do you think the ongoing situation in Kurdistan has possibilities to turn into anarchist communism ?
Hi, thanks for the question,
I’m an optimist in that I think yes, there are liberatory potentials emerging in Kurdistan that could evolve into an anarchist communist society. I think the spread of ideas linked to democratic confederalism and anti-capitalism are promising, especially given the triple pressures of the Turkish state/Syrian government forces/Daesh.
However I won’t lie to you - I do not feel remotely qualified into giving you an answer you would find decent and satisfactory. Therefore I think directing you to other resources is the best bet here!
- The “Kurdish” tag on libcom.org is full of important news and information, especially pieces written by the Kurdistan Anarchist Forum
- ‘Rojava revolution’ reading guide
- A mountain river has many bends: an introduction to the Rojava revolution
- The Rojava resistance: rebirth of the anticapitalist struggle - Salvador Zana
- ‘I have seen the future and it works.’ – Critical questions for supporters of the Rojava revolution
- Anarchist Critique of The PKK
- “Rojava: An Anarcho-Syndicalist Perspective & An Anarchist Communist Reply”
- Resources on the Rojava revolution in West Kurdistan (Syria)
If other comrades feel they can weigh in with their thoughts/resources please do so! Ideas grow better for being stepped on!