- James and Sirius start an underground business at Hogwarts called Moonywear in which they sell off Remus’s sweaters.
- All the Gryffindors secretly have at least one.
- They’re really soft okay
- And they smell nice.
- And everyone low key has a crush on Moony.
- Remus is just confused as hell.
- Like where are they all going?
- he’s just glad that his mum’s neighbor back in Wales (fite welsh moony is life) gives her free wool.
- Sirius keeps the most worn ones to himself. They have the most memories attached to them he could never let just ANYBODY where them.
- James insists that he ‘test drive’ them all before selling. ’ What if one turned around and strangled out customer pads!? That’s bad business!’ He’s just too dignified to save any for himself.
- Peter keeps the one with the Apple and pear patterns.
- They pull in a lot of profit from it though. Everybody wants some Moonywear. It’s the new trend.
- it’s actually kind of hilarious seeing all of these people walking around in oversized jumpers with hideous patternry like they’re top shit.
- Remus gets more confused
- They spend most of the money on blackmarket pain medication and chocolate.
- And if a new pair of shoes show up under his bed just after his ancient boots finally give up the ghost then who is Remus to complain.
- also Remus DEFINITELY recognises that jumper and why the fuck is Ted Tonks from HUFFLEPUFF wearing it!? It is NOT a coincidence James I KNOW my mother’s stitching!
- he only finds out after Hogwarts when he’s visiting James and Lilly and a bunch of his old jumpers are hanging out on the line.
Enjonine + 35