- Katsuki is a famous hitman working for a secret agency (kill first, don’t ask questions kind of deal) and whenever he gets hired to kill someone, he has to directly ask the person which one they want to check off in their bucket list, such as traveling to Italy or climbing up Mount Everest, before he kills them. Sometimes he even gets strange requests (“Are you fucking kidding me?? You want to break into someone else’s house because you want to steal their underwear? No wonder someone wants to kill you.” “It’s not for me! It’s for a friend I swear!”) but of course, each job has a deadline.
- One day, he gets another job and his request was the strangest of them all (“Izuku Midoriya, you get one thing taken off your bucket list before I kill you, what would it be?” “I-I … I want to fall in love!” “… what?”)
- Katsuki’s deadline is a week at most and he usually finishes the job after 2 to 3 days, if it doesn’t involve traveling to another country. He desperately tries and tries to make Izuku hook up with different types of people, whether it be a guy or a girl. (“Just fucking choose one! Falling in love couldn’t be that hard” “It has to be the right person! I can’t just pick someone at random and hope to fall in love with them at first sight!”) Sad to say, Izuku was a closet romantic.
- It’s almost near the deadline and Katsuki was furious, how the hell does one person fall in love so easily in a span of less than a week? He never experienced such emotion for another person through all the years he’s been as an on or off hitman and it’s even the primary rule of the agency, finish the job with no strings attached. He suddenly came to a conclusion that could change the way he operates in his career for the first time in his life. (“Look, how about you.. try falling in love with me instead?” “W-what? Who would fall in love with someone who’s going to kill you?” “Fuck, I mean.. you said you want to fall in love right? It’s an experience so at least, in the end, you’ll know how it feels like?” “… Try me.”) When Izuku said that, it sounded like a challenge and Katsuki never backs down from a challenge.
- Katsuki actually shows a different side of him to Izuku (It’s for the job!) and takes him out on dates based on his knowledge of what it is even though he doesn’t really know what couples do or how does one fall in love?? because he wasn’t really a romantic person unlike Izuku (“Since we’re going out.. can I call you Kacchan?” “What the fuck?” “Please? You can also give me a nickname!” “… If it gets you to fall in love with me quickly, do whatever you want.. Deku.” “D-Deku..?”)
- Sometimes, it comes to a point where Katsuki gets impatient even though they’ve only been going out for less than a day (“Have you fallen for me yet?” “No! That’s like the third time you asked me that today, and it doesn’t go like that at all Kacchan!” “Tch.”)
- Date after date, Katsuki almost gave up (almost!) but he doesn’t because that’s not what hitmen with a good record do! Instead, he offers Izuku what he wants to do (“I’ve always wanted to watch the new All Might movie that just came out a week ago.. but it always gets sold out..” “You like All Might?” “Yeah! I think he’s super cool!” “Yeah he really is..”)
- From that day on, he learned more and more about Izuku and his weird obsession with All Might, who Katsuki actually also looks up to since he was a child, until he realized… Izuku’s actually not so bad?
- As few of the days (2 or maybe 3 days) go by, he became painfully aware of Izuku’s presence that he suddenly realizes that he actually looks forward to the next day he takes him out on another date with Izuku’s choosing. He even has an unusual urge to squish Izuku’s freckled cheeks and do other things that he never even thought of doing to the people he was going to kill.
- Time goes by so fast that it’s already one day left before Izuku’s final day and Katsuki is getting weird feelings for a certain someone (”What the fuck, is it possible to go into a cardiac arrest at this day and age?” “Kacchan, what are you talking about?”) He realizes too soon that he was the one who fell in love with Izuku and not the other way around.
- He begins to panic because who would ever like a nerd like Deku? but looking back through the moments he’s spent time with him, he actually cherishes them and decides to make every memory with Izuku last to the point where he’s having second thoughts up until the last day.
- It’s the last day (”Deku, have you finally fallen for me yet?” “Kacchan… have you?”)
Every version of me dead and buried in the yard outside.