Okay so I see some people trashing on 17′s MV calling it “cheap” and “tacky” and wow let me stop you all right there
Would you have preferred…
- a box MV with dance shots & member close-ups only?
- band members wandering aimlessly through ruins or empty streets with wistful expressions & a few dance breaks?
- members looking “swag” in hoodies in a room with neon colours on the walls?
- choreo breaks where you can’t even distinguish one member’s leg from the other due to bad camera antics designed to make the dance look more impressive?
- cute boys at a pastel party trying to win over your heart concept?
Okay so they didn’t have a full story concept, hired actors to play the story. Quelle horreur, what a travesty, they might as well just disband now, right?
Pledis invested in unusual, bright, eye-catching graphics because it’s not common and would garner attention. I’m sure we’re all very sorry that certain aesthetics were chosen to show off each member individually. Eternal apologies for not adhering to normal standard concepts that have done 1000 times by groups before. Because debuting with over-used concepts when you’re a new group from a small company always works out great, am I right?
I can name at least ten (quite popular!) K-Pop groups that wished they had such a unique concept to their videos. Get your negativity off my dash and enjoy the higher-quality-than-anybody-expected music video.
PS: some of y’all are so overprotective of artists and graphic designers on tumblr but once they get paid by a company to help make graphics for a visually stimulating music video y’all turn into haters… ok ok