People are like “Doomguy is a murder machine with no feelings and his only pleasure is murder”
And I’m like “Dude ended up in this fucked up situation because he was disgraced after refusing to open fire on innocent civilians back on Earth, would rather sacrifice himself if it meant saving what’s left of humanity and had a pet bunny named Daisy”
DOOM at the National Museum of Play in Rochester, New York
Remember when DOOM was inducted to the World Video Game Hall of Fame? Remember when they originally had a poll for the nominees but apparently it was brigaded so they took it down and elected the first inductees by themselves?
Anyway, here’s the section for DOOM in their museum that everyone can check out.
By the way, absolute class act from the staff by making a mention of how acts of violence have always existed in humanity’s history, predating violent videogames (and even electricity!).
(I believe someone should send a certain person from a certain news network down this section, just as a friendly reminder to not spit whatever dumb shit comes to his mind).
Okay… So I decided to do this quick schema to show how resets in UnderDecay is REALLY messed up to explain it in the most simplistic way possible.
- A true reset actually get you back to the ‘first timeline’ point ( when the human fall in the underground. ). Since there’s no action done yet by anyone, the information in the timeline always stay the same an never change.
- When a timeline end, depending of everyone’s decision and action, the information of the timeline actually change depending of the direction you take.
- In UnderDecay, the reason why some character still have an impression to know the human is due to a default in the true reset option.
- At EVERY new reset, the ‘first timeline’ point is missing little information that is leaving holes, making the timeline incomplete to actually make a reset. The timeline, too damaged, shouldn’t even been able to work.
- But somehow ( Spoilers. ), the timeline manage to fix the actual problem by using the information from the past timeline to fill the missing information, merging the two timelines together to make a brand new timeline.
Imagine this messed up situation, repeating at every single resets. Not only HOME is affected by it, but the inhabitant of the underground as well. The original ‘first timeline’ point barely remain due to the simply fact the timeline have been fixed over hundred of time…….
Welp, leaving this here so you guys can pondering about it while I’m going back to work~