top 5 most likely to make the japan national team :))
Yesterday we all went a little bit emotional with this national team headcanon, and I actually thought about this top 5…a lot. It’s probably one of the hardest because in our eyes most of them are really skilled enough to reach the top and be a part of the national team.
I decided to make this with characters we all know, leaving out people introduced just in the manga. I hope I can stay objective with this one, but I can’t guarantee you that…
1. Ushijima. Let’s face it, this boy is already with one foot there, since he’s the only player selected to participate in the Youth World Championship as Japan’s under 18/19 volleyball representative. It would literally surprise nobody to see him being the first one wearing the red and black jersey.
2. Oikawa. He’s the setter™ and he honestly just deserves this place more than anyone else. Also imagine for the dramatics of it all, being finally in team with Ushijima…I’d pay to see it, but at the same time I’m more than sure that they’ll manage to work really really well together. After all, among everyone else, Ushijima chose him, this is a testament that there are no other setters as good as him around.
3. Kageyama. Speaking of people almost there, our wonderful blueberry has been chosen to train at the all Japan youth training camp, sign that they already got an eye on him and, seeing how immensely skilled and versatile he is, it’s almost obvious that he’s gonna become part of Japan’s national volleyball team in the future.
(Oikawa would have a blast being in the same team as Ushijima and Kageyama)
4. Tsukishima. Now that he’s “hooked on volleyball” I bet no one could stop him. He’s an incredible middle blocker, his abilities are recognized by everyone (that’s why a certain thing happened short after the Shiratorizawa match) and also he has still A LOT to grow. By the time he’s ready, every team would fight to have him and watch me being in the crowd yelling TSUKKIIIIIII until I have no air left in my lungs
5. Bokuto. He might not be the best ace of the country (yet), he’s not a stable player at all, but the national team needs him even just for the effect he has on people. Despite everything, he naturally draws people to him, he inspires and guide them, his power is so mesmerizing he doesn’t just motivate his own team, he motivates the opponents too. There may be spikers stronger than him (not so many tbh), but no one would have the same human impact on a team like he would have.
- Bonus: listen you have no idea how mad I am about the fact that no one ever acknowledges how hella good Nishinoya is as a libero. He’s perfect and the national team needs a guardian deity so if it’s not happening I’m gonna personally put him in a box and mail him there ok really he deserves it SO MUCH!!!!
Thank you for your message!