So this is more about characters, but do you have any suggestions for some negative character traits, like lying and drinking. I always make really nice and polite villains and it makes my writing really bad and I need help 😂 it's ok if you can't think of anything, I understand that this is an odd question. Ps: Really big fan of yours!!💖
Aw the ‘PS’ made me squeal hehe! Also I’m literally here to try and help with any of your questions, honestly I don’t mind whether it’s about the temperature of my house for all I care- I’ll answer them all. Okay so negative character traits/ideas, here we go…:
- Violence. Lots of it.
- The need to kill vs the want to kill.
- Lying (as you said), deceit.
- Anger. This can be over tiny things- remember that!
- Loss of control.
- Payback, karma.
- Psychopathic, sociopathic, anything else under that umbrella (I don’t know all that much this category, sorry!)
- Facial expressions, trademark. Eg. the Jokers trademark is the smile scars- even though it wasn’t included in suicide squad :(
- Weaponry. Sword, gun, baseball bat, knives etc.
- Drug addict.
- Pyromaniac- Someone who finds pleasure in setting things on fire. Arsonist.
- Megalomaniac- Someone who has an obsessive desire for power.
- Maniac- Someone suffering from mania, raving and violently insane(I don’t really like this definition because someone who is mentally ill-suffering from mania- should not be called insane for something they can’t help, but yeah. It’s fictional though!).
- Blackouts. Doing bad things not in their right mind and coming to their senses with no recollection of the happenings.
- Mixed-personality disorder. I don’t know if it’s the same as the above so it has it’s own bullet point! I think it’s basically what Eurus Holmes dealt with, but don’t quote me on that. That was just my view and my families due to my mother being a counsellor and diagnosing a fictional character… sort of.
There’s a fair few ideas out there and this is barely scratching the surface! Your villain could be denying their evil, or simply embracing it, it’s all down to the storyline and character’s personality. Good luck, lots of love from Yasmine xox
GUYS check out what @thirtyfivefoxesinablog had to say in her repost it’s really useful! x