This was my first time trying to make a clean paint job and decided to try out automotive paints. It was also the first time I realized how important a respirator is. Fire-engine red snot for a week.
The steps were pretty straight forward. Disassemble, sand, prime, paint, mask, paint. I did run into a problem with those last 2 steps when the masking tape pulled up the edges of the red, which you can see in the first pic.
Going forward, I think I need to find a better masking material, probably something specifically used in automotive painting, and maybe even take a razor blade to the edges as it’s getting peeled up too. Roughing up and weathering something is really a trick to hide mistakes. Perfect, clean pieces are muuuuuch harder.