Confessions and Realizations
@chibi-lioness Asked: “I’ve kinda hit a wall with a short story I’m writing as a present for a friend. The main character is in love, but her main love interest is attracted to her sister but it’s more like, puppy love than actual affection. She does confess as the guy leaves for an amount of time and asks for an answer after he is sure of what he wants but I can’t seem to come up with WHY he realizes he likes her more, if that makes sense. She has always been supportive, but he is quite clumsy with girls. Thank you!”
1. “I love you. I just thought you deserved to know.”
“I don’t understand. Why didn’t you say anything?”
2. “Here’s the thing: I know I’m never going to see you again, so I’m going to tell you something that I swore I never would.”
“It’s about your sister, isn’t it? She really does-”
“No! No, it’s not about her. It’s… It’s about me.”
3. “I had no idea…”
“That was kind of the point, you know?”
4. “I care about you so much, and you’ve never known. All you’ve ever seen is her.”
“And I get it, I really do. She’s an amazing person, and I don’t blame you. I just wanted you to know the truth.”
5. “Can I kiss you?”
“No? But you just said-”
“I know. And now, you have a plane to catch. When you decide what you want, give me a call.”
6. “I think-I think I want this, too.”
“Of course you do. It’s the heat of the moment, and your emotions are all mixed up. Talk to me when you’ve had time to think about it.”
7. “I don’t know what to say.”
“Just say… Say that you’ll think about it. Say that you’ll let yourself consider me and you.”
Reasons for realizing:
1. He keeps catching himself wanting to talk to her whenever something funny, sad, or stressful happens.
2. He catches himself daydreaming about her.
3. He starts dreaming about her.
4. He hears that something bad happens to her. (A car accident, for instance.) It can turn out to not be anything, or it can be something major, but either way, he has to go see her immediately.
~I hope these help!!~