imagine Baze + Chirrut as young men, still in training, and their relationship is the worst-kept secret ever:
- Chirrut keeps accidentally calling Baze ‘my love’ in public, sometimes while yelling for Baze in a crowded room*.
- Baze dreamily staring at Chirrut for hours and getting into trouble for not paying attention.
- They constantly drag each other around by their robe belts.
- If they have to sit or stand close together in public, they inevitably end up pressed against/leaning on each other and holding hands**.
- Anyone who hurts Baze during sparring promptly becomes Chirrut’s enemy.
- Baze refuses to talk about Chirrut ever, and blushes if anyone else mentions him.
- Chirrut refuses to talk about anything but Baze.
- If you interrupt any of their conversations – no matter how inane the conversation or how important the interruption – they’ll both glare at you for hours***.
- Chirrut constantly and visibly wearing the starbird pendant that everyone knows used to belong to Baze.
- Whenever someone comes into their shared room, they find Baze and Chirrut standing in opposite corners looking very ruffled.
* Chirrut has on occasion tried to save face Chandler-Bing-style, by calling Silvanie and Killi and his teachers ‘my love’ immediately afterwards. (Luckily the echo box isn’t sensitive enough to detect even the biggest eye roll)
** 80% of the time they don’t seem to realise it’s happening, and act very shocked when someone points out how entangled they’ve become. 20% of the time they do realise, and it’s even more entertaining to watch them both try to fight the urge to snuggle and unfailingly lose.
*** It is very disconcerting to be glared at by Chirrut, especially since he’s never actually facing you, but you still know.