I'd loved the idea of Thug Kitchen, being a bit prone to dropping the odd f-bomb myself, but after reading around it have decided I have to give creedence to the issues of cultural appropriation (being an outsider to American culture, I hadn't recognized it at first, but I feel it's important to listen to the voices of those who feel their culture is being appropriated and worse, disrespected). Can you suggest an alternative, fun Vegan cookbook?
I have a long way to learn about cultural appropriation, but it is nice that you’re looking into it :)
Here are a list!
Hi there! The following are my top 3 recipe books:
- The Vegan Stoner Cookbook: 100 Easy Vegan Recipes to MunchExternal image
- The Kind Diet: A Simple Guide to Feeling Great, Losing Weight, and Saving the PlanetExternal image
- Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan CookbookExternal image
New Bestsellers (all books published late 2014)
- Plant Power
- Vegan Without Borders
- Vegan Tacos
- Chloe’s Vegan Italian Kitchen
- Hot Vegan
- External imageOATrageous Oatmeals
- Thug Kitchen: Eat Like You Give a F*ckExternal image
Easy Everyday Cookbooks
Don’t make the mistake of choosing a cookbook with fancy recipes as your first vegan cookbook. You want to start with an assortment of easy recipes you can prepare in minutes.
- The 30-Minute Vegan
- Quick-Fix VegetarianExternal image
- Blissful Bites
- Vegan Cooking for CarnivoresExternal image
- Short-Cut VeganExternal image
- Supermarket Vegan
- The Cheesy VeganExternal image
The recipes here tend to be more upscale and time consuming; they’ll provide you with a diversity of options ideal for guests and special occasions.
Cuisines from Around the World
There are a number of vegan cookbooks available that specialize in many of the world’s most beloved cuisines.
- World Vegan Feast
- The Mediterranean Vegan KitchenExternal image
- The 30-Minute Vegan’s Taste of the EastExternal image
- Vegan ItalianoExternal image
- The Indian Vegan KitchenExternal image
- Vegan Soul KitchenExternal image
- Caribbean VeganExternal image
- The Asian Vegan KitchenExternal image
- The Tropical Vegan Kitchen
- Buddha’s Table
Vegans absolutely, positively don’t have to make any sacrifices when it comes to enjoying sensational desserts.