Favorite Character Masterlist
Tagged by @igot2ne1problems
Rules: Tell me your favorite character from 10 fictional works (shows, movies, novels, etc ) and tag 10 people.
1. Great Kung Lao (Mortal Kombat franchise). A noble, kind and caring shaolin monk. The legend in Mortal Kombat. If I haven’t watched Mortal Kombat Conquest on TV back when I was 9 years old, I don’t know where I would be today. Ever since then Great Kung Lao is my most favorite fictional character. My ascention into the world of fiction started with Mortal Kombat Conquest and this character.
2. Superman (DC Comics). An alien boyscout with all the powers to conquer the world, he choses to use his abilities in order to help. He is an ultimate hero not only to Earth, but to an entire universe. Every other character even outside DC Comics looks up to Superman as an example of a hero a person wants to be. He is hope.
3. Liu Kang (Mortal Kombat franchise). For the most part of his existence he was Mortal Kombat’s Superman in a sense of morality and the general role as an ultimate hero of the franchise. I don’t like where NRS is currently taking the character, but I still live in hopes for better future for Liu Kang.
4. Uzumaki Naruto (manga/anine series). Naruto was my entering to the manga and anime world. Goody-two-shoes heroic characters is everything I need from the protagonist and if anything - Naruto is exactly that.
5. Kiryu Kazuma (Ryu ga Gotoku/Yakuza video game series). Goody two shoes badass Yakuza who cares deeply about orphants? How dare you not like this character?
6. Jack O’Neill (Stargate movies/TV series). The first military character that I liked, not to mention that he is the heart of Stargate SG-1. He is funny, he is badass, he is actually smart, even though he doesn’t show it. Have to mention that I like both O’Neills, the movie (Kurt Russel) and TV show’s (Richard Dean Anderson) versions.
7. Doctor Manhattan (The Watchmen comics). After losing your humanity, are you able to come back from this and feel again? This character has a very interesting concept and I’m very excited to see it explored in Doomsday Clock where he will enounter Superman.
8. Cole MacGrath (inFamous video game series). He was the first video game character that simulated me as a super hero in a perfect way. You start your journey with the accident that granted you powers. You don’t know why this happened, you don’t know what to do with these powers or what you are actually capable of. All of that you will discover throughout this amazing journey and learn what it takes to be a super hero. Though I like all inFamous protagonists, Cole was the first who introduced me to this amazing experience that no other super hero video game can offer. A road of super hero from it’s very beginning to the end. You are not established character from the start, you form your heroic self during the game.
9. Commander Shepard (Mass Effect video game series). Sometimes you don’t need to have super powers in order to save a galaxy. Sometimes all it takes is a good human heart, great leadership and a team that is also a family. Mass Effect trilogy will be forever one of my greatest journeys in video games.
10. Peter Petrelli (Heroes TV series). I always dreamed about how cool it would be if a protagonist in a super hero world had a power to have all powers? This is exactly what this show and this character gave to me.
This list was really hard to do and I’m not sure it is correct. I love literally all my favorite fictional characters. Legolas (LOTR), Obi-Wan (Star Wars), Nathan Drake (Uncharted), Lois Lane (DC Comics), Samantha Carter (Stargate SG-1), Elena Fisher (Uncharted), Ashley Williams (Mass Effect), the entire teams of Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire and Mass Effect and so on and so on. This list shouldn’t be top 10. It should be “Top Infinity”.