denying it is out of this world. (The Uncanny X-Men vol. 1 #205)
2. That entire issue where the Authority fights “God” AND KILLS IT. I don’t know why, but it shocked me in a way I’ll never really forget. (The Authority vol. 1, Ellis’s run)
3. Wonder Woman fights Medusa, BLINDS HERSELF to have an advantage in the fight and then she proceeds to kick ass and not. Give. One. Single. Fuck. (Wonder Woman #210)
4. *Insert that meme of Wee Bey from The Wire cause I’m still in shock over number 3*
The Storm And The Fury. The death of the main character is always an “OH SHIT” moment, but the story itself is what makes it worth a spot on this list.
5. Maybe not as epic as the others but: the punk Storm reveal. Honestly had to sit down and take a breather because no other character in comics will ever be as cool as punk Storm. (The Uncanny X-Men vol. 1 #173)
Yay mohawk Storm!! As the X-Men gather in Japan for Wolverine’s wedding, there’s more than a few surprises in Storm… er I mean in store… as the entire team reunites for the first time in a while. Something weird is up with Storm. Her powers are on the fritz, she almost killed Callisto a few issues ago, and now the time she spent fighting the Japanese underworld with the wild and impulsive Yukio has inspired her to change her look drastically. But come on who doesn’t love punk rock Storm!
Ah fuck you Kitty. (The Uncanny X-Men #173 – Sept 1983)
Oh my SHITTTTTT. I was wondering how this wedding was gonna get broken up since I knew Wolverine never gets married, but I wasn’t fucking expecting Mastermind!!! He is quickly becoming one of my favorite villains of all time. He’s just PERFECT. Slimy, disgusting, creepy as all fuck in that Killgrave kind of way, with so little physical power but with such massive ability to violate your brain in every perverted way imaginable. Is he the mystery villain that has been sneaking around fucking up all of the X-Men’s enemy telepaths?? Ooo lets see where this is going!! (The Uncanny X-Men #173 – Sept 1983)
And just like that Rogue has won Wolverine over forever. From here on out they have each other’s backs, despite that Rogue almost completely destroyed one of Wolverine’s best friends. What a fair-weather friend Logan is. (The Uncanny X-Men #173 – Sept 1983)