He does- Jonas is quick witted and intelligent. He loves films and art and Even has the most interesting conversations with Jonas when they’re both high off their ass. Even more interesting ones when they aren’t.
He means, yeah sure, every now and then they butt heads when it comes to Isak because they both love him dearly in their own ways, but at the end of the day; they are always willing to laugh it off into a can of beer.
So they’re chill. Even likes Jonas.
But at this moment, Even wants to break the curly headed fuck’s neck.
“Let’s take marriage for instance,” Jonas says, sipping a can of beer and gesturing wildly to both the other boys in their squad and the girls, “It’s nothing but a capitalistic invention. People throw these huge ceremonies and spend millions of dollars on bullshit like valentine’s day cards and wedding receptions. I mean really– marriage is obsolete in this day and age. What the fuck is a piece of paper going to tell you? Completely unnecessary.”
Even clenches his jaw, because Isak is nodding in his hesitant way, looking interested in the topic. Slowly being convinced maybe.
That just won’t do. Because Even has a ring in his pocket that he’s been carrying around for ages and tonight was supposed to be the night that he was going to drop down on his legs and ask the fucking question.
But fucking Jonas is messing shit up.
“I don’t think it’s obsolete,” Even says through gritted teeth, “Standing up in front of you family and friends and promising yourself to the one person in the world you can’t live without.”
Jonas snorts, “One person you can’t live without? Should we talk about divorce rates?”
Sana, bless her, must notice that Even is about to blow a gasket and maybe jump Jonas in the not at all fun way. She clears he throat and changes the subject easily enough.
But Even glares at him steadily. Clearly boldly enough that Isak gives him a bizarre look and a nudge
Sorry baby, Even thinks, I know he’s your best friend, but I’ll kill him if he affects how you see us.
Jonas stands up and stretches after a minute, pecking Eva’s head in the process. “I’m going to grab some chips.”
His chance. Even stands up, “I’ll help you.”
“Oh no, it’s alright I’m just-”
Even narrows his eyes, “I’ll help you.”
So the kitchen is awkward because Jonas can’t figure out why Even is laser beam staring and him and Even is just crossing his arms and glaring.
“Did I… do something?”
“You’ve gotta stop with this no marriage shit,” Even whispers, moving closer and giving the entrance to the kitchen a surreptitious glance, “You’re killing me, Jonas. Like actually killing me.”
Jonas raises his eyebrows, “What the fuck? Why?”
Even sighs through his nose, “Because I have a fucking ring in my pocket that I’m planning on proposing with in approximately 45 minutes, you shit.”
Jonas’s eyes go wide, “No way! You and Isak are getting married? That’s fucking awesome!”
Even throws his arms up and hisses, “Yeah, it’s awesome. But it’s going to be less awesome when Isak decides suddenly that marriage is a capitalistic trap!”
Jonas winces, “Okay I see your point. Sorry man, I didn’t know.”
Even lets out a breath. At least he was being reasonable. “It’s chill… just cool it a bit until after.”
Noora’s high pitched voice, “Everything okay in there? Where are the chips?”
Jonas pats Even on the back and grins, “This is fucking awesome. Married. Isak is so gonna ask me to be his best man.” And then louder, “We’re coming out now. Couldn’t find them!”
Jonas and Even settle back into the respective seats. There was a brief lull of silence before Jonas cleared his throat, “Ladies and gentlemen, I’ve had a change of heart. Everyone should get married. Marriage is the fucking best.”
My Personal Top 10 Villain and Hero Prompts so far List
10) “Such faith…” the villain looked at the other in wonder, reverence, shocked awe that quite stole their breath. Such beautiful, stupid, blindness. They were the most perfect creature the villain had ever seen. “Tell me, if I asked you for your heart, would you give it to me?” “You have it already.” As if they hadn’t just met. “Or do you mean literally? ”It was all the villain could do not to grin, wolfish. They didn’t want to scare this miracle, after all. But oh, how strangely ensnaring it was to be trusted so completely.“Come with me.” X
9) “So protective…” the villain murmured. “You were never so protective over me.” “You never needed anyone to protect you!” The look on the villain’s face stopped them dead. X
They knew it was wrong, they knew they shouldn’t like seeing the antagonist like this. A shell of themselves, fragile, held together by stitches. But oh they were so pliant like this. So scared of doing wrong and so desperately needing reassurance. “I forgive you.” “It’s going to be okay.” “You’re not a monster.” The hero had never felt so addictively needed in their life, so redemptive, so powerful to have the villain breathless and overwhelmed with the smallest of kindnesses. They felt like god. X
The villain prowled closer, gaze intent. “Mm. The last time someone looked at me like that we didn’t get out of bed all weekend, good times.” “Cute bravado, it won’t save you.” “You’re blushing.” X
6) “Fix it.” “I can’t.” The protagonist dropped to their knees, a sick feeling curdling in the pit of their belly. “Please - see, I’m begging and everything - fix it.” They swallowed hard. “Please.” Their voice voice cracked. “I can’t,” the antagonist said. They tugged one hand through their hair, jerked the other in a gesture for the protagonist to get up. “I’m not saying it to spite you, I literally can’t. This is beyond my power. I’m sorry.” The protagonist stared at them in numb disbelief. X
5) “Go on,” the antagonist rasped. Their eyes were intent upon the protagonist’s, their lips startlingly red with blood. Breath panting. “Finish it.” The protagonist’s hand wavered, head spinning, adrenaline coursing nauseously through their body. Some distance away, their allies were starting to approach. The antagonist’s expression softened. “Finish it.” They reached up a hand to steady the protagonist on their weapon. “You’ll be a hero, everyone will love you, the world will be yours for the taking. You’ve come so far and grown so much, you’ve fought so hard. You can do it. It’s alright.” “You want to die?” “Don’t ask me that. I’d rather it be by your hand than theirs.” X
“Let me tell you something,” the antagonist said. “You want to get away with being a monster, you act like a hero.” X
“Dearest. Darling. Sweetheart,” the protagonist flatly recited the list of endearments the antagonist was most likely to wield in their conversations. “You’re play acting at intimacy again. God, it must be desperately lonely being you.” “Oh, love. I’m not the one play acting at anything – if I wanted to be intimate with you, baby, I’d bother to learn your name.” X
2) “Beautiful girl in need of saving, you’re predictable,” said the villain. She circled the hotel room, removing the silken scarf from around her neck and letting it drop. The heroine set her weapon slowly down on the bed beside them. “Compulsive need to play act a girl in need of saving,” she returned. “You’re transparent.” A smile flickered across the villain’s lips. “I like pretending to be you. It’s intimate.”“You think I need saving?” “Of course,” the villain purred. “I know who you’re up against.” X
“Shh, it’s alright,” the villain said. “You’re doing beautifully and I’m so proud of you. But that’s enough now. It was cruel of them to make you fight me - you could never have won. It’s not your fault.” X
+ 1; AKA the first heroes and villains prompt I wrote, of the classic style you might know me for (I wrote villainous prompts before this one, but they wouldn’t be what you guys call my villain and hero prompts in the same way)
“What happened to you?” He strained against the cuff, face twisted up and flushed. “You’re not like this - this isn’t you.”
“And how would you know what I’m like?” he drew the knife, caressed it along Marco’s cheek. “You left. And now you want to leave again…but the boss won’t be so happy about that, old friend.”