Imagine being best friends with Spencer Reid //part 1.
Fandom: Criminal Minds
Image belongs to @loverboyreid.
- You two often heard that you were nothing alike. Even the team wondered how the complete opposites that you two were could stand each other.
- On the one hand, you could understand their point of view because you have also noticed the small changes in your and Spencer’s behavior when you were in the same room.
- For example, you often ruffled his hair (you would kill for having such soft hair and that wasn’t a joke) but he never seemed to dislike or avoid it. When other people tried to touch him, he immediately moved away, even with things such as a simple handshake. Sure, he excused himself rambling about the germs and hygiene but it wasn’t like you were the only person in the world free of them, right? When you jokingly asked him about it, at first he didn’t know what to say, because he was closer with you than with anyone else.
- “With you, it’s… calm,” was his final answer, hours after your question. You didn’t tease him about his abstract expression, because he has been thinking really hard, almost profiling himself.
- You two would randomly chat while doing paperwork behind your desks and it would sometimes lead to very ‘geeky’ subjects. Morgan was the one mocking you the most about it.
- “With so much brainstorm in this room, I think I’ll have to invest in some protection from thunderbolts.”
“Really, Morgan? That was lame even for you.”
- The team was surprised by how well you two cooperated. You weren’t one to outsmart the boy-genius, but your ‘human’ point of view on cases often allowed him to better understand what was on people’s minds and how would they really behave in theoretical situations.
- Spencer wasn’t really fond of close relationships, even if it was only on friendship level, and it took quite some time for him to open up fully and consider spending his free time with you off-schedule. He liked to have everything in his life in its place as much as possible and he rarely let go of his habits, but he made an exception for you.
- When he suggested that you could watch something at his place for once, you were so clearly shocked that he got red and started rambling something but stopped when you hugged him really tightly (but quickly, because he still hadn’t warmed up to long physical contact). You were so happy that he made this commitment, it made your whole day brighter.
- “Woah, what a ray of sunshine! And this is the first day in a week I forgot my sunglasses…”
“Shut up, Morgan.”
- Your friendship grew slowly and you made sure not to push Spencer’s boundaries too much in one strike.
- Spencer would find himself actually surprised by how easy talking to you was compared to pretty much everyone else. Even when he started to speak chaotically, you didn’t shush him or roll your eyes, instead telling him to slow down and explain it one more time, this time like for a kid.
- You would often make him laugh and he honestly thinks it’s the most valuable gift he ever received from anyone. Even when he is surrounded by all his problems or saddened by his mother’s deteriorating condition, you are still able to make his day a little bit brighter, although he would never admit to it.